carat
color
clarity

What can you tell me about this vintage ring

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi expert Pricescopers,

I came across this beautiful ring on a business trip and can't stop thinking about it. It was in a new jewelry store that had a few estate/vintage items. The sales clerk couldn't tell me much about the ring other than it's 1.6 carat H-color uncertified brilliant cut in platinum. I love the look of the diamond facets and millgrain. In the second photo you can see a reflection of me taking the shot in the diamond!

I'd be interested in your opinions about the age of the ring, whether it really is a round brilliant cut and the name of the type of setting.

pdring2.jpg

pdring3.jpg

pdring4.jpg

pdring5.jpg

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately, I think to make any real judgment of the stone or the setting we would need more detailed pics. To tell the age of the stone we would need to be able to see the facets up close to tell if it's a mrb, tranny, or oec.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Couple more... sorry my photos aren't the best.

Also a pic from another forum by Singlestone - similar style but far, far more impressive.

_377.jpg

pdring1.jpg

sstonesample.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I can tell you that your camera is black and it's obstructing the stone. Sorry honey, wish I could tell you more. I like the setting style but I can't tell you anything else about the stone really.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo. From the last pic you posted I can definitely see why you love it. It is a very lovely vintage design. Doesn't seem to be a mrb, but hard to tell with the angle off the pic.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ponder - thanks for your input - the last photo is NOT the ring in question but a 7++ carat Singlestone in a similar setting. I was mainly interested in knowing when the 'box' settings were produced.

Gypsy - thank you for the opinion on the setting, nice to have a PS guru approve..

Hopefully I can return to the jeweler on Friday and get more photos with a serious camera! The facets will be revealed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results