shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Star gazer

Shiny_Rock

@Neptune No I've had this ring for 15 plus years! We went to the jeweller who had made my original wedding set, looking for a completely different style than this. But walked out with this haha! I'm glad I did

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
So glad to see your goodies. I often wonder why haven't you been showing them off. I know you've got a boat load of them, haha.

Been taking care of my mother, giving sister a break. Back home now!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh boy! One ring was ready today and I’m rocking it at Happy Hour. Such a treasure! Unheated Burma Ruby found on a road trip that needed to be sized for my paws. 1DFB3C5C-420A-4B10-B3E6-B318DAE5B2A7.jpeg

Attachments

• 3FBD74EA-135C-470D-A453-8F0E43710E9E.jpeg
    3FBD74EA-135C-470D-A453-8F0E43710E9E.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 13

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy! One ring was ready today and I’m rocking it at Happy Hour. Such a treasure! Unheated Burma Ruby found on a road trip that needed to be sized for my paws. 1DFB3C5C-420A-4B10-B3E6-B318DAE5B2A7.jpeg

Is the setting kind of 3Dish?

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
In the months since I’ve been on PS, I bought a lab sapphire fringe Finewater Gems but in their Tamarack style And had DK set it in platinum with side traps in bezels.

F25AF282-DE19-4F52-ABC4-05DEBF2CD1FE.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
:lol: :love:

I was wearing my lab ruby when I saw that thread. I smush myself onto your pedestal :lol:

Ha… erm, what does that mean?

—————
Ok just realized that the light in the car makes one ruby look pinkish. Why? Is it the solar film?

So one more time since I have them out… (and am bored while waiting for my kids classes to start)

Natural shaded light
22BBE129-0CC4-453C-998E-FC9DDF824A07.jpeg

Under the sun 69854D71-4037-4FDA-A88D-A0DE358E5295.jpeg

Ah the sacrifices I make to take such photos… I typically DO NOT go under the sun :P2:lol-2:

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Ok just realized that the light in the car makes one ruby look pinkish. Why? Is it the solar film?
That's an interesting question. Did it look like that, or is it just how it photographed?

The skin tones differ between the photos, as you can see in the crops below. I have adjusted the images on the right to make the skin tones match better. (Is that reasonable? Skin really does change colour in different environments. What is truth? Never mind... I'm always impessed at how good PSers are at reading the true colour of stones from what appear to be inadequate photos.) Also, the shade can't have been all that shady, because there's a clear shadow.

RubyMixA.jpg

Adjusted or not, the car photo makes the stone look more pinky-purply and the sun photo shows the straightest red.

The only ruby I have is a so-so quality star ruby. Its colour shifts a bit, from purplish red in open shade to clean red in incandescent light. You would expect this sort of colour shift from the hole-in-middle spectrum of ruby: http://www.gemlab.co.uk/Ruby.html
I suspect (without knowing anything about the solar film on your car) that's what's happening with your stone.

And yes, it's a fabulous stone and setting.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
That's an interesting question. Did it look like that, or is it just how it photographed?

Just how it was photographed. It still looked red red (ie vivid red in lab terms) in the car to my eye. That was why I was wondering why it looked pinkish in the car photo.

I'm always impessed at how good PSers are at reading the true colour of stones from what appear to be inadequate photos.

Me too!!

And thanks for the color adjustment! Did you use a nifty program or manually adjusted?

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Just how it was photographed. It still looked red red (ie vivid red in lab terms) in the car to my eye. That was why I was wondering why it looked pinkish in the car photo.
That's interesting. The colour doesn't shift much to your eyes but shifts a lot in the photos. I have no explanation beyond the usual generality that cameras see colour differently from our eyes. Which is true, but doesn't help.

And thanks for the color adjustment! Did you use a nifty program or manually adjusted?
Manual adjustment in Photoshop Elements.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Why do I not know that you have a HEART diamond?????

Haha u sound like @yssie re: my pearls.

Because I don’t post everything I buy… but now you know ;)2
Think it looks a bit like your ruby heart, what do you think? Centre is fancy yellow and approx 1.5ct. Halo approx 1ctw.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha u sound like @yssie re: my pearls.

Because I don’t post everything I buy… but now you know ;)2
Think it looks a bit like your ruby heart, what do you think? Centre is fancy yellow and approx 1.5ct. Halo approx 1ctw.

Haha yes that was my first impression! I was all: oh wow that's so much like my ruby heart.... But yellow!

Enjoy!!!! Love a heart with a healthy sized halo!!! Would love more close up shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results