Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
It's a sapphire I got from Finewatergems. It's much lighter than what most prefer and straddles purple and blue on most days. :)

It's beautiful. I love that color. I have a pair of faceted moonstones that I'm thinking a sapphire like yours would look perfect with them! But that's a project for later until I replenish my gem fund lol.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
On a whim I bought a cute little inexpensive, sapphire sugar loaf cab. I didn't want to spend a whole lot on setting it, so tried my hand at it with my tools and a setting from Ebay. Think it turned out ok! Wearing it today at home.

20210212_102752.jpg 20210212_103244.jpg

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
On a whim I bought a cute little inexpensive, sapphire sugar loaf cab. I didn't want to spend a whole lot on setting it, so tried my hand at it with my tools and a setting from Ebay. Think it turned out ok! Wearing it today at home.

Wow, did you set that yourself? I see rings of this quality being sold on Etsy and Instagram. Yours can definitely stand up to those. Fabulous job!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Wow, did you set that yourself? I see rings of this quality being sold on Etsy and Instagram. Yours can definitely stand up to those. Fabulous job!

I did, thank you! The stone was a bit small for the setting since it was a nonstandard size, I opted to use a little dab of glue at the bottom just to make it more secure before putting the prongs down.

MarzannaBurns

Rough_Rock

Amazing! I actually really like settings of that style but I have the hardest time finding ones that aren't plated brass or similar. Would you mind if I asked the shop you got the setting from?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pendant is amazing! Is there a thread on it?

Thanks! It means a lot to me since both gems are from a lapidary that has passed away but who was the sweetest man and who was one of my earliest introductions to colored gems.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade In addition to loving your necklace, I adore your sweater! I love the combination. Any chance I could ask where you got the sweater from?

It’s actually from amazon but it looks like the listing is no longer valid. I imagine you can find very similar styles under “cowl neck tunic”. I am lazy and order alclothes on amazon that’s cheap and convenient and then wear them forever. I think I’ve had this for 5 years now.

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
It’s actually from amazon but it looks like the listing is no longer valid. I imagine you can find very similar styles under “cowl neck tunic”. I am lazy and order alclothes on amazon that’s cheap and convenient and then wear them forever. I think I’ve had this for 5 years now.

Sorry to derail, MTG, but do you shop on "regular" Amazon or Amazon Wardrobe or whatever it's called? Cuz last time I considered giving Amazon Wardrobe a chance, a tunic cost like, $80. I'm cheap and shop mostly at TJ Maxx, etc. so that seemed really high to me.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Amazing! I actually really like settings of that style but I have the hardest time finding ones that aren't plated brass or similar. Would you mind if I asked the shop you got the setting from?

It's from qfmarket on Ebay. I was actually quite surprised at the quality. It was inexpensive but very well made. They ship from Tel Aviv and took a couple weeks to arrive.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Happy lunar new year!
Moonstone and garnet pendant and red spinel ring. Also golden south sea and akoya pearl necklace

E23E105B-476D-4E30-A4FB-C6192A1658E5.jpeg 813391

Also wanted to chime in and say that this is a fabulous look. I love how the pearl bracelet goes with the pearl necklace, and how the garnet custom necklace peeks out from just underneath the cowl.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ever fancied a gem in the same yellow color as that of the road markings...?

IMG_4670w.jpg

I have yellows (citrines, a sphene, a yellow sapphire) but nothing as intense as that road stripe. And yes, I would fancy one!

F83412B3-166C-4F10-A0D1-593048D220C4.jpeg

I saw this gorgeous stone on IG a while back though (already sold) and that probably comes closest to that shade.

Also, I’m jealous of your thumb. Mine looks corseted if I put a ring on it. You really could rock a gemstone ring on every finger.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone ever fancied a gem in the same yellow color as that of the road markings...?

IMG_4670w.jpg

Not sure it’s remotely your thing but a big pendant of yellow amber might recreate some of that yolky goodness

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    Soapy Love
    Soapy Love

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.