shape
carat
color
clarity

What brand of towels do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking of replacing our towels and I''m not sure what kind to get. I actually don''t want really thick towels or the extrra large kind. Regular ones will do. What do you like?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly I used to love Martha Stewart''s K-mart brand! When i was in college about 7 years ago my mother bought me about 8 of her bath towels which werent'' finished with that stripe down one end, so they all folded perfectly as the stripe tends to shrink to a different length than the rest of the towel! I still to this day use them and they are in great shape, and I always look for towels without that stripe on one end!

TJ Maxx usually has a good selection of good towels for less than you would pay at a department store...also overstock has an extensive selection but you can''t feel the hand of the terry cloth online...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love towels from Target. I have bought expensive ones and still love my Target towels.
9.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I have towels from Neiman Marcus, Horchow and Kohl''s

I buy tons of the ones from Kohl''s. I get them when they go on sale
for 9.00 ea. Reg price is 18.00. I honestly think they are just as good as
the ones from Neiman''s and Horchow (Monogrammed is the only difference)

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 2:47:17 AM
Author: monarch64
Honestly I used to love Martha Stewart''s K-mart brand! When i was in college about 7 years ago my mother bought me about 8 of her bath towels which werent'' finished with that stripe down one end, so they all folded perfectly as the stripe tends to shrink to a different length than the rest of the towel! I still to this day use them and they are in great shape, and I always look for towels without that stripe on one end!

TJ Maxx usually has a good selection of good towels for less than you would pay at a department store...also overstock has an extensive selection but you can''t feel the hand of the terry cloth online...

I have some MArtha Stweart towels from when I was in college as well, and they have held up nicely--except mine have the stripe that you don''t like. Although, I have noticed that my Martha towels fold up better than some of my others...

And most of my other current towels are from TJ max or Marshals, etc.

I''m hoping to ones I registered for hold up well (Charter club from Macys...though I really wanted restoration hardware linens--maybe when I strike it rich)

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Three years ago I got rid of all my towels and replaced with with lands end towels. They were on special and I happened to like the colors they were featuring on sale. I don''t remember what they are called. They are the nicest ones they offer. Just solid colors.

I love my towels!! They are the best i have ever used and they have held up SO well. I have a lot of kids and wash them very often and they look and feel great still. Even on sale they were not cheap but I would not hesitate to buy them again.

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 10:44:58 AM
Author: Skippy123
i love towels from Target. I have bought expensive ones and still love my Target towels.
9.gif
Another Target fan here.

In one bathroom we have Fieldcrest brand from Target and they have stayed very fluffy and soft, in another we have Ralph Lauren towels and they are very disappointing having gone hard and lost color fairly quickly (and the price was double times more that the Target ones).

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
I like the towels from Kohl''s as well. Like Ann said, never buy anything from Kohl''s that''s not on sale! (''Cause it will be next week...
2.gif
)

And I agree with Monarch about towels with stripes shrinking at different rates. I like the look of the stripe, but it annoys me to no end when towels don''t fold properly!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2007 11:10:44 PM
Author: sarahthewarrior
I like the towels from Kohl''s as well. Like Ann said, never buy anything from Kohl''s that''s not on sale! (''Cause it will be next week...
2.gif
)

And I agree with Monarch about towels with stripes shrinking at different rates. I like the look of the stripe, but it annoys me to no end when towels don''t fold properly!
DH has some towels from before we met that have held up too well to get rid of with that decorative stripe, so when I fold them I do them "inside out" so to speak, I guess in other words I fold them backwards so the stripe doesn''t show at all. That way when you stack them in the linen closet they all line up nicely and they''re not all crazy on the edges!

And I definitely thritto not buying anything from Kohl''s that isn''t on sale...you know as soon as you do they''re going to put whatever you bought on sale right after you pay full price!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought some towels at Kohls for camp for my kids, sleep away. They had buy one get one free. Figured I could replace towels that have gone to camp for seven summers, retire those to the rag closet! I got medium blue and grey, so that I can label them but they are not so light that they will show dirt.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no brand in particular to recommend, but go Egyptian cotton all the way!!! DH and I have just discovered the joys of Egyptian cotton towels and, well, now I'll never go back to the "regular" kind. They're ultra-light -- nothing more annoying than maneuvering a 5-lb towel while wet and shivering in the shower. They're ultra-thirsty -- I don't have to "rub" to get dry like I did with the regular towels. And, they dry SUPER-fast. They're more expensive, but so worth it! We have only two and that's all that DH and I need. Guests have to use the regular, heavy towels, hehe.

