shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your top 5 favorite pieces in your collection

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I know we all have favorites of each others, but it might be fun to list our favorite pieces in our collection!

I'll go first, and in no particular order

My Scattered Tin Cup
fullsizerender-72.jpg
20 inches, YG with a mix match of various metallic freshwater pearls <3

Baroque Tahitian Peacocks
fullsizerender_16.jpg

The "Tornado"
grannystorsade.jpg
4 strand torsade, nick named the tornado because my computer kept autocorrecting torsade to tornado.
My Grandmothers golden akoyas (and the original clasp) with a strand of multi colored freshwater pearls and 2 strands of akoya keshis.

Big Papa and Lil Dude
fullsizerender_71.jpg

Faux Tahitian Harvest Style Set
111myharveststrand.jpg

runners up!
fullsizerender-128.jpg
fullsizerender_1_32.jpg
fullsizerender_3_10.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic idea for a thread, ckrickett!! I will definitely contribute but will have to take some pictures first. Kind of hard to choose 5, isn't it :think:

I love your 5, btw! And the runners up, too!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I'll have to wait until I get home to post photos. It's going to be hard to pick my top 5, because I have more than 5, haha.

You answered my question I just posted on the other forum.
I asked why it was called a tornado instead of a torsade.
And yes, I thought it might be because Autocorrect (damn its pesky little hide) always changes torsade to tornado.
However, tornado kind of makes sense. It's a twisted storm of pearls!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1455715496|3992016 said:
I'll have to wait until I get home to post photos. It's going to be hard to pick my top 5, because I have more than 5, haha.

You answered my question I just posted on the other forum.
I asked why it was called a tornado instead of a torsade.
And yes, I thought it might be because Autocorrect (damn its pesky little hide) always changes torsade to tornado.
However, tornado kind of makes sense. It's a twisted storm of pearls!

when I was talking with Hisano about creating the piece it ACed to tornado and she was like "Tornado?" lol.
It is a mini tornado!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
In no particular order:

All the ropes and pearl drops.

img_0406.jpg

Dog collar and more pearl drops.

img_0474.jpg

All the blues.

img_0468.jpg

The Swan.

img_0300.jpg

Nana's pearls and more drops.

img_0373_0.jpg

Runners up:

Reborn pearls, i.e. my summer pearls.

img_2176.jpg

Druzy Judy Jetson necklace.

img_2059.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Love those blues and the swan! They are all so lovely!!!!!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Some of my favorites

_2055.jpeg

_2056.jpeg

_2057.jpeg

_2058.jpeg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
And some more...

_2059.jpeg

_2060.jpeg

_2061.jpeg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Lovely confection!!! I especially adore your horned strand! the colors are amazing. They look like something Catherine Cardellini would carry.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if I have photos on this computer of my top 5, but here goes. In no particular order (because I honestly can't pick a favourite):

1. My AP 7.5 - 8mm AAA Akoya strand

against_white_background.jpg

_36507.jpg

on_neck.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2. Pure Pearls multicolour Tahitian strand (which I am wearing today as a matter of fact):

indirect_0.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3. PP White Tahitian and Multi-grey Tahitian strand from the August 2014 Tahitian sale:

neck_and_2.jpg

multis_close_up.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4. My triple white strand from American Pearl. These are not the best pictures, but I love this strand.

box_0.jpg

box_photo.jpg

neck_shot_40.jpg

close_up_clasp_2.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5. This is a tricky one, since it's the only spot left. I think because of how often I wear these, it would be a tie between my American Pearl huggie Tahitian earrings and my Birks triple rope.

AP Huggie Earrings (wearing these today!):

Birks Rope:

ear_shot_ap_0.jpg

triple_neck_4.jpg

neck_shot_quad.jpg

fullsizerender__003_.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honorable mentions would be:

My PP oval strand, PP blue-green baroque strand, AP grey strand, and of course, Spudnik and the Forbidden Pendant.

