shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you ladies doing for Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
I''m curious about what the LIW ladies will do on Halloween this year. Will you give out candy? Will you dress up? If so, what are you dressing up as? I will be a schoolgirl this year, hahaha.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I know where I''m *going* but I haven''t the slightest idea what I''m dressing up as! There''s a huge block-party style event going on in one of the local bar districts, with big tents set up...supposed to be kind of like Mardi Gras, but with Halloween costumes.

I''m curious about everyone''s costume ideas! I''m such a slacker this year.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going as Jon & Kate plus 8
31.gif
... but in reverse. BF is white and he''s going to be Kate. I''m Asian and dressing up as Jon. We even found a Kate wig at Ricky''s! We just need to get some plastic dolls to carry around. I''m excited because for the first time I can wear sneakers and dress warmly for Halloween!

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
All my housemates and I are having a party, and am so excited about it! I *was* going to be Miss Havisham (anyone guess where my inspiration came from? hehe) but all the charity shops around here that are usually full to the brim with old wedding dresses for a tenner have emptied out, and couldn''t find anything on ebay either. So now I''m going to be a stick person, wear all black and attach glow sticks to make the stick person shape. In my head this is going to look amazing...in real life? Hmm.
xxx

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I *have* to dress up for work (fail), so I''m plonking a Marilyn Monroe wig on my head, donning red lipstick, darkening my brows, and wearing normal work clothes.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a party to go to next Friday, and I just picked out my costume today. I''m going to be Little Red Riding Hood and I''m bringing our dog along as the Big Bad Wolf. BF is out of town next weekend, so I''m in charge of the dog and since the invitation included dogs I decided to make him part of the costume. I was going to be a boxer (since Bodhi''s a Boxer), but I couldn''t find a costume that actually covered the important bits (seriously, is there a women''s costume out there that doesn''t have "sexy" in the name?????). So since the skirt on this costume is a little short, I''m going to buy some white tights to wear underneath. I don''t need to be flashing anybody, Halloween or not.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it would be a mighty fine day to get married. I will be going as a bride
2.gif

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like you ladies will have a blast, especially Keepingthefaith21!! Have a great wedding!

I forgot to describe my costume. I already have one of those tie-in-the-front white shrugs that I wear with my dresses sometimes. That will be my schoolgirl top. I also already have a mini red and gray plaid skirt. All I did was buy white stockings and Mary Jane shoes. I will also get some white ribbons to tie bows around my pigtails.

My BF will go as a rockstar. He already has a wig and tight leather pants (hahahahaha) and will wear them with an open vest. We're going to go to a friend's party, as well as a karaoke bar and a number of other bars in this area. It's so fun to see all the different costumes!

Any other ladies have plans for Halloween?

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
More costume ideas please!!! I''m desperate! Even costume ideas you''ve used from previous years...

Here''s some fun things I''ve done in the past or seen other people do - in case anyone else is looking for ideas:

-Two years ago I went as the orbit commercial girl (wore all white with a colored neck scarf and carried around a pack of orbit and quoting her catch phrases)
-Some of my friends went as Troll dolls- wrapped their hair around small bottles on the top of their head and hair painted them different bright colors
- Saw an awesome costume of a working Operation Game guy. (Like had tongs that you could try to get these organs out with and if you hit the edge his nose lit up) but you could probably make a less techy version of this.
-A friend once went as the Monopoly Man (suit and top hat and the works)

Hmm I''ll keep brainstorming but if anyone else has great ideas I''d love to hear them.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 2:47:56 PM
Author: Callisto
More costume ideas please!!! I''m desperate! Even costume ideas you''ve used from previous years...

Here''s some fun things I''ve done in the past or seen other people do - in case anyone else is looking for ideas:

-Two years ago I went as the orbit commercial girl (wore all white with a colored neck scarf and carried around a pack of orbit and quoting her catch phrases)

-Some of my friends went as Troll dolls- wrapped their hair around small bottles on the top of their head and hair painted them different bright colors

- Saw an awesome costume of a working Operation Game guy. (Like had tongs that you could try to get these organs out with and if you hit the edge his nose lit up) but you could probably make a less techy version of this.

