shape
carat
color
clarity

What color and clarity 7 stone band?

DragonMom

Rough_Rock
Hi. I have been reading this board for a while and have learned a lot here. I am in the process of choosing my wedding band and I think I would like a 7 stone band. I want one that is large enough to be worn on its own often. I will wear my e ring with it too though, so I am wondering... I have a square cut radiant solitaire e ring... VS1 clarity and H in color. The bands I am looking at are either VS1-VS2 F-G color or S1-S2 H-I color. I don't know which would look better with my center stone. I am looking at 15 pointers... maybe 20 ... haven't decided on that yet. there will also be a small band between the two when I wear them together with some very tiny stones in a pave setting... like half pointer small. Any help would be appreciated.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will the 7 stone band be with round stones? How large is your engagement ring diamond? It might be helpful if you could post a couple of pictures of the engagement ring, including one with the profile view so we can see where a band would sit under it.

I'd for sure go with H color, or G-H, but I'd want VS clarity for a wedding band, especially. You can easily have one custom made with ideal cut diamonds in the color and clarity you prefer.

DragonMom

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply! I was wondering if the S1-S2 would be noticeable in the smaller stones. The engagement diamond is 1.06 c. I know most people on here prefer the smaller stones on the wedding band but the band will be worn alone more often than with the e ring but I don't want there to be a color difference when I do wear them together. Where are good places to have them made?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what style you like, but Whiteflash may have a couple. This one comes in 1 ctw which is about 14 point stones and you could likely request G-H color diamonds:

They likely can do other style settings and their diamonds are top quality.

Another idea is ID Jewelry. You'd have to tell them which setting style you want, and tell them you want Pricescope quality, excellent cut diamonds in G-H color and VS clarity.

I would not go over about 1 ctw or 15 pointers if you want to wear it with your engagement ring.

DragonMom

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Do you think there would be a noticeable difference in the S stones vs. the VS on the band? This decision is making me crazy and we are 3 months out from the wedding! lol
I also should mention that I have no intention of upgrading so I want to get exactly what I want now.... I love my e ring , he chose it himself as I had no idea a proposal was coming and we had never discussed rings before, the setting is perfection and the stone is absolutely gorgeous, I would have probably chosen a slightly larger one for my size 7 finger.

DragonMom

Rough_Rock
Also do you think that the FG color stones would work with my H diamond? I was looking at the whiteflash one you posted

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember fancy shapes show more color than rounds. So an H round may appear more white than an H fancy shape.

Also the cut quality of each stone affects our perception of color. If light is leaking you may see more color. An ideal cut stone will properly reflect light and make it appear whiter in the face up position.

https://www.pricescope.com/education/diamond-color#upside-down

Lastly, size matters. Even if you didn’t have shape differences, size is still a factor. Generally, smaller stones look whiter than their larger counterparts of the same color grade & cut quality.

https://www.pricescope.com/education/diamond-color#size

It may be worth going to a local jeweler and analyzing some GIA graded stones in various colors AND similar 15-20 pointer sizes to see how well they do or don’t pair with your e-ring.

My guess is you will find H-I-J to be a better match. Clarity is a personal decision. IMO, the smaller the stone the less fussy I am about SI1 or VS+. Normally price isn’t a huge factor in those sort of smaller sizes so I may err on the side of caution from a mind clean perspective.

So I’m thinking H-J color and VS clarity.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would stick to H/I colors. Round Brilliants, especially well-cut ones, will have better light return than a radiant, by nature, and
may bring out the color in your radiant.

Can you post a picture of your radiant stone (straight down into the stone)?

I would tend to stick with 15 pointers over 20. I've had both. I wore the 15 pointers with my 1.08 pear but the 20 pointer is just
too much for my pear (IMO). I do think 15 pointers is enough to wear as a stand-alone ring. Best bet is to go try on some
15 and 20 pointers with your ering to see what you like best. BTW, I have a 6 3/4 finger.

Examples...
So here is an old picture of my 5 stone, 15 pointers. Size worked fine with my pear (IMO).
Here is my 7 stone 20 pointers. Its just too big to wear with my pear IMO. (also, the pear is in a
different setting from the previous post FYI).

DragonMom

Rough_Rock
tyty333 your rings are beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results