shape
carat
color
clarity

What color gold for this blue cc spinel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
I have to agree with LD on the tanzanite setting. It looks as though the setting is in the process of swallowing the poor tanzanite.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the idea of a two tone rose/white combo. My second choice would be all white.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with White Gold, if there are diamonds in a halo. And I''d try to have some type of yellow gold additions. I''m thinking I''d like a Julia Kay Taylor with this WG with YG details. Did you post a photo of the LOGR that you won?

Are you sure you can''t keep it for another stone!?
9.gif
11.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2010 2:47:16 PM
Author: Chrono
TL,
I have to agree with LD on the tanzanite setting. It looks as though the setting is in the process of swallowing the poor tanzanite.
Well, maybe because that particular design is so heavy iin metal on the shank and the halo, I think in any gold color, it would swallow up the stone. However, does it really swallow it up because of the metal color?
33.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice. And yes, it wasn't the rose gold itself but the setting just didn't do the pear any justice, although I think the coppery colour provides too much contrast as well.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
In that RG photo the ring is not show face up, so I don''t know how anyone could accurately judge the impact of the setting on the stone. It''s logical that you''ll have an impression of too much metal if you show the ring from the side.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results