shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

It's a sapphire I got from Finewatergems. It's much lighter than what most prefer and straddles purple and blue on most days. :)

It's beautiful. I love that color. I have a pair of faceted moonstones that I'm thinking a sapphire like yours would look perfect with them! But that's a project for later until I replenish my gem fund lol.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
On a whim I bought a cute little inexpensive, sapphire sugar loaf cab. I didn't want to spend a whole lot on setting it, so tried my hand at it with my tools and a setting from Ebay. Think it turned out ok! Wearing it today at home.

20210212_102752.jpg 20210212_103244.jpg

On a whim I bought a cute little inexpensive, sapphire sugar loaf cab. I didn't want to spend a whole lot on setting it, so tried my hand at it with my tools and a setting from Ebay. Think it turned out ok! Wearing it today at home.

Wow, did you set that yourself? I see rings of this quality being sold on Etsy and Instagram. Yours can definitely stand up to those. Fabulous job!

Happy lunar new year!
Moonstone and garnet pendant and red spinel ring. Also golden south sea and akoya pearl necklace

E23E105B-476D-4E30-A4FB-C6192A1658E5.jpeg 1339A5A3-2E0F-4CB5-9FB1-43D406DD42A8.jpeg

Love the blouse. Love the accessories. Your whole look, just love it.

And note to self: buy a red gem before winter of next year so I have something festive to wear for Xmas and CNY...

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Wow, did you set that yourself? I see rings of this quality being sold on Etsy and Instagram. Yours can definitely stand up to those. Fabulous job!

I did, thank you! The stone was a bit small for the setting since it was a nonstandard size, I opted to use a little dab of glue at the bottom just to make it more secure before putting the prongs down.

MarzannaBurns

Rough_Rock

Amazing! I actually really like settings of that style but I have the hardest time finding ones that aren't plated brass or similar. Would you mind if I asked the shop you got the setting from?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pendant is amazing! Is there a thread on it?

Thanks! It means a lot to me since both gems are from a lapidary that has passed away but who was the sweetest man and who was one of my earliest introductions to colored gems.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade In addition to loving your necklace, I adore your sweater! I love the combination. Any chance I could ask where you got the sweater from?

It’s actually from amazon but it looks like the listing is no longer valid. I imagine you can find very similar styles under “cowl neck tunic”. I am lazy and order alclothes on amazon that’s cheap and convenient and then wear them forever. I think I’ve had this for 5 years now.

It’s actually from amazon but it looks like the listing is no longer valid. I imagine you can find very similar styles under “cowl neck tunic”. I am lazy and order alclothes on amazon that’s cheap and convenient and then wear them forever. I think I’ve had this for 5 years now.

Sorry to derail, MTG, but do you shop on "regular" Amazon or Amazon Wardrobe or whatever it's called? Cuz last time I considered giving Amazon Wardrobe a chance, a tunic cost like, $80. I'm cheap and shop mostly at TJ Maxx, etc. so that seemed really high to me.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to derail, MTG, but do you shop on "regular" Amazon or Amazon Wardrobe or whatever it's called? Cuz last time I considered giving Amazon Wardrobe a chance, a tunic cost like, $80. I'm cheap and shop mostly at TJ Maxx, etc. so that seemed really high to me.

Just normal amazon. Plenty of sub $25 dresses!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Amazing! I actually really like settings of that style but I have the hardest time finding ones that aren't plated brass or similar. Would you mind if I asked the shop you got the setting from?

It's from qfmarket on Ebay. I was actually quite surprised at the quality. It was inexpensive but very well made. They ship from Tel Aviv and took a couple weeks to arrive.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Happy lunar new year!
Moonstone and garnet pendant and red spinel ring. Also golden south sea and akoya pearl necklace

E23E105B-476D-4E30-A4FB-C6192A1658E5.jpeg 813391

Also wanted to chime in and say that this is a fabulous look. I love how the pearl bracelet goes with the pearl necklace, and how the garnet custom necklace peeks out from just underneath the cowl.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ever fancied a gem in the same yellow color as that of the road markings...?

IMG_4670w.jpg

I have yellows (citrines, a sphene, a yellow sapphire) but nothing as intense as that road stripe. And yes, I would fancy one!

F83412B3-166C-4F10-A0D1-593048D220C4.jpeg

I saw this gorgeous stone on IG a while back though (already sold) and that probably comes closest to that shade.

Also, I’m jealous of your thumb. Mine looks corseted if I put a ring on it. You really could rock a gemstone ring on every finger.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone ever fancied a gem in the same yellow color as that of the road markings...?

IMG_4670w.jpg

Not sure it’s remotely your thing but a big pendant of yellow amber might recreate some of that yolky goodness

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results