Hmm I''ll keep brainstorming but if anyone else has great ideas I''d love to hear them.
halloween=fav holiday. going out to a local bar w/a bunch of friends. considering cleopatra but i''ve been lax on costume prep this year, so we''ll see what comes together this week
37.gif

as for ideas:
last year i was a uso girl (andrews sisters style) got an army skirt and hat from army/navy surplus store & wore my grandmother WWII jacket & cute brown mary jane retro-y pumps;
have also been a fortune teller--really fun. planned to have a "crystal" ball, but didn''t work. instead printed out a bunch of fortunes and passed them out;
a few years ago, a group of us went as clue characters. this was great---we all looked really good. i was ms. peacock, FI was col. mustard;
all time fav costume: cruella de ville from 101 dalmations. wore long black dress, faux fur white jacket, red pumps, carried a stuffed dalmation, and teased out my hair & sprayed 1/2 white.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
This year, I picked up a cute fairy costume from Target, since we''ll just be going to a friends. I''ll be wearing it with tights and brown boots.

Last year, I was a Dirty Girl Scout. I had the short skirt, fishnets, knee-high boots, push-up bra, tied up white shirt, and I made a sash with condoms for merit badges. The outfit was a hit.
11.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 1:07:13 PM
Author: chiapet
31.gif
... but in reverse. BF is white and he''s going to be Kate. I''m Asian and dressing up as Jon. We even found a Kate wig at Ricky''s! We just need to get some plastic dolls to carry around. I''m excited because for the first time I can wear sneakers and dress warmly for Halloween!
OMG! That''s the best costume I''ve heard of yet!! You need to carry a big bug and scare "Kate" every-so-often.

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm doing Rainbow Brite... bought a long blue shirt, sewed some ribbons on it for suspenders and the white around the bottom, bought rainbow striped socks to wear and another that I cut the feet off of for my arms. Add some rainbow ribbon around a ponytail and that's it!

My boyfriend is going as Alan from "The Hangover." He already has a beard, so we bought a baby doll dressed in blue and he'll put it in a backpack and wear it on his front, and some big sunglasses.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My ex has the children this coming weekend, so we had a Halloween party with the kids and some friends this past Saturday night! On Halloween, my SO and I are going to a friend''s house to help distribute candy, and then going to a party in PA.

Melissa_n_Dave.JPG

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 11:55:33 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
I thought it would be a mighty fine day to get married. I will be going as a bride
2.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Yep.....I''ll be attending a wedding that day.
31.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I was going to go as the bride from Kill Bill but I got hung up on some details. Now I am the Progressive Insurance girl, Flo. I have a screen printed white apron, an I heart Insurance button and her tricked out nametag was easy to find on the internet. Purple headband, fake eyelashes, red lipstick.

BF will either be Gene Wilder Willy Wonka or Napolean Dynamite. He''s traveling for work all this week so my guess is he''ll be a bum. The man is not a planner.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, new potential plan, which I thought up this morning:

I have this awesome little black dress that I never ever get to use, so I''m thinking of picking up a pair of elbow-length gloves, a little tiara, and a gigantic fake bling necklace and going as Holly Golightly from Breakfast At Tiffany''s. I found one of those long cigarette holder thingers at a costume shop, too!

hoyalawya

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, Keepingthefaith! I think it is an awesome day to get married.

Funniest costume idea I''ve heard of in awhile was my little sister''s last year: golddigger. She ''borrowed'' this gold glittery ice skater style dress from my closet that I had purchased back in college for a Super Sweet 16 theme party, bought some gold heels, and spray painted a toy shovel gold. She''s quite a character.

We don''t have plans for Halloween itself yet but the night before Halloween we''re hanging out with my sister and brother in law to watch the Ghost Adventures live special. Does anyone else watch this show on the Travel Channel? It''s these guys that go to haunted places and do investigations where they''re locked in overnight. I know there''s a lot of this type of show, but their personalities really make it hilarious. We''re going to watch their live 7-hour investigation and we''re really excited about it...just goes to show how nerdy we are
1.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love that show!
9.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
My three best gals and I are going as KISS!! It''s going to be hilarious, the costumes are priceless.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m going as Lady Gaga, and I can''t wait! Got me a long blonde wig, a circle scarf, sunglasses, a leotard and sparkly black fishnets. I need a wide belt and I''m set! FI will be Cory Taylor, the lead man of Slipknot, his favorite band. We''ll be quite the interesting couple that night.
2.gif

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
I''m still trying to come up with what my costume will be. I really want to do something fun with my hair and makeup. I''m heading to the salon to get my hair cut and colored right now (not for Halloween, just because), and I think I''ll talk to my stylist about it. She usually has good ideas at least for my hair. I just want to be something fun... And not have to spend $100 on a costume, or wear anything with ''sexy'' in the name this year.

