shape
carat
color
clarity

What college are you an alumni of?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After reading the age post I saw three of us have connections to U of I. I wonder how many of us have alumni connections we are not aware of?

DH went to Drexal University in Philly, UW Madison, and U of I Urbana Champaign.

I went to Montgomery County Community College in Blue Bell, PA (dental hygiene)

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Colgate University in Hamilton, NY!

And an eventual alumna of the University of Arizona for my PhD... one day... :errrr:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Undergrad: ILLINI, baby!
Grad School: National-Louis U, and Benedictine (GO EAGLES!) (I recently spent a summer studying at App State and loved it. Go Apps!)

DH went to Circle (AKA: UIC, U of I at Chicago) for undergrad and grad school.
50394_2200112619_9347_n.jpg

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went to a different U of I for undergrad... Iowa! At Northwestern Law right now.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
University of Miami for undergrad and Nova Southeastern University for grad.

I may be adding University of Florida. I am considering going back for a Master in Accounting. I work in the governmental sector now and would really love to understand governmental accounting. Or go back to Nova for a Master in Healthcare Administration. I don't know yet but I'm getting an itch to go back to school.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissStepcut|1314755165|3005933 said:
I went to a different U of I for undergrad... Iowa! At Northwestern Law right now.
I live nearby, MissS, and I teach at Northwestern on Saturdays. We're neighbors!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you sure? The law school is not in Evanston...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissS--We're just outside the city. But nevermind, I was just acknowledging that we're near each other, no biggie. Good luck with your studies.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I'm an alumni of Montclair State University...

I've attended a few colleges though.

Originally went Temple University and I stayed there for 3 years.

Then I transferred to Montclair State where I graduated from.

After that I went to Bucks County Community College for my pre-req's into nursing school.

I'm now at the University of Medicine and Dentistry School of New Jersey and I'll be graduating in May.

Finally, I'm either going to go to UMDNJ in Stratford for my MSN or to Jefferson in Philadelphia.

*PHEW*

jas

Brilliant_Rock
University of Chicago undergrad
Northwestern grad school.

ages ago

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No it's neat! I have been hoping we'd have a Chi meet up eventually, actually. But I have yet to visit Evanston, which is a bit of an embarrassment as an NU student. I will be taking an MBA class up there this semester, so I'll finally know what's good up there!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
MissStepcut|1314755165|3005933 said:

How 'bout them Hawkeyes, MissStepcut?!
Class of '85 and I was born in Boyd Tower when my parents were both there.
(And I have a cousin who is a Northwestern grad.)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Cornellian here! and I know there are a few others on PS!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissStepcut|1314756060|3005948 said:
No it's neat! I have been hoping we'd have a Chi meet up eventually, actually. But I have yet to visit Evanston, which is a bit of an embarrassment as an NU student. I will be taking an MBA class up there this semester, so I'll finally know what's good up there!
I've been to one Chicago GTG. It was fun! We should plan another one when the next gem show comes to town.

Evanston is a great place. I like it a lot, but I prefer Chicago. :bigsmile:
My mom is a Northwestern Alum for undergrad and grad school. We went to a lot of sad football games when I was a child. :cheeky:

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Haven|1314756440|3005954 said:
MissStepcut|1314756060|3005948 said:
I've been to one Chicago GTG. It was fun! We should plan another one when the next gem show comes to town.

Evanston is a great place. I like it a lot, but I prefer Chicago. :bigsmile:
My mom is a Northwestern Alum for undergrad and grad school. We went to a lot of sad football games when I was a child. :cheeky:

I am a Northwestern Alumna!! Nice to see it has such a nice showing here!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Proud graduate of THE Ohio State University!

Go Buckeyes! Wootwoot!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
charbie|1314757011|3005961 said:

Go Buckeyes! Wootwoot!
WHY?! Why do players always say that? I've always wondered!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1314754295|3005917 said:
After reading the age post I saw three of us have connections to U of I.

How does one know that "The U of I " refers to , "The University of Illinois" and not, "The University of Iowa" or, "The University of Idaho"? How are those other two schools abbreviated?

