shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you doing for him?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

There''s been some talk about about what we expect from our boyfriends/fiances for Valentine''s day..

But what are YOU planning to do for the man in your life for Valentine''s Day?
Be it a gift or a special thing you''ve planned!

My boyfriend has a ''surprise'' planned for Saturday, and for the week we are celebrating Valentine''s Week where he is doing a romantic thing a day till Saturday :) It is really exciting.

Last year I got him satin boxers with our initials monogrammed on them; this year, I got him 2 pairs of boxers - one with Hershey Kisses and the other with Candy hearts :) Tradition :razz: And, a pair of new slippers :)

Anyway, I thought we could share & swap ideas :)

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going away to Ottawa for the weekend! My BF his Prime Ministerial aspirations, so why not visit his future home?
1.gif
Actually, he has no idea where we''re going this weekend. I''ve booked the hotel, made dinner reservations and put together an itinerary, which I''ll probably put together in a V-day brochure for him and give it to him in the car.

We don''t really celebrate Valentine''s Day so it''s difficult for me to remember things. I know one year I made a card that said "I want to fondue you" and for our first v-day I learned how to play his favourite Jack Johnson song on the piano and took him to the public library to teach him! This will be our 5th v-day and I can only remember 2 things!
40.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting mine a copy of NCAA Football for the XBOX 360. He''s been whining about how the computer-generated draft picks in Madden just aren''t the same as real college players, so I''m going to help his draft for next season :)

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:09:53 PM
Author: sammyj
We''re going away to Ottawa for the weekend! My BF his Prime Ministerial aspirations, so why not visit his future home?
1.gif
Actually, he has no idea where we''re going this weekend. I''ve booked the hotel, made dinner reservations and put together an itinerary, which I''ll probably put together in a V-day brochure for him and give it to him in the car.

That is such a cute idea :) Surprises and I have a love-hate relationship! I think they are so sweet and love them but I am such a control freak that I prod until I get enough of a hint to figure it out. Your plan is so sweet though :) Very thoughtful! I hope my surprise is something similar :) Does he have any clue? Are you giving him hints? Or do you guys have that bond where he''ll just *know* :razz:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love surprises but like you, I''m a control freak and can''t stand not knowing.

FI and I are spending Friday night at a little boutique hotel in Providence and we''re going out to dinner. I got him an under armour shirt he''s wanted for awhile, as well as a new briefcase for work. I also might bake him something special. I think I''m getting flowers and jewelry which is pretty standard for us.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I''ll probably make him breakfast in bed on Saturday. Other than that, we''re going to hang out and have our V-day party that evening.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:23:43 PM
Author: nail_polish

Date: 2/10/2009 2:09:53 PM
1.gif

That is such a cute idea :) Surprises and I have a love-hate relationship! I think they are so sweet and love them but I am such a control freak that I prod until I get enough of a hint to figure it out. Your plan is so sweet though :) Very thoughtful! I hope my surprise is something similar :) Does he have any clue? Are you giving him hints? Or do you guys have that bond where he''ll just *know* :razz:
Awww thanks! The truth is, I just want to have a pampered weekend so it''s as much of a getaway for me as it is for him. The funny thing is that I brought up the idea of a weekend getaway to my BF a few weeks ago and he suggested the two places I was already thinking about (Ottawa and Quebec City). So yes, we''re on the same page for most things but I just acted coy and told him it''d be a surprise. He doesn''t really ask too many questions...it''s me who constantly asks him if he''s excited for our weekend away! I even told him that I''d pack his bag to make it even more of a surprise.

I''m much like you girls in that I can''t stand surprises! I''m definitely a prodder too. Just last night I asked if the proposal would happen before the end of the Bachelor since Jason does propose (maybe 4 weeks??), and before he could even answer I said, "Don''t say anything! I don''t want to know!!" I suck, I know!

nail_polish, I''m sure your BF has something wonderful planned...elaborate or not, I''m sure it''ll represent to the two of you really well. And in the end, that''s all that matters, right?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:27:50 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I love surprises but like you, I''m a control freak and can''t stand not knowing.

FI and I are spending Friday night at a little boutique hotel in Providence and we''re going out to dinner. I got him an under armour shirt he''s wanted for awhile, as well as a new briefcase for work. I also might bake him something special. I think I''m getting flowers and jewelry which is pretty standard for us.

