shape
carat
color
clarity

What color clasp with white pearls?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
My pearl strands have about a 50/50 split with yellow gold and white gold clasps. Some of my earrings are yellow gold so the clasps match them. I recently purchased some metallic pearls with a over all golden overtones on these special pearls from PP. I put a yellow gold clasp on them. It looks better than the white gold did.

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
I had my colours done in the 80s and since then have avoided yellow gold. White gold would be my choice just because it would match the majority of my jewelry, which is white gold or silver. But I think there are exceptions to the rule, such as yellow gold with golden SS.

ribbit

Rough_Rock
I think either would be great. I tend to favor white, except I've seen some rather ivory akoyas that go better with yellow.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
You're probably onto something there. I'm leaning towards the white gold, too. It seems like it would look more congruent with white pearls. Thanks everybody for your input! :))

PearlsOfJoy

Rough_Rock
Trade
just making an estimate based on what our customers choose and its about 60% yellow gold, 40% white gold. In my opinion white gold gives a more modern look for what its worth.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a yellow gold person, but in this case I'd choose white . . .

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Cool, that is interesting. Thanks for chiming in with the expert stats. :sun:

marktaylor9017

Rough_Rock
in my opinion, a white gold clasp would look better. it matches well with white pears. :naughty:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I had a white gold clasp put on my white with silver overtone akoya rope and it looks beautiful! I tend to match my gold with the color of the pearls. I definitely would go yellow gold with golden south seas, pink/peaches, and creamier colored pearls, but for the rest I prefer white gold.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
This is an excellent question, and a killer.

I have gone both ways with white pearls. And then there is the question of matte or shiny in the gold color you choose (matte ball clasps are sturdier, the shiny ones seem to dent when you so much as breath on them).

I usually end up wondering if I should have chosen the opposite color. But that may be my personality -- grass is greener...

So the bottom line for me is, I don't think you can go wrong; but you may not be 100% satisfied no matter which way you go. Perhaps not the clear answer you were hoping for...

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
There are some pretty cool two-tone clasps for some of us that can't decide and have earrings in both yellow and white gold~

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye|1375370582|3494522 said:
There are some pretty cool two-tone clasps for some of us that can't decide and have earrings in both yellow and white gold~

You are so sensible :wavey: Great suggestion Pattye!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results