shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
So I don't know if I should post this here, but I thought I must.

My MIL got me a most appropriate brooch. She managed to combine all my loves, Art, Pearls, Dinosaurs, Cats, And handmade artisan jewelry into one special gift. A VERY unique brooch by Yuca Pasch

fullsizerender-43_0.jpg

I know the pearls are faux (although I don't know if she knew that) which is why I wasn't sure if I should post this here. But meh, why not.

I also tried taking a picture of it on, but I couldn't get a decent one so I took it off.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Ckrickett, Dinosaur in pearls? :bigsmile: that is cute!

katkashmir, your earrings look ethnic with lots of character. I like that tin-cup Tahitian/SS strand, especially that pistachio pearl on the right.

My pearls today are from Kojima's recent sales. Inexpensive very lustrous peacock Tahitians ( so long you do not look at the back of the pearls). Set them in simple shephard hook earrings. Sorry, the overtones do not show very well though.

20141229_155836-1.jpg

20141229_160215.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well the front of the pearls looks fabulous ! Wonderful luster ! Very pretty colour! :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread!

bsomlo - Your metallics are just stunning! They're luster is tdf.

Fly Girl - I too was shopping for a Kamoka pearl for my charm bracelet and saw that one, almost bought it! I'm still window shopping now!

katkashmir - You have some beauties from Kojima (great job by your DH!)!

ckrickett - Faux pearls or not - it's cute!

YC - Lovely Tahtian drops, with a simple setting that can go anywhere!

I wore pearls a few times over the holidays and will post pictures later this week. Now for New Years...

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YC, beautiful Tahitian earrings. I love the luster! Reminds me that I really need more Tahitian earrings.

Today I wore my single strand of blue baroque akoya from PP.

ppakoyabluecashm.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, blue pearls on blue cashmere- lovely, Babynurse!

YC- I especially like those earrings with your hair color.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I really love your double blue akoya necklace, but this single is just gorgeous, too! It looks almost lavender with all those rose overtones.

Enjoy and wear in health!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, seaurchin and bsomlo!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Very Pretty study in Blue, Baby Nurse :) :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, CRDkeshi, hello to you too :wavey: !

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Baby nurse, very pretty combo. I love blue akoyas too. They are my "no-brainer" pearls. When I am undecided about which strand to wear, my hand invariably reaches for them.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
So lovely and elegant! Wonderful pics pearl ladies.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I'm not in the habit of taking pics of stuff I wear daily, but I was in a fitting room when the beautiful colors caught my eye and I just had to. Made me wish that all fitting rooms have such great lighting for pearls! It's like standing in a lightbox.

image_2805.jpg

image_2804.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I covet that bracelet icey!

Some fitting rooms make jewelry sparkle! I love the fitting rooms in Anthro because they seem to make my diamonds sparkle and my cellulite disappear.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy jade, the luster and overtones are fantastic on those pearls. What a great idea to make a charm bracelet. I wish I'd done the same!

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
YC|1419847054|3809019 said:

katkashmir, your earrings look ethnic with lots of character. I like that tin-cup Tahitian/SS strand, especially that pistachio pearl on the right.

My pearls today are from Kojima's recent sales. Inexpensive very lustrous peacock Tahitians ( so long you do not look at the back of the pearls). Set them in simple shephard hook earrings. Sorry, the overtones do not show very well though.
YC - The cool tin-cup are 9 pearls that Celeste from Kamoka had put together... I bought them from her and decided to put them together in a tin cup till I figure out what I really want to do with them.

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
Icy Jade - your bracelet is just mind boggling! I love it! :twirl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pirard, Baby Nurse & Katkashmir: thank you! ::)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Amazing Bracelet Icy Jade!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Simple Layers today, Mixed Inexpensive Freshwater in various shapes and colors, wire wrapped in SS

fullsizerender-44.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
POJ multi-color metallic drops with PP peach/pink metallic and citrine drop earrings:

drop_strand.jpg

earring_7.jpg

earring_8.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Wore WSS earrings with silver-blue overtones, 11mm, pearls from indoseapearls, earrings from PP.

20150103_150216-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Katkashmir, the tincup necklace looks great as it is.
Ckrickett, did you wire wrap those pearls yourself? Looks like many hours of hard work....
Bsomio, can't go wrong with metallic luster and drop shaped pearls!
Icy jade, wow....that luster and overtones on those pearls are amazing.
I like taking photos of my pearls in the lift of my apartment block. Somehow, the lighting brings out the overtones and the presence of mirrors in the interior makes taking a selfie easier.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today I tried something new. I usually wear my tin cup alone, but thought the colors of the blue akoyas would play well with the tin cup.

fullsizerender-45.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
YC|1420272916|3811237 said:
Ckrickett, did you wire wrap those pearls yourself? Looks like many hours of hard work....

Yes I did, I am trying to get proficient at wire wrapping for upcoming projects!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett -- it looks like pearls floating under your akoya!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Ckrickett, that's a particularly pretty look :)

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
YC, that Blossom setting is so pretty, and with those lovely pearls ... gorgeous!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
katkashmir|1420160745|3810650 said:
YC|1419847054|3809019 said:

YC - The cool tin-cup are 9 pearls that Celeste from Kamoka had put together... I bought them from her and decided to put them together in a tin cup till I figure out what I really want to do with them.

It's a gorgeous tin cup, Katkashmir -- great idea to be able to enjoy the pearls while you decide on a permanent project for them (although maybe you'll just keep the tin cup). What are the small beads strung in between the pearls?

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
It's a gorgeous tin cup, Katkashmir -- great idea to be able to enjoy the pearls while you decide on a permanent project for them (although maybe you'll just keep the tin cup). What are the small beads strung in between the pearls?[/quote]

Kay

The beads are just some cheap base metal bead I had laying around for a bead weaving project for my son. I put it together to see if I wanted to spend more money on something similar... but better metal. I do that a lot. I get tired of stuff and want something different so things get restyled.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results