shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your jewelry alteration plans? (repairs, sizing, upgrades, setting or other changes)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Mine are wanting to make something totally different with these two rings of my mom's. I just don't know exactly how to redesign, and also when I think that it might cost as much as buying new pieces with new stones etc. So they just sit for now.

One is what I thought was a zircon but now I think it might be a green tourmaline. It looks too much like an engagement ring, and it sits up really high. For some reason the up high look just makes it seem old fashioned to me:

IMG_0115.jpg IMG_0114.jpg

And then there is this pink sapphire that's just kind of out there lol. It's really heavy and has a ton of gold; I'd love to do something with it. THey both have sentimental value to me so I wouldn't want to sell them.

IMG_0117.jpg IMG_0116.jpg

FOr the blue green one I thought of a simple bezel and use the side diamonds for the band. For the pink I though maybe something like this:

iap_640x640.2270839644_6g7vomt7.jpg

But again I don't know how much it would cost to do it!

Mine are wanting to make something totally different with these two rings of my mom's. I just don't know exactly how to redesign, and also when I think that it might cost as much as buying new pieces with new stones etc. So they just sit for now.

One is what I thought was a zircon but now I think it might be a green tourmaline. It looks too much like an engagement ring, and it sits up really high. For some reason the up high look just makes it seem old fashioned to me:

IMG_0115.jpg IMG_0114.jpg

And then there is this pink sapphire that's just kind of out there lol. It's really heavy and has a ton of gold; I'd love to do something with it. THey both have sentimental value to me so I wouldn't want to sell them.

IMG_0117.jpg IMG_0116.jpg

FOr the blue green one I thought of a simple bezel and use the side diamonds for the band. For the pink I though maybe something like this:

iap_640x640.2270839644_6g7vomt7.jpg

But again I don't know how much it would cost to do it!

Ooo. I see the green stone in a pendant with the diamond melees as sides or in a DBTY necklace.

Then the pink sapphire ring can be remade into a 3-stone ring like your inspo pic. AND the side stones can be reset into a matching band!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ooo. I see the green stone in a pendant with the diamond melees as sides or in a DBTY necklace.

Then the pink sapphire ring can be remade into a 3-stone ring like your inspo pic. AND the side stones can be reset into a matching band!

I didn’t even think of creating a separate band for the little stones! Great idea!

I can’t figure out what dbty necklace means. I search it but the pics don’t look alike?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Being an OCD person (specifically jewelry concerned), there are so many alternations/settings to be done but like @AllAboardTheBlingTrain said, I have to prioritize......

1) my 3-stone pink sapphire ring with 2 heart shaped diamonds - the sides are set too high, not sure if this issue can be corrected or an entire new setting will be needed? :confused:

2) not a fan of rose cut, hence the paraiba ring in my avatar - can’t decide what to do with them if I reset it with MRB halo?
I have another ruby ring in similar setting :mad:

3) two white SS pearls (extras from a necklace) to be set into dangling earrings. Idea needed & wise not to spend too much as they aren’t of very high quality.

Would love to see this ring with heart shaped diamonds !!!

@Mreader

I was thinking of something like this where there's a pendant at the center and some diamonds on the chain. But IDK if the melee would work.

r2629d.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results