shape
carat
color
clarity

What color are your 2 TCW or above diamond studs?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
What color are your diamond stud earrings? I am specifically asking about those that are 2c TCW or above? Do you like them? Would you go a shade in either direction?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 2.44ctw studs are I color (VS2). Before I got them, I bought 1.44 ctw E color. The smaller diamonds are icy white which I like. Defintiely, first thing people notice is the icy white color (besides the ideal cut). However, I prefer the larger I color studs for the size. Lowering the color allows me to get larger diamonds with my budget. On my ears, you would not notice any tint. All you see is bling, bling, bling. Therefore, go as low as I if you are not color sensitive. Some people may advise you to go to J color, but you should check out the color in person. I know I would not like J for myself.

Another thing I want to mention is how the two different color studs next to my F color (ACA meless) jacket. Of course, the E-color diamond matches better with the F color jacket melees in terms of color. However, due to proportion, with the large diamond signifiantly larger than the jacket melees, the combination, surprisingly, is great. Why? All I see is bling, bling, bling.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking G or H. I don't think I want to go I. I would like to get SI 1 or 2, but having trouble finding them.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have I colored studs that are WF ACA's. Great compromise on color for size in my case.

Mili-Lani

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have 2.4ctw studs too. One is a J and the other is a k ( :o ). My ering is a 2ct I color. I may not be that color sensitive but my stones are all H&As so they are super sparkly allowing me to go down in color (and up in size) a bit. You can't notice the color unless you put it right next to another stone that is colorless.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
My 3 carat studs are I SI2s. No one would be close enough to my ears to notice any tint (except my hubby). :lol: I bought 2 loose diamonds that matched and had the vendor make them into studs. You may want to do that to get the specs you want.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Interesting question with interesting answer. My 2.41 studs are certified by EGL International one is F and the other G. So in reality one is progably H and the Other I....lol Either way the color is fine. A local jeweler said he thought they were J and I believe he said that because I didn't buys his....

As someone mentioned above it is also about budget. I never thought I'd have 2.40 so I was willing to go down in color they are both 3x and super sparkly. I love them and never ever have taken them off since I got them in February.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The question is worded as:

"What color are your 2 TCW or above diamond studs?"

If it were worded as:

"What color were your 2 TCW or above diamond studs?" I could have participated in the thread! But in an attempt to sell off my good jewelry in order to upgrade my solitaire from a 1.67 to a 3 carat, I ceased to have a pair of 2 TCW diamond studs since one diamond was sold!

When I had the pair, they were not the pair of my dreams. They were not well matched stones, since I matched them and I didn't know what I was doing back then! They were also not ideal cut stones. On the plus side, they were both E color and VS clarity (according to GIA) and each was 1.25 carats in size (2.50 TCW). On my ears, one couldn't see that they were not perfectly matched. It wasn't like looking at two side stones in a ring! These earrings also seemed too large for me at one time. When I had not yet decided to sell anything, I started to wear a pair of 1.00 total carat weight diamonds (1/2 carat each) ideal cut stones that were D color and VS clarity instead of the larger ones.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

canadagirl

Rough_Rock
My studs are 3.05 ctw G SI 1 - and I love them! I could have gone to an F colour but I really wanted the size. I think that with a good cut, I could also have gone to H and it wouldn't have bothered me either. My ER is an H and I can't see any colour difference between the two. Hope this helps!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are 2.09 GIA XXX J/SI1 and J/SI2. I can't see any tint when they're in the ears, just sparkle. I love 'em.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone!

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
Mine are 3.6 ct. One is 1.8, I vvs1 and the other is 1.8 I/J VS1. Both uncerted as they were a gift from DH's mom but were recently appraised by Patrick Davis whom I trust is not soft. I've had 2 other jewelers tell me they were I/J as well.. I'm Asian with dark hair and they are very bright, very white and very sparkly. I'm not color sensitive and no one has ever commented on the warmth, just the size and sparkle. I think that you can safely go down in color to at least an I if you are after size.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to say that I have seen Mom2boys pair of I color ACA's, and they were gorgeous and white on the ears! You simply couldn't see any tint.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. I am still having trouble finding the H Si 1s so I could either go to a G or an I. Wonder why there are consistently no H's?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bought mine long ago. They are H , and to this day very happy with them. Good luck in your search!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results