shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @MMtwo. This strand feels like it's weensy. :D It’s 8-10mm and really is lovely. When he first saw it, my hubby immediately commented that it looked green and ”burgundy”.

<3 men. That is such truth. He sees the overtones. It appears to be a lovely round shape.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In an interesting turn of events ....here i was thinking im just not into pearl bracelets but i really wanted to admite the lovelly lavender in my new necklase that came from the very lovelly and generouse @Lisa Loves Shiny

However i am too clumsy so its probably a one off look
20210213_155803.jpg

I think it looks lovely on your wrist and a great idea to have fun with your pearls.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
<3 men. That is such truth. He sees the overtones. It appears to be a lovely round shape.

@MMtwo Yes, this strand is round; it's got high lustre and delicious overtones! A definite chameleon.

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Wearing keshi pendant on some ancient Rice Krispie pearls along with purple pecan earrings. Also wearing Pat McGrath “Fuchsia Perfect” blitz trance lipstick cuz I love sparkle LOL 324E166C-E1F9-428C-8003-03DA723C1E1E.jpeg

Your keshi pendant is divine!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing keshi pendant on some ancient Rice Krispie pearls along with purple pecan earrings. Also wearing Pat McGrath “Fuchsia Perfect” blitz trance lipstick cuz I love sparkle LOL 324E166C-E1F9-428C-8003-03DA723C1E1E.jpeg

Super cool pendant. The colors are so vibrant and the luster is so stunning. Great statement piece all around

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue Tahitians, 8-10mm and very glow-y. They can glow like “miracle” beads. :bigsmile:

FC194D2E-9668-4AFC-942C-2D09EB6CBC86.jpeg
The best word to describe this gorgeous strand is "luscious."

I love this look so much! Not only strikingly beautiful, but it really exemplifies how Chinese FW pearl shapes started, and where we are at today.

Today- I am wearing a Tahitian strand that I re-worked today. I added one baroque pearl onto the strand to make the graduation a bit more harmonious.

IMG_8193.jpg IMG_8172.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best word to describe this gorgeous strand is "luscious."

I love this look so much! Not only strikingly beautiful, but it really exemplifies how Chinese FW pearl shapes started, and where we are at today.

Today- I am wearing a Tahitian strand that I re-worked today. I added one baroque pearl onto the strand to make the graduation a bit more harmonious.

IMG_8193.jpg IMG_8172.jpg

This necklace is so gorgeous!
Are you using silicone bumpers? Or are those knots?
I am restringing some pearls, and I'm not sure if I like the bumpers or not. I have not seen any firsthand.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This necklace is so gorgeous!
Are you using silicone bumpers? Or are those knots?
I am restringing some pearls, and I'm not sure if I like the bumpers or not. I have not seen any firsthand.

Thank you Stracci2000! This strand is a combo. The first eight pearls on each side are knotted, and the rest of the strand has bead bumpers. I love bead bumpers and have 3 strands with them. The issue I run into is that they can be hard to find in the silver color I like. I think they look very good with pearls and I like that I run less risk in getting a knot stuck in a pearl when I take apart a strand to rework it.

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Stracci2000! This strand is a combo. The first eight pearls on each side are knotted, and the rest of the strand has bead bumpers. I love bead bumpers and have 3 strands with them. The issue I run into is that they can be hard to find in the silver color I like. I think they look very good with pearls and I like that I run less risk in getting a knot stuck in a pearl when take apart a strand to rework it.

Thanks for the info on the bumpers.
I find it challenging to find the right cord thickness to get the right size knot.
I guess I have to buy all the sizes of string that I can find, take it all home, and experiment.
It is hard to tell, while standing in the craft store, what size is correct.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info on the bumpers.
I find it challenging to find the right cord thickness to get the right size knot.
I guess I have to buy all the sizes of string that I can find, take it all home, and experiment.
It is hard to tell, while standing in the craft store, what size is correct.

May I suggest you enlist the help and purchase your thread from Pattye on Etsy. She is where I get my pearl thread and will always lead you in the right direction when it comes to purchasing the right thread size and any question you have on knotting.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I suggest you enlist the help and purchase your thread from Pattye on Etsy. She is where I get my pearl thread and will always lead you in the right direction when it comes to purchasing the right thread size and any question you have on knotting.

I abolutely will! Thanks for the tip.
I see that she has green!!! I have nephrite beads that need restringing, and I was having real trouble finding green cord!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I abolutely will! Thanks for the tip.
I see that she has green!!! I have nephrite beads that need restringing, and I was having real trouble finding green cord!

I actually strung the strand you liked using the color leaf. My go to for Tahitians is leaf, plum, burgundy or royal blue. For blue and natural color Akoyas I choose mist, sky or stone. For pastel FW's you can never go wrong with lilac, violet or pink. The pink thread is actually a muted rose which is stunning with any peach, pink or lavender FW pearls.

IMG_8200.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually strung the strand you liked using the color leaf. My go to for Tahitians is leaf, plum, burgundy or royal blue. For blue and natural color Akoyas I choose mist, sky or stone. For pastel FW's you can never go wrong with lilac, violet or pink. The pink thread is actually a muted rose which is stunning with any peach, pink or lavender FW pearls.

IMG_8200.jpg

I am just now realizing that I am surrounded by bead stores in my town. Why didn't I think of this sooner?
I know all about the jewelry supply shops, where I buy my silver supplies.
But I just found at least 6 bead supply shops in the vicinity, and one that I drive by all the time. So maybe I'll pop in and see what I can find.

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Wearing my Moon soufflé pendant from Pearl Paradise and my new purple bronze baroque cfws from Etsy. Really enjoying the Rice Krispie pearl necklace as a chain for my pendants. Today’s activity is decluttering with mom and sister. 7B15EA14-3582-440B-BA48-6D6235BA1729.jpeg

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
*tip toes in*
Gorgeous pearls ladies, esp the blue!
*blushes*
I am wearing green shell pearl studs!
*runs away*
:D

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
*tip toes in*
Gorgeous pearls ladies, esp the blue!
*blushes*
I am wearing green shell pearl studs!
*runs away*
:D

Hi ya MjK1. You can come back with your green shell studs. HAHAHA. Not laughing AT you or your studs, but your post was cute.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results