shape
carat
color
clarity

What can I get for 12,000

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mr.chad

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help so far.Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go online for a diamond.My budget is around 12,000 what kind of round diamond should expect to get.Also my gilfriend and are going to Chicago this weekend and she would like to stop into Tiffany any thoughts on their diamonds.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m thinking a 1.5 ish F/G SI1.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
first thing is most people on here will say Tiffany is over priced for what you get. I say you like what you like. but dont think you have to go to Tiffany''s to get the best diamonds, your buying the little blue box.

as for the budget, i assume $12k is just for the stone? or stone and setting?

and what you can get all depends on what you want. you can get a really large chunk of frozen dinosaur spit, or a smaller super sparkler. what is your color tolerance? you need to rank your priorities of the 4 c''s.

in general your stone selections, assuming moderate trade off of color and clarity, and all well cut, i would guess to be between 1.2 and 1.6 carats, more carats if cut quality is sacraficed.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
if it was my cash.. i would probably be looking at these, and this is just a quick search of my favorite site.
the last one has a painted girdle, but that is a personal preference if you care or not.
1.264ct G VS2
1.23ct G VS1
1.33ct H VS1
1.196ct F VS2

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Or, if you''r shopping in Chicago...

Dimend Scaasi is there, and is frequently recommded here. More recently, they started populating the search by cut db here, too.

You didn''t happen to mention if your budget included the setting.

Best,

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
avlis, how did you know the last one was painted? did it say anywhere?

avlis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/9/2006 2:32:14 PM
Author: Eva17
avlis, how did you know the last one was painted? did it say anywhere?

looking at the Helium scan of this stone, it shows the outline of the girdle. if the peaks are not a uniform height, it usually indicates a "modified" girdle. in this case the bezel % is significantly smaller than the bone % indicating a painted girdle.

you can get the bezel% and bone% from a sarin scan as well, it just doesnt make the easy to look at picture.

im not going to get into whether its good or bad. its just modified.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results