shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you doing?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I just ate lunch and now I'm considering turning on the TV. Don't want to go all crazy and decide too quickly, though.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Doing my usual Sunday routine. I’m a creature of habit. Just finished attending church online. About to grab dh to go on a Costco run, will probably pick up Costco pizza for lunch, then laundry the rest of the afternoon!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got back from a walk with my husband after doing a bunch of housework. In precisely 9 minutes, my DH, my goddaughter and I are heading out to a late lunch at our local diner, where I'll have a cobb salad with no cheese or bread and 2 cups of decaf coffee. This afternoon, I have a core-power-flow yoga class, then this evening the three of us will watch a movie. Somewhere in there I'll have 2 phonecalls - one with my best friend in Australia and one with my best friend in the US.

And that's SO much more info than you wanted - but I figured if people are *strictly* accurate, every single person is going to say "typing on PriceScope!"

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching " The Curse of Frankenstein" (1957) on TV, trying to muster up the energy to put some laundry in the washing machine.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Smelling the corned beef cooking in the crockpot and posting on PS. Soon going to kick back with my kindle and read.

P

Petalouda

taking a break from folding clothes.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Day dreaming about the restaurants I want to go to after COVID. I used to dream about winning the lottery. Now I dream of "normal" life! Will never take it for granted again!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chillin in bed with hubby and Nala, my dog. He’s watching football and I’m talking to him about everything. lol. Playing with my ring. He
Picked up breakfast so I had a pancake and coffee in bed. My back hurts! So I have no Sunday Funday plans for today.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a good video lol but this is what we’re doing and where we are right now. :)

Just finished our ice cream about 20 minutes ago.
37AC2AE8-53E0-4149-AB29-50F094FC37C5.jpeg

And back cycling.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Just finished dinner, onions with cherry tomatoes, tuna and wholemeal spiral pasta. I have two questions to finish on a grant/funding application. A quick procrastination on PS, two hours of work and hopefully I'll be done.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished Skyping my friend, and now relaxing watching 90 day Fiancé - the other way

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A prettier scene right now.
C27947C3-44DD-49A3-985C-BCEACF9FE04E.jpeg
151A3351-4E18-4B25-840E-748AC27FC0AE.jpeg

8B7D60DE-2377-405E-BB44-2ED392E20C4E.jpeg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
because you asked:

Sparkles GIF-downsized_large.gif

I got megatons of rhinestones and other crafting notions. I figured I'd have some fun with them...lol

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Reading news and flitting between/over PS when I should be vacuuming. I hate to vacuum.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Just cleaned my bathrooms, currently making my daughter some pasta for a late lunch. Then I plan on going to Home Depot after lunch. Such an exiting Sunday.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You have truly outdone yourself!

Do you think it‘s possible to do this with a papermask and not damage the effectiveness of the mask? Is this a cloth mask? Can you tell please me how I could make them for my greatniece?

My 6 year old greatniece would be over the moon happy if I could do this for her. My niece complains all the time about wearing masks in front of her daughter. I worry about her feelings about masks having a negative impact on how my greatniece feels about them. If were able to make masks like this with butterflies or even flowers, she would never want to take them off.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby and I just got back from taking the dogs to the park. It's very breezy so I put my laundry on hangers and hung them on the fence. They are dry now and smell wonderful! Next up is dinner. I prepped healthy food earlier because this week DH is on the healthy food train. Yay!!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching TV, being on PS, checking FB, etc...

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got back from antiquing and now procrastinating, need to go grocery shopping :snooty:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG this is soooo pretty!!!

thank you!
@Arcadian, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You have truly outdone yourself!

Do you think it‘s possible to do this with a papermask and not damage the effectiveness of the mask? Is this a cloth mask? Can you tell please me how I could make them for my greatniece?

My 6 year old greatniece would be over the moon happy if I could do this for her. My niece complains all the time about wearing masks in front of her daughter. I worry about her feelings about masks having a negative impact on how my greatniece feels about them. If were able to make masks like this with butterflies or even flowers, she would never want to take them off.

This is done on fabric. Likely could not be done on the paper masks (at least not heavily!) because it would compromise the filter integrity.

If you want to do on paper based masks, you can try the rhinestone stickers that most craft stores sell. Only on the side of the face though because can compromise breathability if covering the nose/mouth area.

So a 2 layer fabric mask is fine. even better if its got a filter pocket but 2 layers should do it.

Basic pattern I used for above is Thuy Phan.
She has a pattern you can download. its a good pattern, I add a filter pocket, and it really doesn't touch the mouth. can use ear or head loops, and quick to make.

Any adhesive near the face can be tricky but I always use an water based acrylic one. For rhinstones/gemstones to fabric I use Gem-Tac but any acrylic glue that specifically says it will work for gemstones to fabric is fine. this one smells mostly like elmer's glue. is tacky in 5 minutes and can handle in about 3 hours. needs 24 hours to really set but should not be washed for a week.

E-6000 has a shorter cure time but its nasty stuff, would not use anywhere near the face period. Also very hard to work with if you've never used it before. Heck even if you have can be hard to deal with...lol

The other method is a hot glue thats already on the rhinestone. but that takes a whole other set of tools.

While you can machine wash on gentle in a lingerie bag, I would hand wash only.

RE: Crystals https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HK8LQG3 I used the glass ones because I won't lose my mind if I lose one...lol. Swarovski and Preciosa are both quite a lot more expensive than what I'm using. Jollin makes some good ones that I've bought for my natural nails! They're good and cheap, very sparkly, probably the best in terms of price and just under the lead crystal varieties in terms of sparkle.

Design: Basically unless you're really good you can just freehand it. some will draw their design on the appropriate type of paper then transfer it on the fabric (I'm not that good...lol) .

I use the fabric like it was a coloring book... so if you're like me, find a material with a fun pattern that would be easy to do this with. This fabric was a wee bit challenging which caused me to think outside the box.... for this I use anything from SS4 to an SS16 (1.6mm to 4mm). That took me roughly 3 hours. If I had done the entire mask....yikes...it would be an all day thing....

If making masks is daunting, Hanes actually sells the black and white masks at Target and Walmart (wash them first, they're giant sized!!) And you can use that as your blank canvas so to speak. Some have even sewed ontop a layer of pretty sparkly lace to those and you've got yourself something fun to wear.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
just finished making a slow simmered, finished in the oven, turkey bolognese with tinned san marzano tomatos, yellow onion, and zucchini with heritage wheat penne. had it for lunch

sipping a matcha and kombucha whilst on the forum

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I was supposed to be working on my annual review for work but fell asleep and just woke up. Going to start dinner. Beef curry for husband, pasta for son and stir fried vermicelli for daughter (I don't know why I let them have choices).

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Just got back from Trader Joe's. I'm sitting on my back deck with my beautiful dog at my feet, listening to church bells in the distance.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sitting on the couch briefly. Brisket is cooking. Beef stock is coming along. Got a stack of boxes packed. Need to go clear the plants away from next to the house in case painting can happen this week.

Q

Queenie60

Cleaning the pantry. It's a mess! Earlier today we went to the coast and had a nice walk. Went into a few boutiques and supported them. Found a few beautiful halloween decorations, and a few articles of clothing for myself. We went to a pumpkin patch and loaded up for our front porch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results