shape
carat
color
clarity

What color metal for amethyst ring?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hi all-

I recently purchased a 10mm amethyst and would like to make it into a ring (probably solitaire, but not 100% on that yet). I feel like I tend to look better in warmer color metals, but am open to whatever looks best with the stone.

Unfortunately, it's really rainy/dreary here so I have no good pictures. I took some pics next to a 14kt rose gold band, a 22kt band, and an 18kt gold band.

Any thoughts?

_35768.jpg

rose_14.jpg

_35769.jpg

18kt_yg.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone!! It already looks amazing on you. To my eyes it can go with all metal colors but it gets more oomph and a more luxurious feel with warm metal. Either will look great I think so I would choose whatever looks best with your skintone. I have set my Ammy in rose gold and I love it.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Acinom- any pics of your amethyst??

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no help, depending on the photo I like both. The yellow gold is not contrasting while the rose feel more matchy to the colors in the ammy

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What metal do you wear most? I think it looks very regal in yellow gold.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on these photos, I prefer your ammy with yellow gold - and my favorite combo is the 1st photo in this thread, you wearing a yellow gold band and resting the amethyst on your fingers next to it... is that band 18kt YG? (Gorgeous ammy, by the way!)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1450977686|3965810 said:
Acinom- any pics of your amethyst??

Here are some pics Logan Sapphire.
Could luck making your choice! I love yellow gold on your skin.

_1197.jpeg

_1198.jpeg

_1199.jpeg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My wedding rings and RHR are in platinum, but if I had a ring that was all metal and no pave, I'd tend to choose yellow gold. I also find it looks best with my skin (of Korean descent but not a pale Korean- one with a little color to her!). I like rose gold, though I feel like it blends in the most with my skin.

My concern with the yellow gold was that it could look a little too Mardi Gras-ish or too much like LSU colors.

Marymm- yes, that pic is with my 18kt band. Here's another pic.

Acinom- beautiful ring!! I love it. I have a turquoise and 18kt yg ring that I got from Turkey that looks almost identical.

_1200.jpeg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
As an LSU alum who is married to a Louisiana native (and rabid LSU fan/alum) I would never have thought it looked like mardi gras colors or LSU colors:)

I love it with all the yellow golds, my favorite is the one with the hammered finish.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would opt for white metal as yellow metal does not suit my skin tone, and I would choose CSs that go well with white metal.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results