shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing a bracelet that I inherited from my mother-in law. She got it from her mother-in-law in the 70s. I think the bracelet is probably from the 50s but I'm not sure. It's 14k gold with about 25 diamonds going all the way around and a cabochon sapphire in the clasp, handmade and weighs an absolute ton. I love it with navy blue. There is a hallmark inside that I would love to figure out. Anyone know a good resource for that?

IMG-7519.jpg
What a cool bracelet! I also love it with the navy blue. I bet it looks fantastic with a blazer and that you can see it’s strong forms from afar.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big color shift tourmaline from Dana. It shifts from pink/purple to bright peach. Please ignore the potted plant dirt on my fingers. I was checking my outdoor baskets.

IMG_6673.jpg

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Untitled.jpg

Bored at work.
Spinel with diamond sides ring. It's not my favorite but it's one of my most worn since it's about the only ring I wear to work.

I adore this!! :drool:

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I am wearing my yellow sapphire with diamond sides, all emerald cut along with my new to me blue sapphire ballerina ring from @Horsegirl76 & my eternity band, all in platinum.

D11EB498-C96D-4F76-9446-27FE9C862650.jpeg

Attachments

• 0BD96547-DF0C-42D6-8A15-00F542F3B46F.jpeg
    0BD96547-DF0C-42D6-8A15-00F542F3B46F.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 23
H

Horsegirl76

Looks gorgeous on you!!!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@prs I would love your opinion on your DW's rubies. In these photos, they look purple. In real life, can the purple be seen?

I sometimes think the camera picks up more purple or pink in rubies.

Thank you for your thoughts.

And those are lovely lovely!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@prs I would love your opinion on your DW's rubies. In these photos, they look purple. In real life, can the purple be seen?

The camera probably picked up more purple/pink because of DW's top :lol-2:

Still a gorgeous color imo even if pinkish or purplish

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi ChaiK, hope you are well and staying safe! Yes, for this particular pendant the camera does pick up more purple than is visible to the naked eye. This tends to happen more in bright daylight, and not so much in the shade or in the evening when the lights are on. There is a very slight purple modifier in the stones, so under the right conditions the camera picks it up and magnifies it.

DW wore it again last night and this photo, taken indoors around sunset, better shows the true color.

6.40ctw Ruby Pendant 6.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
That’s so beautiful, @prs

Reactions: prs

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
@prs Your wife certainly has an impressive collection and I love to see her pieces! :kiss2: Would you be willing to share her whole collection in one thread rather than piecemeal?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prs Your wife certainly has an impressive collection and I love to see her pieces! :kiss2: Would you be willing to share her whole collection in one thread rather than piecemeal?

I'd first have to get permission from SWMBO who can sometimes be a rather reluctant model. :mrgreen2:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
20200731_160351.jpg
It is my blue gemstone ring week. My blue sapphire ring above and my Paraiba ring (photographed in the early am sun) below. The gemstones look best when the sunlight strikes the gemstones on their sides. 20200731_160543.jpg

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
Today I'm wearing a bracelet that I inherited from my mother-in law. She got it from her mother-in-law in the 70s. I think the bracelet is probably from the 50s but I'm not sure. It's 14k gold with about 25 diamonds going all the way around and a cabochon sapphire in the clasp, handmade and weighs an absolute ton. I love it with navy blue. There is a hallmark inside that I would love to figure out. Anyone know a good resource for that?

IMG-7519.jpg

Answering your question about the hallmark - if it's a full British hallmark, then this is an incredible resource:

It's a hallmark 'wizard' where you add the information bit by bit and it spits out the age and details at the end. Sooooooooo much easier than trying to work your way through hundreds of tables! Unfortunately I have no idea whether there is anything similar for the other countries with intricate hallmarking systems (Russia, France, etc). Hope this might help!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YC I am not a fan of blue normally but that colour on your sapphire is gorgeous! It actually has a glow to it like the Paraiba! Beautiful!!!!!!

Reactions: YC

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear my jade bangle daily, it never comes off. My grandmother gave it to me ages ago in Hong Kong. Sometimes it's green, sometimes it's blue...I thought I would try to see what it looks like at night with a flash. Interesting.... IMG_20200731_224704.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
My honeybee likes finding a flower to be near. IMG_20200802_105215.jpg IMG_20200802_105504.jpg

That honey bee is adorable, I've never seen that one before. I love the pairing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results