We got ours from Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha for whatever reason this thread title makes me laugh. i am like what brand of towels?? but yeah here i am reading about what people want for towels. and going ''oh yeah!''.

i get my towels from BBB...i have bought macys stuff before and had it not hold up, and i have bought expensive ralph lauren towels and had them not hold up, so i just go to BBB, feel them and try to stay away from anything that won''t absorb or is too cheapy, and so far i''ve been okay. i like wamsutta i think is the brand...we have a bunch of their towels mostly because they have a great color selection so it''s fun to match the guest bathroom with colors and all that.

and crazy but Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel towels have held up really well in our household. i have a ton of them because they always come out with cute seasonal stripes and stuff so it''s fun to switch things up in the guest bath and our downstairs powder room for seasons. in our own master bathroom we only use plain white fluffy towels because it''s just easier and i like the ''clean'' look they give off.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 10:14:04 PM
Author: mightyred

9.gif
Another Target fan here.

In one bathroom we have Fieldcrest brand from Target and they have stayed very fluffy and soft, in another we have Ralph Lauren towels and they are very disappointing having gone hard and lost color fairly quickly (and the price was double times more that the Target ones).
Agreed, Target all the way. The Fieldcrest brand is great and non-fadey (is that a word? Guess it is now). I have burgundy in my bathroom, and the towels still match the rugs after many washes.
9.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 5:26:51 PM
Author: Julianna

Date: 4/23/2007 10:14:04 PM
Author: mightyred

9.gif
Another Target fan here.

Agreed, Target all the way. The Fieldcrest brand is great and non-fadey (is that a word? Guess it is now). I have burgundy in my bathroom, and the towels still match the rugs after many washes.
9.gif
Add me to the Target list as well. Kohl's are nice too

berkley

Rough_Rock
+1 for Target towels too!!
36.gif

I really like the Thomas O''Brien''s. They are fluffy but still absorbant. It may sound CRAZY, but I went out and bought some craaa-zy pricey super fluffy towels after a recommendation from my aunt. While they really were soft and fluffy, they didn''t absorb anything! I know it sounds crazy, but these fluff-ball towels seemed to smear water around more than do what a towel is supposed to do. Hubby used ''em once, and asked me where our "good" towels went!

I''ll take my trusty Target towels any day!!

1.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i bought mine from BB&B. they are pure beech kind. and they freakin'' stopped carring them.
so, my next towels will come from pottery barn i think. i also heard good things about restoration hardware''s towels.
mum... white towels....and white sheets...love that.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 10:23:03 AM
Author: jcrow
i bought mine from BB&B. they are pure beech kind. and they freakin'' stopped carring them.
so, my next towels will come from pottery barn i think. i also heard good things about restoration hardware''s towels.
Have you tried PB towels before? Just a warning, the ones I had didn''t hold up very well. I have the Lyon stripe in the master and ticking stripe in the kids''. The ticking still looks ok (using them since July) but, the Lyon looks terrible. They are falling apart. Grrrr...I just fold them into thirds and use them anyway since they only look bad on the edges. They match everything in the bedroom so I guess I''ll just use the crapolla towels.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay i have to say that i really HATE HATE HATE when towels just smear the water around and don't absorb. what kind of towels are those?!?!! i have gotten a few towels like that and am always like whaaa?!?

miranda i have had great luck with the PB towels so far, i have a few different sets and we used some striped ones in the master bedroom for a year or two. they are really soft, fluffy and absorb well. i also have heard good things about RH as well and want to try them but just never get around to them. but i also really like the mikkimoto ones from CB too, cheaper than PB or RH and really fluffy and soft, but you have to like the pattern they come in at any given time of the year, they don't do solids really, if i recall correctly.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

Some of mine are from Restoration Hardware and they are WONDERFUL! I have those in the guest bathroom while my FI use ones from Pottery Barn. I can definitely say without question that Restoration Hardware''s towels are better than PB''s. Although I can''t say that I can complain much about PB''s towels since they''re very nice too.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 1:17:27 AM
Author: berkley
+1 for Target towels too!!
36.gif

I really like the Thomas O''Brien''s. They are fluffy but still absorbant. It may sound CRAZY, but I went out and bought some craaa-zy pricey super fluffy towels after a recommendation from my aunt. While they really were soft and fluffy, they didn''t absorb anything! I know it sounds crazy, but these fluff-ball towels seemed to smear water around more than do what a towel is supposed to do. Hubby used ''em once, and asked me where our ''good'' towels went!