Me too! BF was planning on taking me to Wicked...but it ended in Chicago a couple weeks ago
7.gif
I don''t know what he has planned other than dinner so I''m trying not to prod. Last year, I planned V-Day (got tickets for the aquarium, booked a nice hotel downtown, made dinner reservations, etc.) so this year is his turn
2.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I''ll do the laundry this week... and this week only. HA!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
In the past I''ve gotten cute little ice cream cakes with our names on them, or some white chocolate covered strawberries...sweet little things like that. I think I will do something fun like this again this year as we decided no gifts this time around...

KatM

Shiny_Rock
I tend to go with completely unromantic ''guy'' gifts that I know he will like. Neither of us are terribly into V-Day, but we are both very into presents. One year I think I got him some X-Box game that involved assassinating people. This year he''s getting Absolute Watchmen. To him, romance comes in the form of comic books.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I''m not a big valentine''s day person, but he''s excited about it. So he''s planning everything, but I am making him dinner that night, and I will do the dishes afterwards. Then we will probably watch Once, because it''s my favorite romantic type movie, even if it is sad in the end.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Making his favorite cookies and giving him a head-to-toe massage!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got him a card and some conversation jelly beans
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I've got to think of something cute to do this year for him! We have both had a bad and stressful 2009 thus far. I feel he deserves something fun! I'm just not sure what yet...

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been his personal Cinderella ever since his foot has been in a cast. I''ll probably continue to cook and clean for him, but just a more special meal.
Which is also why I''m *ahem* expecting something along the "Thank You" lines along with Valentine''s Day.

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
I got him Jimmy Buffet concert tickets :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
We''re going skiing to a really nice hotel we found a great last minute rate at, so that''ll be our gift to each other :) I''m soo looking forward!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I am making dinner for him!
5.gif
Since V-day falls on a Saturday, I figure I''ll have time for something more elaborate. SO actually likes when I cook, but we eat out more than we probably should due to our hectic schedules. I''m hoping I can whip up something tasty that he''ll love! I think we''ll be going to T&Co to look at rings on that day too, which is adequate compensation on his part for my cooking
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 6:25:19 PM
Author: LabRatPhD
I think we''ll be going to T&Co to look at rings on that day too
23.gif
>>>JEALOUS<<<
3.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
making him a Talkbox/voice synth so that he can sound like T.Pain. Then, we will make videos and put them on Youtube!

FUN, FUN, FUN!

36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 6:39:34 PM
Author: trillionaire
making him a Talkbox/voice synth so that he can sound like T.Pain. Then, we will make videos and put them on Youtube!

FUN, FUN, FUN!

36.gif
hahaha....can I hang out with YOU GUYS this weekend? Will you send us the links??
31.gif
41.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 7:29:02 PM
Date: 2/10/2009 6:39:34 PM

FUN, FUN, FUN!

36.gif

hahaha....can I hang out with YOU GUYS this weekend? Will you send us the links??
31.gif
41.gif

LOL, depends on how well it goes. I''m excited, but I can''t decide if I should make it before he gets here, and just give it to him, or if I should get all the parts and make it WITH him. He''s an engineer, but he''s also a guy, meaning he doesn''t follow directions.
20.gif
I also got him one of those middle eastern scarves that all the hip hop celebs are wearing, and my sister told me to get him white sunglasses like T.Pain. where do I get cheap sunglasses in February???? Sigh.

LOL. If he lets me put the videos on Youtube, I will post a link!
27.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Dollar store, Walmart, or Ebay!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made reservations here.

http://www.risesouffle.com/

Originally, I intended my new ring to be my purchase, but my husband''s company bonused them late this year, so he''s picking up the ring and he''s buying himself an exhaust for the car, so I''m kind of off the hook this year!

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:13:30 PM
Author: misskitty
I''m getting mine a copy of NCAA Football for the XBOX 360. He''s been whining about how the computer-generated draft picks in Madden just aren''t the same as real college players, so I''m going to help his draft for next season :)

hahah that''s exactly something I''d get my BF... glad I''m not the only one who''s dating a "gamer." I''m taking my guy to a performance of shakespeare done in the Simpson voices... and taking him to dinner. But technically the dinner is for me since I''m picking the restaurant...
21.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I just bought a grill as a belated B-day present (he wouldn''t tell me what he wanted), so I am going to keep it simple and make him brownies.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a big Valentine''s day person but since it''s our first V-day
36.gif
I booked a couples massage and am taking him out to dinner on Sunday. I wish I could come up with some creative ideas like you guys!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 7:32:51 PM
where do I get cheap sunglasses in February???? Sigh.
A gas station. Totally!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no help I am afraid as we don''t do Valentines!
emlove.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results