shape
carat
color
clarity

What color do you see?

Sadie12

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I just placed an order 0n this 3.65 G VS1 oval. It’s clearly not what a G typically looks like. So I was wondering what color do you all see? I really got intrigued by it and if anything I can return since I purchased it from Ritani. Let me know what you all think? I was planning on setting it in rose gold, but clearly no idea what color it will actually be in person.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Unless it has a brown modifier, which would be noted, I think, I'm going to guess you won't notice that tone in person, and it's just a side effect of whatever conditions they filmed in.

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
Maybe incandescent lighting.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
I think it’s just the lighting

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
In the crushed ice zones on a diamond that size you WILL see yellowish in a G.

Unfortunately grown diamonds rarely have any fluorescence.
In a stone like that the blue also becomes more concentrated and cancels the yellow in fluorescent diamonds.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please let us know what your thoughts are when your stone arrives @Sadie12. I think the stone you chose looks beautiful (this is the look I’m searching for and it’s not easy to find). I also the love the shape of your oval. I’ve spent way too many hours looking at ovals on Ritani and noticed color on some F color diamonds. I thought maybe it was just the lighting. I know nothing about ovals and am mainly going by what looks pretty to my eye.

@Garry H (Cut Nut), If you have a moment can I please get your opinion on the following questions. Do you think an F will show color? Could it just be the lighting on the website that is making it look tinted? Thank you.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I'm interested to see what color it shows, but it's beautiful

Sadie12

Rough_Rock
Yes, it’s here! It’s definitely not peach as in the video. LOL. I‘ve been trying to get a good picture , but can’t. It does show color, but it is more of a a brown undertone and not yellow. At least to my eyes. Let me try posting a video. I’m a little on the fence if she’s a keeper, but boy does she sparkle.

Sadie12

Rough_Rock
Goodness I don’t know how it added 3 pictures. My apologies. These are under fluorescent lighting. I’ll take more in natural and sunlight. Can you tell me if you see a significant bow tie? It does go dark under sunlight , which from what I’ve read is normal. The bow tie that is.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
It seems to have a little pinkish brown in some lighting. It will be beautiful set in rose gold.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sadie12, Thank you so much for coming back and posting pictures of your stone. You could never post too many pictures here. I think this stone looks beautiful!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh I’d keep that! It’s looking rosy-toned in a very appealing way.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sadie12, What type of setting are you thinking of for this stone?

Sadie12

Rough_Rock
I was thinking of having it set as a rose gold solitaire. I was debating going up a color , but if it’s set in rose gold I don’t think I need to go to an F. I’m glad some see a pink brown undertone, since pink is my favorite color. A part of me is stuck on the price as well. I got if for about $3300 including tax. I’ve noticed that Ritan’s prices fluctuate greatly and they seem to be lower in price this week based on these parameters, but not quite as nice as this one. I had purchased an emerald cut 3.64 in October. I could have gotten a 5 ct now for what I paid. So I kick myself on that one. :wall:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I‘ve noticed the price fluctuations too @Sadie12. You found a beautiful stone at a great price.

Sadie12

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I needed expert opinions on whether she’s a keeper or not.=)2

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Sadie12, I‘m not an expert. I believe @tyty333 is great at picking beautiful ovals. I tagged her here so hopefully she will drop by and offer her opinion.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to have a pretty pinkish hue and will look lovely in rose gold.

How exciting @Calliecake that you’re thinking of an oval too, it’s nice to see other shapes.

Sadie12

Rough_Rock
Oh I hope she chimes in! There’s a facet on top that goes dark in the sunlight and it’s kind of bugging me. I’m not sure if it’s supposed to do that. I’m assuming it’s not.

Sadie12

Rough_Rock
You can see the facet on top in the loupe video as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results