I don't have a good neck shots of some of these. Here's my oval strand:

My blue-green baroque strand:

My AP grey strand:

Spudnik and The Forbidden Pendant:

What can I say? Last year I was in a frenzy. This year I am making myself be a little more restrained.

by_window.jpg

oval_strand_diffuse_direct_light_0.jpg

neck_shot_41.jpg

pendant_and_ring_0.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous CMD!!!
I rarely see pearls from American Pearl but when I do I am always impressed, they are always so beautiful! I love the first strand, its so classic and lustrous!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014 :

Do you remember what the length and mm size is on your triple?

I love how it lays on your neck.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bweaves,

They are AP's "high grade" 7.5-8mm freshwater pearls with a silver overtone and a WG clasp, strung at 18,19,and 20 inches. American Pearl did a nice job of nesting them, as they lay perfectly without a gap when they are worn. They are a stock item at AP in all sorts of lengths and sizes, and they will happily string to custom lengths if you email them and ask (they'll add the lengths you want to the drop down menu for purchasing).

I have to admit that I save these ones and my akoya strand for special occasions. They make me feel so fancy!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I wish this forum had a "like" button. There are some gorgeous pieces!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I had a hard time figuring this one out! Here it is, with the caveat that my top five favorites are subject to change daily:

wmp.jpg
The newest favorite- 48 inch 6-7mm(?) white metallic rope, custom order from PP. They're AAA but off-round up close since the metallics are more rare. They look round when worn.

10mm(?) wildly metallic ripply candy studs from Pearls of Joy. These were not very expensive compared to the rest of my pearl pieces but are one of my favorites. They're the pair on the left, although the 11mm(?) pair on the right that I got at the same time is a close runner up. All the question marks are because I don't remember the exact mm sizes.
poj_metallic_earrings1.jpg

poj_metallic_earrings5.jpg

poj_metallic_earrings4.jpg

These Tahitian drops (10-11mm) from PP in the blossom setting are the pearl piece I currently wear the most. I like them so much that I've ordered another pair with white metallic drops, too:
blossom_tahitians-1.png

tahitian_earrings_005.jpg

tahitian_earrings_on_1.jpg

The lavender rope below from PP has to be in the running too. I just love that color. It's another custom order 48 inch rope, 7-8mm(?), AA+ from their "pearls by the inch" section. They were described as not dark or light but "medium." I had a choice of more blue or more pink and picked pink. I love being able to see my pearls when I wear them.
new_haul_1.jpg

Last but not least, my giant 16.5mm golden south sea pearl ring from The Pearl Society, setting from PP. A SS golden pearl was on my wish list the longest so I was thrilled to find this deal. It likes to go out at night and looks delicious in restaurant lighting. I usually wear it with two thin diamond bands.
3_rings.jpg

3_rings_4.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have always been a fan of your collection SeaUrchin, But that GSSP ring takes my breathe away!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I see your blossom setting earrings I'm reminded of how much I love them. The drops look absolutely perfect in that setting and fantastic on you.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
This is a great thread ladies, thanks for the pretty photos.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread! I'm loving all your favourite pearl pieces!

My collection is pretty tiny but luckily I love all my pearls, here are my top 5!

1. Mikimoto akoyas - 7.5mm. My very first pearls and a gift from my mum. Love them!

2. PoJ 9-10m metallics. I love the size, lustre and beautiful overtones of these. I actually think the lustre on these are sharper than my akoyas.

3. PoJ AAA lavender freshwater studs. LOVE the darker body and blue overtones on these!

4. PP 50" oval/drop rope. I can't remember but I think the pearls are 6-6.5mm. I like to wear this doubled or knotted.

5. PoJ metallic fireball. The colours are spectacular and I love the shape!

Also wanted to share my 18ct gold shell pendant from Paspaley Pearls. Not exactly a pearl but I love it! It was an engagement gift from my sister.

The studs have to be my favourites. I alternate between the 3 pairs and pretty much wear pearl studs every day. Here are some pics!

_1000.png

_1001.png

_1002.png

_1003.png

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
The rope and pendants! I really should wear all of these more often. I get lazy with my jewellery!

_1004.png

_1005.png

_1006.png

_1007.png

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Last pics :wavey:

_1008.png

_1009.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results