shape
carat
color
clarity

What clarity/color/dimensions etc. for diamond earrings.

tdstl123

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
My fiance wants to trade in her .15 ct diamond earrings for earnings between .30 and .40 carats. Our ideal price range is about 800 and certainly no more than 1000. What should our criteria be for picking a good set for this price?

Thanks!

tdstl123

Rough_Rock
I should probably clarify that I am looking for round studs and .30 - 40 per ear.

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think some things are personal preference but here is what I did. Always excellent cut. Then I went with J color as I don't think it is as apparent on your ears and I am not really color sensitive. I think you can go lower on clarity as inclusions are not as noticeable. That being said I went with VS2. You will also need to make sure actual sizes of the two stones match as close as possible. Some vendors have pairs already picked out. I chose to pick my own. I am sure if you post stones you are looking at you will get plenty of help picking. Upgrading (that's what I did) is always fun.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
You might call ID Jewelry and talk to them. I think they'll be able to get you something close to the size you want in budget. You should mention you are from PS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results