shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your pronouns?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My name is Nala and my pronouns are she/ her.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicky
she her here too
i really can't get my head around it but im happy to call others by what ever they feel most comfortable with

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m old and easily confused so I just use names so as not to inadvertently offend anyone.
I get why people might not want to be “ he or she” or might have been a “he but now identifies as she” or vice versa but how people wear hair or clothes or makeup or not can make it difficult to guess / assume so I don’t. I ask their name and use that.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going with "it." :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She/her/hers

My cat is the same.

My dog is an It/it/its now!

DK :))

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She/her/hers

My cat is the same.

My dog is an It/it/its now!

DK :))

LOL, I didn't think of that implication of "it"!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m also old. I would have a hard time getting it right. I would use their name. I would apologize beforehand because I would most likely mess up. I wish there were separate new pronouns so if someone says they I wouldn’t think it was more than one person. Someone on here used a different pronoun and people thought they were referring to more than one person. I picked it up right away for some reason. It will take time to be able to use the pronouns fluently without thinking about it.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all. this thread is intended for pricescopers. What are YOUR pronouns? If you don’t care to define them, scroll past this thread bc it’s not a social commentary or a joke. It’s a sincere question for future reference.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She/her

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She/her/hers

I have to admit that I am a creature of habit. My son has a lot of friends who have chosen they/them/their and sometimes I find myself referring to them as “she” or “he.” I’m a work in progress.

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
I prefer "it."

It puts the lotion on...

If not, I prefer "him/her" to "they."

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
While I identify as a female gender, I've had many more past lives as male than female. So, that's always a part of me.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
She/her

I don’t really care how you address me, just don’t call me by my last name! It is my pet peeve. I have a married last name that is a popular girl’s name, and it drives me crazy when people call me by my last name. I would never have that problem if I kept my maiden name.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She/Her/Hers.

It is very important we get this right. It is a sign of respect. Validating and valuing who people are. It is a privilege if one doesn't have to worry about this. So try getting it right. It's not that hard. If you are not sure ask politely or err on the side of caution and use gender neutral terms.

IMO.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
She/Her/Hers.

It is very important we get this right. It is a sign of respect. Validating and valuing who people are. It is a privilege if one doesn't have to worry about this. So try getting it right. It's not that hard. If you are not sure ask politely or err on the side of caution and use gender neutral terms.

IMO.

Well put @ Missy. My youngest went from she/her to they/them and now he/his. A few of his friends have also gone through this process in the past couple of years, and my kiddo always stresses the importance of getting their pronouns right. I’m still struggling, but my kiddo’s therapist said that part of what they are working on is also for him to show grace to those who still occasionally mess up. We were not born in the same era, and people WILL mess up.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I tend to think along the lines of gender irrelevant. I present masculine and he/him is fine with me. I don't hold any attachment to it, though.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She/her.

What I don't like is being out with only women and having people call us "you guys".

I realize usage of "guys" has changed, but I'm not a fan.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
She/her

I don’t really care how you address me, just don’t call me by my last name! It is my pet peeve. I have a married last name that is a popular girl’s name, and it drives me crazy when people call me by my last name. I would never have that problem if I kept my maiden name.

I have the same issue. Even clients I have worked with for years will occasionally call me by my last name.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well put @ Missy. My youngest went from she/her to they/them and now he/his. A few of his friends have also gone through this process in the past couple of years, and my kiddo always stresses the importance of getting their pronouns right. I’m still struggling, but my kiddo’s therapist said that part of what they are working on is also for him to show grace to those who still occasionally mess up. We were not born in the same era, and people WILL mess up.

And it’s ok to mess up. If we mess up we apologize and we do better. We’re only human. Messing up is expected and we do better when we know better. ❤️

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The discussion regarding gender dysphoria was deleted (too controversial? did it get heated? was the topic offensive to some?) in any case, if we can't discuss the root cause of the need for identifying pronouns then why are we discussing which we prefer? The subject is a subset of the larger apparently verboten topic.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Matata, I think someone probably called it a political thread, since I mentioned Florida and Texas laws with some commentary. I am re-thinking how to express it. I really want to understand what my mind does not understand.

Annette

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She/Her/Hers/Whatever (as long as it isn't done out of disrespectful intent)

I understand that it is important to some and try to honor/respect it-- but honestly, it can be a challenge unless the person is someone you know well or have it in their profile/signature.

My friends and I recently had a discussion about this. We are all older (mid 50's and up) - so change is hard sometimes.

One of my friend's daughter gets upset when she uses "she" for certain classmates who associate with "they". ,Although my friend is fluent in English-it's her second language, it's ingrained in her that "they" is a plural world - she struggles using it for an individual.

After reading, that "you guys" is no longer acceptable and "you people" is the replacement. After decades of using "you guys", to me "you people" sounds condescending. So I catch myself often saying "You guys...um, and girls". Everyone just laughs at me and say's I need to learn to just say "Y'all"

I try not to assume gender of anyone on a board unless it they make it clear. I spent years on a Springsteen board as a bootleg trader who everyone assumed was a male :lol:. It amused more than bothered me.

Regarding names - something I am not good with to begin with - yet my pet peeve is use of nicknames when the individual does not. I try to remember how people sign their emails and introduce themselves....but too common I see people calling them by abbreviated versions. If people can't call people by their preferred name, how do we expect them to remember gender affiliation?

I think it's fine to identify with your preferred gender preference, but if I make a mistake please understand that it is not with intent.

Last edited:

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I’m she / her. Which, helpfully for me, also corresponds with the number of X chromosomes I possess.

No issue with people living according to the gender they choose / as gender neutral. I do however think a number of celebs, teens and general attention seeking idiots are choosing “they” pronouns just to jump on the latest faddy bandwagon - so they can get outraged when people “misgender” them. Which is frankly insulting to people who genuinely suffer from gender dysphoria. *cough*samsmithdemilovato*cough*

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
After reading, that "you guys" is no longer acceptable and "you people" is the replacement. After decades of using "you guys", to me "you people" sounds condescending. So I catch myself often saying "You guys...um, and girls". Everyone just laughs at me and say's I need to learn to just say "Y'all"

Oof. "You people" is racially charged. I would never use that phrase.

This may be particular to my corner of the US or generational but I would never.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She/her but in NY it's often "hey you" or at work when people don't know my name "Miss. Teacher".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results