shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your opinions on this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
1.50 cts, vs2, F
Round Brilliant
7.27-7.22 x 4.42
Depth- 61.0
Width- 61
Crown Height 13 %
Pavillion Depth- 43 %
Girdle, Slightly Thick, Faceted

Polish- Good
Symmetry- Very Good
Cutlet- None
No Fluorescence

Price $13,700

Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen it?

Which lab?

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I have seen it and loved it. The report is from E.G.L. The diamond is from a local jewler. When I first went the price was $15,500 then they dropped it to $14,800 and then called again with a new drop!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, personally, wouldn't buy. Not a good deal for me.

Here's my reasoning:
EGL report-drops the price level by one color grade.
Non-ideal cut- table is on the large side, spread is poor, g/vg for sym and polish drops the price level by one clarity grade.

Considering that branded hearts and arrows at PS prices are usually priced about one color or clarity grade higher than a regular ideal cut, http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-210358.htm# this stone at 12K would be much better deal for me.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
what would you consider a good deal

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
similarly graded stones are 8-12K on PS search. probably averaging around 9-10K.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/22/2007 6:01:29 PM
Author: DiamondSeeker7
what would you consider a good deal
If you love the Diamond you saw..., by all means get it, It is probably a beautiful Diamond.

What JulieN is trying to relate to you is...

There is a chance you are getting a round Diamond cut more precise for maximum performance at a better value than the one you saw...

There are chances that the EGL F-VS2 you saw would be graded G-SI1 by the AGS or GIA...

So in this case JulieN is right... it would be a good deal!!!

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if I am not searching correctly, but the cheapest price I came up with when I searched this was 12,500 and that is for a diamond with flourescence and I don''t believe the cut is as good. I should also mention that on the bottom of the report under comments is say "Premium cut". The proportions of this diamond are within the tolerance of those of the Premum Cut, thus achieving a harmonious balance between proportions and the display of brilliance.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
Everyone on this site has so much knowledge! I am so glad I found it! I think that I am getting too much information- that no diamond will ever be the "perfect" one!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please, do take in consideration..., there is no "the perfect one" Diamond...
The best advice for you is...., In rounds you have to make a rather simple decision...

Either you want an Ideal cut Diamond (and the information on Ideal/AGS0/GIA ex-ex is tremendous here on PS!!!)

Or you want to go for a Good or very-good cut rounds, they too are very beautiful Diamonds!!!!

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I noticed that the EGL report doesn''t categorize Cuts the same way GIA does. The EGL report says that it is a "Premium Cut" and win I put the numbers into HCA it came back

Light Return Very Good
Fire Very Good
Scintillation Very Good
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good

I would assume that is an Very Good cut then, or ideal or excellent?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At most, a GIA VG.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
What would you consider a good price on this diamond?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are trying to say that you can get a better cut diamond for a similar amount. This diamond is not excellent or ideal cut. A well-cut 1.4 ct. diamond should face up at about 7.4 mm in diameter. This diamond will appear more like a 1.3 to 1.4 ct. diamond. So I wouldn't buy it unless it dropped in price considerably.

(ETA: the diamond Julie linked is very nice, and it has a diameter of over 7.4mm)

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I am wondering where you get the diameter from. Is it from the first number in the measurement? If so I am noticing that most Excellent cut 1.50 are about 7.30. Wouldnt a 1.50 that is 7.40 be too shallow of a cut? I know that is not good.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it''s the average of the first two numbers.

7.4 is fine.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
What do you think would be a fair price for this diamond?

ezwinner701

Rough_Rock
DiamondSeeker7, have you done some research on PS yet? i''m fairly new and julieN is correct. the one she suggested from whiteflash blows the one you are considering away. the EGL is a ''soft'' grading company and nothing compared to an AGS new reporting styule report. i would suggest you to spend a few days to read up on the following.

AGS
EGL
IDEAL CUT
GIA Triple Ex

Date: 2/23/2007 9:23:25 PM
What do you think would be a fair price for this diamond?

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I have been doing my research for over six months and have aquired quite a bit of knowledge. Now I am looking for others opinions. Also, I don't want to purchase a G colored diamond. I know people say you can't tell the difference, maybe the eye can't, but the mind can!

ezwinner701

Rough_Rock
There''s no problem in wanting an F color because it falls in the colorless scale, but what others are trying to say is because of EGL''s softness in grading, there is a CHANCE that your F stone might be a G stone when graded by AGS or GIA. But it seems like your mind is already set on that stone. If that is the chance, buy it and enjoy it! :)

Date: 2/24/2007 9:55:28 AM
I have been doing my research for over six months and have aquired quite a bit of knowledge. Now I am looking for others opinions. Also, I don''t want to purchase a G colored diamond. I know people say you can''t tell the difference, maybe the eye can''t, but the mind can!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results