shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new Ceylon sapphire ring…my first sapphire center and halo ring. Wasn’t sure if I liked halos for myself (I’ve admired everyone else’s) but I’m loving this! It’s like a nice frame for the CS.
D3FDC885-9675-4E43-81E5-A0C9848AB48E.jpeg
DE10468C-4347-447E-898A-458F49AA251D.jpeg
8716CDCB-7C07-428A-BC63-A1CA78BF1666.jpeg

What a gorgeous bright blue! :kiss2::kiss2: The color is stunning and it looks absolutely perfect in that halo setting.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Fall in love each and every time.

Thank you!

By the way, do you wear your oval tsav and emerald cut emerald rings together? Both rings look well made and would love to see them side by side!

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

By the way, do you wear your oval tsav and emerald cut emerald rings together? Both rings look well made and would love to see them side by side!

Thank you:) I have not wore those two together yet, I will try to take a photo when I get home today

SapphireBomb

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Channeling my inner magpie.

0467.jpg

@Neptune i don’t want to thread-Jack but I’m wondering if there is a thread with your entire ring collection?
I ask because I’m trying to curate my own collection and find I’m continually attracted to similar style rings when my ultimate goal is to own at least one stellar example of each main colored gemstone, a few classic antiques and a few diamonds in different cuts.
Basically I’m asking if you buy what attracts you or if you deliberately curate a collection and where are you in your journey because from the little I’ve seen, it’s SPECTACULAR!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, @SapphireBomb

I've learned so much from this community (hello, tone/saturation & treatments!) and enjoy the educational journey still. I am not a collector, just a simple jewelry wear/lover.

HARD yes to "buy what attracts you".
Only choose colours & buy pieces that I wear.
New CS HAS to stand out from the old gang, otherwise, it's not staying.
Still somewhat anti-halo, haha!

I got these Kwiat twins over a decade ago, before I got bit by the CS bugs. I adore the craftsmanship. I now know that they aren't the best looking ruby and sapphire but I still love them. Not sure if this is considered a journey...

You're from the estate jewelry trade, right? Must be hard to stay away from temptation, or you have seen enough that you're way better to spot what you like-dislike?

9621.jpg

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

It’s a cloudy day but here’s them together. It feels that side by side the blue and yellow in each is more pronounced.
D1578C81-1DAB-4650-A9A8-8F5AE76F1874.jpeg

And can you tell I like wearing green? XD
F7162B01-D047-4906-B6D9-D66D4F7C6699.jpeg

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
It’s a cloudy day but here’s them together. It feels that side by side the blue and yellow in each is more pronounced.

Oh mine, such fun!!
Yep, emerald for me all the way!
Your fingers are beautiful btw.

SapphireBomb

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you, @SapphireBomb

I've learned so much from this community (hello, tone/saturation & treatments!) and enjoy the educational journey still. I am not a collector, just a simple jewelry wear/lover.

HARD yes to "buy what attracts you".
Only choose colours & buy pieces that I wear.
New CS HAS to stand out from the old gang, otherwise, it's not staying.
Still somewhat anti-halo, haha!

I got these Kwiat twins over a decade ago, before I got bit by the CS bugs. I adore the craftsmanship. I now know that they aren't the best looking ruby and sapphire but I still love them. Not sure if this is considered a journey...

You're from the estate jewelry trade, right? Must be hard to stay away from temptation, or you have seen enough that you're way better to spot what you like-dislike?

9621.jpg

Yes, I am in the estate and antique jewelry world and the more I learn, the more I recognize what I want to know.
I hope that makes sense…it’s a never-ending fascinating journey.
Yet as much as I know…and it takes a lot to turn my head at this juncture… I still struggle with my own “collection”.
Temptation is an everyday reality but at least it has significantly narrowed in scope.
Your pieces are beautiful and I hope you enjoy them.
We recognize that we are, as Elizabeth Taylor famously quipped, merely their temporary caretakers!

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Oh mine, such fun!!
Yep, emerald for me all the way!
Your fingers are beautiful btw.

Definitely a reason that emerald is the king of green gems, really glad I got one. (Also love the glow with good jade, whereas with green sapphires the magic for me is in their subtlety and wide range of colors)
Thanks for the compliment!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock

I love your green collection. I especially love the unique and elegant designs. Yes, emeralds are special - tsavorites have the sparkle but emeralds they have the magic glow.

I am also a green lover (L-R tsav, tsav, demantoid, sapphire / emerald, emerald, tsav): As ususal, the photo does no justice to the emeralds.
GreenRings.jpg

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I love your green collection. I especially love the unique and elegant designs. Yes, emeralds are special - tsavorites have the sparkle but emeralds they have the magic glow.

I am also a green lover (L-R tsav, tsav, demantoid, sapphire / emerald, emerald, tsav): As ususal, the photo does no justice to the emeralds.
GreenRings.jpg

Hey hi hello!

Timor

Shiny_Rock

GreenRings.jpg

Oh my love your collection too! Thanks for sharing. I am a big fan of bezels and solid gold. The emerald-emerald is wow. And can you share more about the second ring on the left? Is it little sidestones or gold beads tucked between the shank?

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Wearing my tsavorite that was set into an existing setting which used to house a pear diamond.
IMG_3564.jpeg

Beautiful ring! And I wonder about the diamond that was previously in the setting. It must've been a big sparkle bomb:o

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my love your collection too! Thanks for sharing. I am a big fan of bezels and solid gold. The emerald-emerald is wow. And can you share more about the second ring on the left? Is it little sidestones or gold beads tucked between the shank?

This one? They are little yellow sapphires. The design is a case of making a virtue of necessity. How do you set a sparkly but small demantoid in a way that's suitable for a man's ring?

Timor

Shiny_Rock
This one? They are little yellow sapphires. The design is a case of making a virtue of necessity. How do you set a sparkly but small demantoid in a way that's suitable for a man's ring?
Demantoid.jpg

This is so cool! Do you mind if I potentially use this idea in a future project?

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
This is so cool! Do you mind if I potentially use this idea in a future project?

Thank you! Feel free. Copy or modify it any way you like.

This was the inspiration. It was taken from a website and has a very stylish designer look (more so than my version) - so best not to copy it directly.
Trilliant.jpg

Last edited:

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Feel free. Copy or modify it any way you like.

This was the inspiration. It was taken from a website and has a very stylish designer look (more so than my version) - so best not to copy it directly.
Trilliant.jpg

Thank you, and thanks for sharing the original inspiration as well. Very stylish indeed (both versions)!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
A quick snap as I just walked out of the jewellery store with it and it’s evening and I’m already losing the light. I’ll take more photos tomorrow but for now I just wanted to share. ::)

21618CC2-93A7-4183-9636-F7CA4297A5BB.jpeg

ETA: another quick one
D80F91D8-FE6E-467E-A9E1-EAD54226EC66.jpeg

Last edited:

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I am in the estate and antique jewelry world and the more I learn, the more I recognize what I want to know.
I hope that makes sense…it’s a never-ending fascinating journey.
Yet as much as I know…and it takes a lot to turn my head at this juncture… I still struggle with my own “collection”.
Temptation is an everyday reality but at least it has significantly narrowed in scope.
Your pieces are beautiful and I hope you enjoy them.
We recognize that we are, as Elizabeth Taylor famously quipped, merely their temporary caretakers!

Caretaker is the word.

To be honest, I don't really care for the idea of building a "collection", maybe I'm too casual? As long as I like them and enjoy wearing them, I'm golden.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results