shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Still in the CC strand today....tripled!

-2_zpse99234ff.jpg

-2_zps2d6661ab.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! So versatile. Looks truly lovely on you.

Blossy

Rough_Rock
Today I'm wearing my white freshadama leverbacks, and I'm trialling joining my strand and bracelet to make a 24.5" necklace.

Not sure how I feel about the visible clasps though.

null_zps5bc7183c.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Blossy -- the set is GORGEOUS!!! The visible clasps would bug me, personally. My ridiculously long rope with three clasps has worked well because when I wear the entire strand, I put them on separately (then knot or twist multiple times around neck) so each strand's clasp is positioned behind my neck. I very much like the overall length on you, though. Maybe the next necklace can be a 26".

Blossy

Rough_Rock
It's only proving to be a minor annoyance at this stage - would look better without the clasps but its giving me some flexibility of wear.

I'm waiting on what I am assuming is a simple dyed freshwater pendant (eBay cheapy, it claims its GSS but I'm not that naive!) and next up is a toss up between a Tahitian baroque strand or a rope of some sort... Much saving needed first though!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I did not even notice the visible clasps until you pointed it out. I think the length draws your eyes away from them. It looks good!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Tahitian tripled today (I have no Tahitian earrings -- uh oh!):

tahitians_tripled.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1370948708|3463288 said:
Tahitian tripled today (I have no Tahitian earrings -- uh oh!):

You are killing me with this rope. It is DIVINE. It looks amazing on you.
And you know....come to think of it....I have no Tahitian earrings EITHER. Tragedy!
Today is a Tahitian day for me as well.

-3_zps4d3879c2.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
bsomlo -- I love that look! The pearls look stunning on you.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Love those Tahitian strands :))

Here's me today just home from work: 16 inch 8-8.5mm metallics from PP with 8.5mm round freshwater studs from Dillard's.

today_3.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Taylor -- we have mutual love for each other's (and our own) Tahitian strands!

mynattk -- you are the picture of youthful feminine beauty; what a lovely classic look!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
wow, thanks bsomlo! You just made my day :bigsmile:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
45" multi-colored AAA 6.5 - 7 mm rope from PP with pink button stud earrings (not shown):

45_inch_multi-colored_rope.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Looking as lovely as ever I see. LOVE the dress, love the pearls!

I'm doing a torsade of akoyas because you inspired me yesterday! I'm afraid mine isn't as impressive as yours, but let's be honest....what is?

Photoon2013-06-12at07442_zps34a51424.jpg

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, nice rope bsomlo. I love a beautiful multicolor strand! I bet the colors stand out even more in person. It looks great the way you have it knotted and it goes nicely with that pink dress.

mrs. taylor, those akoyas are so shiny! I love it! What length is that? Did you use a clasp or a ribbon in the back?

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
mynattk|1371068150|3464459 said:
Ooh, nice rope bsomlo. I love a beautiful multicolor strand! I bet the colors stand out even more in person. It looks great the way you have it knotted and it goes nicely with that pink dress.

mrs. taylor, those akoyas are so shiny! I love it! What length is that? Did you use a clasp or a ribbon in the back?

I did exactly what bsolmo did (she was my inspiration after all!)
It's a 36 inch strand. I folded it in half, unclasped. I twisted it and then fed one part through the loop and clasped it so it anchored to itself.
It's a bit short-fits like a 15 inch but it's different. It's the first time I have worn one like this.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Great idea, it looks fabulous!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Taylor -- that looks really lovely! LitGeek on this forum did warn me to be very careful with akoya pearls since they only have a thin layer of nacre (THANK YOU FOR THAT ADVICE, I SO APPRECIATE IT LITGEEK!). Jeremy at PP says knotting CFW and my baroque Tahitians is totally fine. I don't know if knotting akoyas is harder on them than twisting them -- but I wanted to pass on what I was told.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1371072400|3464509 said:
Mrs. Taylor -- that looks really lovely! LitGeek on this forum did warn me to be very careful with akoya pearls since they only have a thin layer of nacre (THANK YOU FOR THAT ADVICE, I SO APPRECIATE IT LITGEEK!). Jeremy at PP says knotting CFW and my baroque Tahitians is totally fine. I don't know if knotting akoyas is harder on them than twisting them -- but I wanted to pass on what I was told.

yeah, it's not the wisest idea, but I've already beat these to hell. I've worn them to death so all bets are off at this point!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tahitian strand with PP's April special metallic drops. I know we had a bit of discussion of matching strands and earrings but I'm not big on matching and think these just "go" together.

tahitian_drops.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Taylor -- Well, in that case, I don't have to feel guilty saying it's a really lovely look. There is something very festive to my eye about these torsades/twisted strands. And I like that short length. It makes the necklace so versatile!

baby monster -- are you kidding? Hell yeah those go together! Gorgeous! I am still SO ANNOYED with myself that I missed those drops by like 5 minutes. Seriously and literally.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Those drops rock my world. Amazing. Those Tahitians ain't bad either! :naughty:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks bsomlo and mrs.taylor. That April special was very special. On PP's blog, they said it was their fastest sale ever - everything sold in couple of hours. I do love the drops, the settings are super comfy and the pearls themselves are spectacular. They have a blue overtone to them which goes well with blue overtone of tahitians.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
It was a black and white day for me today, unusual since I prefer to wear colors. Anyhow, I dug out my white freshwater keshi strand from Kojima that I knotted myself several years ago. I have added a few pearls from a different strand to bring it to 20". I paired the necklace with 7 mm AAA white akoya studs from PP and I'm good to go.

pearls_5072.jpg

longp30899__1_large.jpg

pearlnecklace_1995.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'll say you're good to go! Nice little flash of color with the torquoise clasp!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1371086128|3464658 said:
I'll say you're good to go! Nice little flash of color with the torquoise clasp!
Thanks, bsomlo. I guess I can't keep color away completely! I picked up a number of sterling clasps from various vendors and keep them on hand should the stringing urge ever happen to strike again. I find myself picking ones with colored gemstones, since I think that they are pretty and fun.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1371073725|3464537 said:
Tahitian strand with PP's April special metallic drops. I know we had a bit of discussion of matching strands and earrings but I'm not big on matching and think these just "go" together.

I think they look amazing together! I have kicked myself many times for hesitating and missing out of those metallic drops :Up_to_something: Happy to see that you were able to snag a pair :twirl: And your tahitians are out of this world beautiful!!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Wow fly girl I love your keshis from Kojima :appl: :appl: I have so many of her pieces on my wishlist :naughty:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fw rope

img_20130613_145319.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, tell us about it! Is this one of PP special ropes made for this month, or another kind of rope?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results