shape
carat
color
clarity

What brand of towels do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 8:33:17 PM
Author: jcrow
Date: 4/29/2007 11:40:38 AM

Author: Ann

Kohl''s Royal Velvet, I just looked to see which one I buy.

But only when they are on sale or 1/2 price. Honestly, they are as

soft and absorbent as the Neimans and Horchow ones I like. And if

they are not in the store, they might have them online, just know

your colors.

I hate those slick cheap kitchen towels, talk about pushing water around!

ann, which kitchen towels do you recommend? i need to buy some of those
5.gif

Jcrow - I don''t have a particular brand - but I can''t stand those towels that have a design on the front (plain back) it''s almost like an oil painting on the front! I see them all the time at Target, Wal-Mart, BBB, Steinmart..
I do buy those plain white bar towels to clean and dust with,they work fine for that.
But I do splurge and buy some matching kitchen towels every now and again. I just make sure they feel absorbent and look tough. I agree with DF, fabric softener can make you think you are getting a nice towel, but the first time it''s laundried, then it''s not so nice. Same thing applies to sheets.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought Turkish Bath Sheets from Costco (the in store ones not online ones) and they are FABULOUS. No shrinkage. Thick and SO luxurious!

Their regular Martex ones stink though.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

I am with you. We LOVE the towels from Costco. They are wonderful.
30.gif

Linda

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Mine from Costco too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Costco is my first stop for most things. It''s absolutely no risk shopping. Their return policy is the best and they really stand by their products. We''re buying a couple more of their new Turkish ones this week. I''ve now had them for a month and they have not shrunk or anything. They are SUPER thirsty too. Glad I''m not the only one!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've also been looking for new towels, went to BBB and found "MicroCotton" towels. Anyone have any experience with these? It is quite soft but I'm not sure about their durability.

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 6:47:48 PM
Author: Gypsy
I just bought Turkish Bath Sheets from Costco (the in store ones not online ones) and they are FABULOUS. No shrinkage. Thick and SO luxurious!

Their regular Martex ones stink though.

Gypsy, do you know that Costco online has a sale on turkish bath sheets (up to $8.00 off)?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. I wasn't aware of that. THANK YOU... I'm going to have to avail myself of some more of these. They are still holding up beautifully BTW.

I am reconsidering my 'all white towel' rule though. During the move I purged 99% of our towels and wanted to stick with only white from here on out... but. First, it's a little boring. And second... I feel like I have to wash them every time I use them. Strange. And I have to bleach them...they look dingey otherwise.

What do you think -- ivory? Or should I go hog wild and get aqua?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11140419&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 11:40:38 AM
Author: Ann
Kohl''s Royal Velvet, I just looked to see which one I buy.
But only when they are on sale or 1/2 price. Honestly, they are as
soft and absorbent as the Neimans and Horchow ones I like. And if
they are not in the store, they might have them online, just know
your colors.

I hate those slick cheap kitchen towels, talk about pushing water around!

I know this thread is really old, but I was in search of towels and, of course, searched Pricescope for recommendations. I haven''t made it out to Kohl''s to check them out myself, but based on the recommendations in this thread I just ordered some Royal Velvet towels online. Just thought I would spread the word that they are on super sale right now. Washcloths are $3.50, hand towels for $4.90, bath towels for $5.99, and bath sheets for $15.75. Plus the shipping is free if you spend over $75. I figure if we don''t like them or the color or whatever, I haven''t wasted anything but a trip to Kohl''s to return them. Happy towel shopping!
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Turtledazzle!! I was looking for an excuse to go shopping.
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
The Hotel Collection towels from Macys are great. We also love Calvin Klein towels, but the ones we have are not as thick as the hotel collection ones.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are these Egyptian cotton towels I love, that do not leave loads of lint in the dtyer, that are plush so that they are absorbent and feel soft, but the loops are not too loopy and easily pulled (sometimes a towel can be too plush and not absorb well, the water seems to slip off of them if that makes sense) ...but I cannot recall the brand. I got them at a lovely linen store near me. I want to say Sferra Brothers but I am not sure that is right.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite towels right now, are from Bed Bath and Beyond . Suite Collection , bath ensembles, Micro Cotton. Can''t say enough about them, soft, absorbent. Wash and dry very well.
emwink.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I buy the real hotel towels at Sams. What I mean is they are 8 to a pack and white. Not the "she she" hotel collection beauties others write about. They are boring. They are mundane. They economical and I don't feel bad about replacing them as often as I want. Big and fluffy when new. Get a tad deflated after my care.

I saw this segment on bath towels and the yuck that is on them after laundry. I decided after that, that my towels would be bleached/mega hot water on each load...and that was that. They say people toss towels in with other* laundry such as undies etc. Sticky wicket here. You actually polute your fibers with * and then grab a clean towel...that isn't there.

Hubby has this towel requisite. It has to be scritchy. Has to scrub the water off. You know how beautiful and inviting velour is...all it does is smear the water around. His towel has to have bite. I bought everything available even bought him an egyptian bath towel that was $150. We found that the scritch he is looking for is actually polyester
32.gif
in a blend of cotton. That is what hotel chains use (not hotel she she collection). They hold up better and longer. And you can bleach the heck out of them and get rid of the yuck. I just bought a front loader that offers an extra hot
29.gif
white wash. I nuke those babies! The other THEY say it is the heat of the water...so I give em every thing I've got. Replace when I want.

Oh this segment reminded you never to wash kitchen towels with any bath towels or clothing. As a young pup I just threw towels with towels. Oh I envy those of you with beautiful towels. Mine have to be scritchy.
39.gif
Can I come over?

DKS

decoding hotel collection from hotel towels:
hotel collection is a she she luxurious extravagant yummy towel...you may encounter at a hotel that offers a doorman, bell hop, and possibly a mint on your pillow.

My hotel towels as made for the hotels that offer free coffee at Dennys, a bed with a coin slot, and maybe a variety of attractive insects on your pillow.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
We just bought a huge supply of towels from Costco. We bought the sagey colored ones, and the color is doing GREAT, no fading, and the towels are absolutely divine and wrap completely around ur body. GREAT towels!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the thought of big fluffy towels but in reality, I don''t find that they work as well as regular ones. Those suckers can be heavy! I hate really thin towels too. And ones that don''t even dry you off, they just wipe water everywhere - they drive me nuts!

I think we''ll probably register for new towels, so we can use the ones we have now for the time being. And after reading DKS'' post, they''ll probably be white so we can bleach them and they''ll still be good. Thanks for the words of advice DKS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results