shape
carat
color
clarity

What can you tell me about this estate OEC ring and matching band?

dcballers

Rough_Rock
Hi, I received this estate engagement ring with matching band. I had the engagement ring appraised and was told platinum setting with OEC diamond ~0.98ct SI1 H/I. The marking on the band also indicates that it's platinum (see below closeup) although I did not have it appraised. Can anyone tell me anything about the era or design of these rings? Anything interesting or of significance?

Thank you for your insights!

tempImagevPAVA1.jpg
IMG_0818 3.jpg
IMG_0812.jpg IMG_0813.jpg IMG_0814.jpg IMG_0815.jpg
tempImage1jlaQs.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
cant help you except to see they are drop dead gorgeous
were they from your family ?
i hope you get them sized and have them on your finger asap

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That stone does not look like an old European cut. It looks like a round brilliant cut or maybe a transitional if it’s older.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely set. The main diamond does not appear to be an OEC nor an early round brilliant. The faceting looks more modern. Perhaps the original wearer upgraded the diamond. The metal mix of platinum and irridium was used in antique and vintage rings. I would guess the setting was created around the 1940's or 50's because the round diamonds in the band do not appear to be OECs or transitional cut diamonds.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are definitely no OEC’s here, but it’s a very beautiful set. I would guess late 1940’s?

dcballers

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your evaluations! 1940s-1950s is consistent with how the ring was found. A family member got it from an estate ~15-20 years ago so if the previous wearer was born 80-85 years prior they would likely have been married around mid century or just before. It sounds like that previous owner was likely also the original if the stone is not OEC.
What are the attributes that indicate not OEC or Transitional? I had someone tell me that the faceting was "bad" which made me think it was not made with modern cutting techniques/machinery.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a lovely set, but I agree not an OEC. You should be able to see a flower pattern when you look in to the stone.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your evaluations! 1940s-1950s is consistent with how the ring was found. A family member got it from an estate ~15-20 years ago so if the previous wearer was born 80-85 years prior they would likely have been married around mid century or just before. It sounds like that previous owner was likely also the original if the stone is not OEC.
What are the attributes that indicate not OEC or Transitional? I had someone tell me that the faceting was "bad" which made me think it was not made with modern cutting techniques/machinery.

One would be- when looking straight down at the diamond an oec or omc would have thick, chunky, flowery facets. A modern round brilliant will have splintery looking facets as seen in your diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results