AGBF
:read:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Davidson College for undergrad, New York Medical College in Valhalla, NY for my MD. And, in two years, Yale for residency (although it's not a degree, but I'm counting it since it's 4 years of education/training!)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Another U of I (Chicago) alum here! :wavey:

Grad school was Dominican University (River Forest, IL)

I would love a Chicago GTG!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1314755989|3005945 said:
I'm an alumni of Montclair State University...

I've attended a few colleges though.

Originally went Temple University and I stayed there for 3 years.

Then I transferred to Montclair State where I graduated from.

After that I went to Bucks County Community College for my pre-req's into nursing school.

I'm now at the University of Medicine and Dentistry School of New Jersey and I'll be graduating in May.

Finally, I'm either going to go to UMDNJ in Stratford for my MSN or to Jefferson in Philadelphia.

*PHEW*

AN!!! I live super close to Montclair State :) and my sister just graduated from UMDNJ for her registered dietician license! small world :) Oh and my close friend from undergrad goes to Jefferson in Philly :)

As for myself- I went to TCNJ (College of NJ) for my undergrad, graduate degree, and currently working on my +15 through TCNJ courses :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1314756216|3005951 said:
Cornellian here! and I know there are a few others on PS!

My sister is a cornelian- class of 2010

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1314757313|3005966 said:
charbie|1314757011|3005961 said:

Go Buckeyes! Wootwoot!
WHY?! Why do players always say that? I've always wondered!
Well...I was a tour guide at OSU, so I know the answer :)
Ohio State was originally named Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College (Ohio A&M) and back in the 1800's they changed the name to reflect that the university was growing and more comprehensive. In a move to separate it from the other universitys popping up in the state, they officially named it The Ohio State University to show its noteriety. For a really long time there was no mention of the "the" but in recent years (starting in the 80's) they changed the logo to get away from just being OSU, since there are other OSU's in the US. The new logo contained the 'the' to mark its prestige as "the" university for the state of Ohio. Yes, it sounds pretentious, and gets a lot of eye rolls, but its part of the pride and history of the university taking its place in Ohio.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long Island girl here, Molloy College and grad school at CUNY Queens!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Charbie! I've always wondered what the deal was. Football games and draft day are going to be filled with much less mystique for me now! :cheeky:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
jas|1314756053|3005947 said:
University of Chicago undergrad
Northwestern grad school.

ages ago

Jas, Yay! Another U of C'er here! Huuuuge nerds!

Undergrad: Univ of Chicago
Grad: Univ of Chicago

DH's Undegrad: Northwestern Univ
DH's Grad: Northwestern Univ

We're lifer's in our respective universities.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Which time?? :lol: :lol:

Started at Coe College, Cedar Rapids, IA (the year the Iowa Hawkeyes went to the Rose Bowl. Yes, I'm old)
Transferred to Sauk Valley College, Dixon, IL for AAS in Medical Lab Technology
BS in Medical Technology from U of I Chicago
MEd from National-Louis University

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
My DH and I are both graduates of University of Illinois -----Champaign/Urbana...... Can't believe there are so many on pricescope!

Wonder if any of the graduates of U of I were in a sorority/fraternity? It is so huge at Illinois. My husband and I were both in a fraternity/sorority. I grew up in Chicago and miss it so much. I moved away years ago. Family is still there so I visit frequently!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, SO many Chicago-area schools!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indiana State University--Go Sycamores!!!

I grew up and now live in Indiana University territory now. Go Hoosiers!

Those of you who attended several schools, do not lose heart: my dad went to Franklin, Purdue, I.U., and Daytona Beach J.Cl (not in that order) in between serving our country during Vietnam. My mother attended college for a couple years in WI...I was the first person in my immediate family to obtain an undergrad (4 year) degree.

Also: GDI here. Just thought I'd throw that out there because I know that's the next question! Ha!

ETA: my dad was a Sigma Nu at Purdue and I.U. He encouraged me to go greek and I rushed for one night two years in a row and just couldn't do it. :wavey: My mother always says she made me too independent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results