shape
carat
color
clarity

What carat size for a solitaire diamond pendant? .35ct to .60 cts please!

weemie

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I was looking at getting a diamond solitaire pendant to wear daily, but I’m finding it hard to judge the size on the neck! I’m looking at a minimum of .35 carats and maximum of about .60 carats. Would anyone be willing to share their pendants in and around this size on the neck? I’d be very grateful!

In terms of pendant size, I see ~2/3 of your e-ring often recommended as a nice, balanced size on PS. It often works - if someone has a pair of studs and a ring that fall into the other PS “recommendations” (stud ctw = ring ct, ie each stud stone is 1/2 the ring), then a pendant stone that is bigger than each individual stud but smaller than the ering is a great size. How big is your ering, if you’re engaged/married? Also, do you have/wear studs?

That being said if you don’t fall into that general recommendation and would rather have something bigger/smaller; that’s totally fine. When I was deliberating pendant sizes, I realised that I wanted a pendant stone 1/3 the size of my expected ering. I thought it was a bit much otherwise especially because I would only wear the pendant casually.

Trying on pendants is actually the best way. Perhaps buying a CZ or something is the way to go, to test drive your desired size. I will say that for smaller pendants (<1ct) I personally like them on shorter chains, so they hit right at or under the hollow of the throat.

Best of luck!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont believe in proportions being based on your ering. Get the size that looks best on you. I'm 5' 7'' medium boned. What looks good
on me vs. someone who is petite (shorter and small-boned) may be totally different. A .35 would look more like a dangle charm on me. I wear
a 1.08 OEC which is about 6.3mm. It is a nice size on me.

Agree that you need to go try on some different sizes to see which you like best. Remember DSS (diamond shrinkage syndrome) can set it so maybe buy a little bigger than what you like.

Here is the relative size difference of a .35 and a .6 on a size 6 finger (just to help you visualize size).
snip 1.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would buy the biggest size I could afford.

weemie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all of the responses! This is a small treat for me so not a huge budget, I’m going to do a bit of layering so I’m starting with this. Thanks so much for sharing that other thread, it’s exactly what I needed to see!

CathB

Rough_Rock
I dont believe in proportions being based on your ering. Get the size that looks best on you. I'm 5' 7'' medium boned. What looks good
on me vs. someone who is petite (shorter and small-boned) may be totally different. A .35 would look more like a dangle charm on me. I wear
a 1.08 OEC which is about 6.3mm. It is a nice size on me.

Agree that you need to go try on some different sizes to see which you like best. Remember DSS (diamond shrinkage syndrome) can set it so maybe buy a little bigger than what you like.

Here is the relative size difference of a .35 and a .6 on a size 6 finger (just to help you visualize size).
snip 1.png

What a very handy tool tyty333! Can I please ask where this can be found? Thank you so much.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I like a pendant between .3 and .5 I really love that look especially bezeled. I like my studs that size too because I sleep and shower in them and want to do the same with my pendant. What do you prefer? My friend wears a Tiffany dbty and love the way it catches the light. I agree size of your neck matters too though. My friend is 4”11. LOL

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I was looking at getting a diamond solitaire pendant to wear daily, but I’m finding it hard to judge the size on the neck! I’m looking at a minimum of .35 carats and maximum of about .60 carats. Would anyone be willing to share their pendants in and around this size on the neck? I’d be very grateful!

Top is: .24ct
Middle is: .30ct (but set in a bezel)
Bottom is: .53ct

size compare.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results