BF and I are hosting a party at my house with a ton of our friends and we''re both super excited about it.

As for his costume, last year he was at his old house and he dressed in a really simple black grim reaper type costume with a mask, slumped over in a chair on his front porch by a bowl of candy, and then moved when kids came up to get candy. Everyone thought he was stuffed and freaked out when he moved. He loved that so much, he''s doing it here this year for a little while. Haha.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 9:46:16 PM
Author: swingirl
Date: 10/24/2009 1:07:13 PM

Author: chiapet

31.gif

OMG! That''s the best costume I''ve heard of yet!! You need to carry a big bug and scare ''Kate'' every-so-often.

Oooh! Good idea! I''ll borrow a plastic bug from my 1st graders
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I will be wearing my husband''s Army uniform as a costume... My students get a kick out of it because it says my last name on it. As for Trick-or-treating, we are having our goddaughter over and are taking her around the neighborhood. We will also be giving out candy, because our neighborhood is CRAZY about Halloween and if we don''t, we might get "tricked".
28.gif

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I''m loving all of your ideas! Lady Gaga and the Breakfast at Tiffany''s girl sound great! I also like the Pocahontas costume...my SO and I have thought about going as cowboy and Indian princess, but we haven''t yet.

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 2:47:56 PM
Author: Callisto
More costume ideas please!!! I'm desperate! Even costume ideas you've used from previous years...

Here's some fun things I've done in the past or seen other people do - in case anyone else is looking for ideas:

Hmm I'll keep brainstorming but if anyone else has great ideas I'd love to hear them.

I thought about going as a 50's housewife this year. I have a retro black dress with white polka dots that is tight around the waist and flares out. I was going to wear it with black heels, pearls, and a white headband, all of which I already have.

I also thought about going as a bunny. I have a pink sparkly dress and was going to get bunny ears and tail. But in the end, I decided on the schoolgirl outfit.

My BF and I have thought about going as cowboy and Indian princess. Or knight and medieval princess. Or Greek god and Greek goddess. Or elf and fairy/elven princess. But all of these would require you to buy costumes instead of using what you might already have.

I've had friends who just put on a red dress and bought devil ears, a tail, and a pitchfork.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ladies, I LOVE everyone''s idea. Dang it, im gonna have to ask all of you for tips next year.

The SO and myself have a busy halloween weekend. Friday Night, my sister is having a costume party and her personal psychic is coming, and theyre will be food and music. Im super excited about this party should be loads of fun. That and we are "using" some props from my job, Funeral Home.

Than Saturday we are going to see a concert with a group of our freinds, which im trying to make larger at the moment. LoL....Than after the concert we are going to go to a club with everyone to go dancing than to a local Metal Bar, just to say hi and than home. I think secretly, this is SO''s way of showing me off.

Than Sunday we have to wake up early for the football game.......GO TEAM!!!!

o BTW im going as a sexy Vinyl and Satin french maid, HeHe, its actually custom made, ill post pics when i get it back
36.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Fi doesn''t like to go out to bars or parties where he knows nobody so we are sitting at home on our lazy butts, and ill be honest, im a little bummed out about it
7.gif
before we started dating id go all out with costumes but i wont make him do something hes not comfortable doing, bleh

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
We''re having a halloween party at mi casa. It''s not a costume party but an "ugly accessory" party. My Mom and I found some super ugly jewelry on the clearance rack at Cost Plus World Market this weekend. I got this fugly weird belt thing that I''m really not sure what it is but I''m going to roll that thing like it''s my job! Mini me is going to be tinkerbell!

Two awesome easy costume ideas:

#1 buy a way too big bra and wear it on the outside of your clothes and fill each cup with spices and when people ask what you are say "I''m a spice rack".

#2 Get a plain white tee and paint "Go Ceilings" on it and wear a foam finger. You''re "A Ceiling Fan"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results