shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your Favorite Regional Foods??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are your favorite foods that you can only get where you are or in the part of the country you live in???? Or food products?? Or foods you love and wish they sold them were you live.
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Biscochitos, they are the NM state cookie and oh sooooo yummy! They are kind of like a butter cookie with anise sugar and cinnamon found during Christmas.

Tortillas, yum, many of the restaurants here serve them with your food and for dessert sopapillas.
3.gif

There use to be a soda that was local (I think) called Blue Sky and I use to like that but some national company bought it and it doesn't taste the same to me.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Acme, San Francisco French Bread. I could eat a whole loaf of that dang bread. With real butter. Hubby loves going to Fisherman''s Wharf, in SF and having their Clam Chowder.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 2:51:31 PM
Author: Linda W
Acme, San Francisco French Bread. I could eat a whole loaf of that dang bread. With real butter. Hubby loves going to Fisherman''s Wharf, in SF and having their Clam Chowder.
Oh YUM, I love clam chowder with french and sour dough bread. I found the website and it looks delicious http://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com/acme_bread_company.php Now I am craving bread with butter
3.gif

I love in st. Louis they have custard; I never had it before but it is soooo delicious Ted Drewes http://www.teddrewes.com/Drewes.asp

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the fresh seafood that we have in New England. I can''t really think of any regional foods that we can only find here. Can other New Englanders help me out? I''m drawing a blank. I just asked my husband this question and he said chili. He was born here in NE too, but he should have been born in the south. He loves chili and BBQ, and he wishes he could find some true southern food up here.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Skippy you would post that link ha ha ha. Now I am hungry for it. Gypsy buys that bread too. We have to drive to the S.F. to buy it and they also sell it at some grocery stores too, but no tin our area.

DH LOVES custard. My grandma made the best.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe: I bet you have wonderful Clam Chowder where you are
9.gif
and crab cakes???

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love an Irish Fry. Best way to beat a hangover and it always cures everything! Also love the seafood around Kerry.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bee, what is an Irish Fry??????

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Irn Bru in a glass bottle

Haggis, neeps n tatties

really good organic Scottish smoked salmon

good scottish tablet

foods that I love are Spanish onions and tomatoes, they taste of sunshine, something sadly lacking in this country.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Tex-Mex. There are ''Mexican'' restaurants in - say - Illinois. That isn''t Tex-Mex. It''s the Midwestern version of what they think Mexican food is. I blame Taco Bell for this.
3.gif

We have the franchise chains, mostly meh; and then the hole-in-the-wall authentic places that have customers lined up around the block. That''s where you want to eat Tex-Mex. No salsa from a jar there.

I could move perhaps to Arizona or New Mexico where they have their version of ''Southwestern Cuisine'', which is influenced by both Mexican and Native American dishes. But I doubt I could ever seriously consider leaving the Southwest. I need my pico de gallo. DH has dubbed me "The Salsa Queen".

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
BBQ pork steaks!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Green chile. Red Chile.

Green chile stew. Posole.

You and your biscochitos Skippy...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Okinawan sweet potatoes, in Hawaii... and chicken long rice... and kahlua pig... and lomi salmon... and malasadas... and shave ice...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hawaii...............

California''s lame, IMO. No good foods of note here, it''s all fusion from other places.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Philly Cheesesteaks!!! Yum!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
We have great local beer here in PDX. I'm also told our Tillamook cheese and ice cream are fantastic.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 3:58:04 PM
Author: EBree
We have great local beer here in PDX. I''m also told our Tillamook cheese and ice cream are fantastic.

Ebree, we LOVE your Tillamook Cheese.
18.gif
That is our favorite in our house hold
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 3:54:57 PM
Author: soocool
Philly Cheesesteaks!!! Yum!!
YES!!! And how about the Philly soft pretzel....

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Pork barbecue sandwiches and sweet tea, with baked beans and hush puppies on the side. That''s the perfect brunch after a crazy night out. Or the perfect lunch on a hot summer day.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
corn on the cob

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 3:54:44 PM
Author: musey
I love Okinawan sweet potatoes, in Hawaii... and chicken long rice... and kahlua pig... and lomi salmon... and malasadas... and shave ice...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hawaii...............

California''s lame, IMO. No good foods of note here, it''s all fusion from other places.
Lol. Thats ok, you have Napa. So CA is forgiven for not having a particular cuisine because they make up for it with wine!

31.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I love our boudain, boudain balls, boiled crawfish, and real Mexican food made with REAL lard lol.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
pementos de Padrón (Peppers from Padron Spain,) i can''t find them anywhere here and you can only get them in the summer, fall months in spain. They''re addicting. One of the best things I''ve ever ate.

brooklyn pizza.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
breakfast burritos and fish tacos.

Gullfoss

Rough_Rock
Po'' boys and fried dill pickles.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Bagels.

There are things all across the US that are called bagels, but they just...aren''t.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Seafood. I grew up in New England, and now I live in the midwest, so as far as I''m concerned there is NO good seafood here. Littlenecks and oysters on the half shell. And steamers with butter. Lobsters, haddock, and real fried clams with bellies.

I miss the Portuguese food even though I''m not Portuguese. Linguica and chourico and Portuguese sweet bread.

Also, I''m partial to Fluffernutters and a good coffee milk..
2.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 5:56:48 PM
Author: basil
Seafood. I grew up in New England, and now I live in the midwest, so as far as I''m concerned there is NO good seafood here. Littlenecks and oysters on the half shell. And steamers with butter. Lobsters, haddock, and real fried clams with bellies.

I miss the Portuguese food even though I''m not Portuguese. Linguica and chourico and Portuguese sweet bread.

Also, I''m partial to Fluffernutters and a good coffee milk..
2.gif

haha I just can''t bring myself to eat fluff on a sandwich. My friend''s step-mom goes crazy over them though when we go to NH! The haddock *IS* amazing too.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
My all time favourite is a combination of food and location - home away from home. A breakfast of Poori Masala with cococnut chutney served in the tiny Mandapam at the Bright in Kerala. The waiter tiptoeing across the stepping stones balancing a tray with your breakfast, the fish swimming around your feet and the birds chattering away in the trees and the smell woodsmoke from the kitchens of the nearby houses drifting across the compound and the relative quiet. It''s a delicious combination.

DSC01486.jpg

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
ANYTHING portillo''s!!! So good- the bueno beef (or maybe buena?) is AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results