shape
carat
color
clarity

What band to pair with my radiant engagement ring???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantlady

Rough_Rock
Trade

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble deciding what to pair with my engagement ring! My hubby-to-be let me design it and now I'm stuck on the wedding ring. I'd like something delicate but substantial enough to wear on alone. I like the look of eternity bands and pave. I thought about a pave eternity band but was worried it might just blend in with the other ring. Any thoughts on an eternity band with small radiants? I'm not sure if I should go round or square-ish since the engagement ring has both.

One challenge/consideration I have is that the outer pave edges are angled. I don't know how much of an issue this creates when deciding what can be put next to it.

Your suggestions/pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

radiantladypic.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, thats lovely...who did the work for you??? I think you need 2 (1 for each side) small eternity bands or small pave bands.
That would be pretty...

radiantlady

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you! It was a friend of a friend that deals in diamonds here in Dallas. I''d give his info out but I don''t want to look like I''m on here to plug him and get booted. I have toyed with the idea of doing one on both sides. That''s what I''m leaning towards if it''s not going to end up scratching the e-ring.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice ring!!!
I would say that some scratching is inevitable- unless you have the rings soldered together.
It''s a slight dilemma when a person''s engagement ring has side details- as the wedding band will hide them....

But I for one, do not believe the wedding band needs to match the engagement ring.

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!
How about wearing a wedding band - any style that you really like - on your other hand as you have a built-in trio already of engagement/wedding/eternity in one. That way, you would avoid the problem of hiding the lovely diamonds on the sides as well as scratching.

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 5:22:28 PM
Author: Indira-London
Your ring is beautiful!
How about wearing a wedding band - any style that you really like - on your other hand as you have a built-in trio already of engagement/wedding/eternity in one. That way, you would avoid the problem of hiding the lovely diamonds on the sides as well as scratching.
I agree. That was my first thought after seeing the way the sides from the base ring...and by the way, it is a beautiful ring!

Kat

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 5:14:51 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
But I for one, do not believe the wedding band needs to match the engagement ring.
Me neither! But then that''s probably evident by my wedding set
3.gif

I think your ring would look great with an engraved band (or two, for each side). You have a lot of workable options, though, really!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''d leave it alone! I think it stands alone beautifully!

Alternately, I think the 2 thin bands on either side would be lovely.
1.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 5:09:10 PM
Author: radiantlady
Thank you! It was a friend of a friend that deals in diamonds here in Dallas. I'd give his info out but I don't want to look like I'm on here to plug him and get booted. I have toyed with the idea of doing one on both sides. That's what I'm leaning towards if it's not going to end up scratching the e-ring.
Unless you work for the person, I don't think you will get booted for giving out his info. On the contrary, this site is to inform others of good experiences with vendors so that we feel good about using them. Besides, I live in Dallas and would like to know who made your fabulous ring! I need some more custom work done........

BTW, I think your radiant is gorgeous!

radiantlady

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks for all of the input!

TyTy333 and NeverEndingUpgrade:

His contact info is [email protected]. Please tell him that Kira sent you and suggest that he start a referral program. LOL.

I think I''m going to get a band to wear on my right hand. I''m just too paranoid about it damaging the e-ring. I''m right-handed - do you think an pave eternity band would hold up okay? I work in an office and and lead what my fiance likes to call a "rester" lifestyle. I''m also considering using ceylon sapphires in lieu of diamonds...

IMG_1466_edited.jpg

radiantlady

Rough_Rock
Trade
These aren''t the best pictures but I thought some of you might want to see the rest of it.

IMG_1470_edited.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, the side views are just lovely (you dont want to hide them). I think a right had band is probably your
best bet so pick out something purty!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I agree that, since you already have a three-band look going on your left hand, you should go for something in whatever style suits your fancy to put on your right hand. Maybe a five-stone band? (Just a random suggestion, of course!) Those look so pretty on their own.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice ring! I like it by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results