I''ll take my trusty Target towels any day!!

1.gif
Another for Thomas O''Brien from Target. They are awesome. Very soft and fluffy, and stay soft and fluffy after wash. Also so cheap, only like $9.99 for bath towel. I had gotten more expensive fluffy ones from Macy''s (don''t remember the brand) that got so stiff after wash. I hate that.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 11:50:34 AM
Author: Miranda

Have you tried PB towels before? Just a warning, the ones I had didn''t hold up very well. I have the Lyon stripe in the master and ticking stripe in the kids''. The ticking still looks ok (using them since July) but, the Lyon looks terrible. They are falling apart. Grrrr...I just fold them into thirds and use them anyway since they only look bad on the edges. They match everything in the bedroom so I guess I''ll just use the crapolla towels.

nope i''ve never had either pb or rh towels. i''ve just love the feeling of them in the stores, besides hearing good things.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 12:29:49 PM
Author: Mara
okay i have to say that i really HATE HATE HATE when towels just smear the water around and don''t absorb. what kind of towels are those?!?!! i have gotten a few towels like that and am always like whaaa?!?

miranda i have had great luck with the PB towels so far, i have a few different sets and we used some striped ones in the master bedroom for a year or two. they are really soft, fluffy and absorb well. i also have heard good things about RH as well and want to try them but just never get around to them. but i also really like the mikkimoto ones from CB too, cheaper than PB or RH and really fluffy and soft, but you have to like the pattern they come in at any given time of the year, they don''t do solids really, if i recall correctly.

interesting to hear about the cb towels. i know i''ll what solids. white specifically. there''s no cb around me, but the next time i''m in houston, i''ll have to do a touch test there.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 1:25:09 PM

Date: 4/26/2007 11:50:34 AM
Author: Miranda

nope i''ve never had either pb or rh towels. i''ve just love the feeling of them in the stores, besides hearing good things.
It sounds like Mara had good luck with PB towels. It could just be that my batch was defective or something. I probably should have tried to return them since they started to ravel after 2ish wahsings, but, I bought them in Jan of 06 and didn''t start using them until July 07. By that time they had discontinued that pattern and of course they went so well with my bedding so I couldn''t part with them.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It''s not so much preference cos I don''t think much about towels but I have ralph lauren ones. I have no idea if they are good or not as long as absorb water:razz: But funny thing is, the first time I went over to my husband, then bf''s place, he had the exact same bath towel as me, in the exact same blue!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I had actually forgotten about this thread and I found it again when I was catching up on this forum. Oops!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Kohl''s Royal Velvet, I just looked to see which one I buy.
But only when they are on sale or 1/2 price. Honestly, they are as
soft and absorbent as the Neimans and Horchow ones I like. And if
they are not in the store, they might have them online, just know
your colors.

I hate those slick cheap kitchen towels, talk about pushing water around!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I will second Ann''s rec for Royal Velvet. We just redid our bedroom which of course morphed into changing colors in the bathroom. I really like the Royal Velvet. They''re nice and thick and thirsty. I used to always buy Lands'' End, but these are just as nice I think.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I also like Royal Velvet. But Grand Patrician also make lovely, excellent quality towels.

cheers--Sharon

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 11:40:38 AM
Author: Ann
Kohl''s Royal Velvet, I just looked to see which one I buy.
But only when they are on sale or 1/2 price. Honestly, they are as
soft and absorbent as the Neimans and Horchow ones I like. And if
they are not in the store, they might have them online, just know
your colors.

I hate those slick cheap kitchen towels, talk about pushing water around!

ann, which kitchen towels do you recommend? i need to buy some of those
5.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 12:29:49 PM
Author: Mara
okay i have to say that i really HATE HATE HATE when towels just smear the water around and don''t absorb. what kind of towels are those?!?!! i have gotten a few towels like that and am always like whaaa?!?

miranda i have had great luck with the PB towels so far, i have a few different sets and we used some striped ones in the master bedroom for a year or two. they are really soft, fluffy and absorb well. i also have heard good things about RH as well and want to try them but just never get around to them. but i also really like the mikkimoto ones from CB too, cheaper than PB or RH and really fluffy and soft, but you have to like the pattern they come in at any given time of the year, they don''t do solids really, if i recall correctly.

Sometimes too much softener does that to the towels...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results