shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you doing for him?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 8:34:52 PM
Author: WistfulAurora
Date: 2/10/2009 2:13:30 PM

Author: misskitty

I''m getting mine a copy of NCAA Football for the XBOX 360. He''s been whining about how the computer-generated draft picks in Madden just aren''t the same as real college players, so I''m going to help his draft for next season :)

hahah that''s exactly something I''d get my BF... glad I''m not the only one who''s dating a ''gamer.'' I''m taking my guy to a performance of shakespeare done in the Simpson voices... and taking him to dinner. But technically the dinner is for me since I''m picking the restaurant...
21.gif

Ditto that on the ''dating a gamer''. SO has his PS3, and a million online games that he plays. His dad is 44 and still plays online games, so basically, he''s never going to outgrow it. *sigh*

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

All these ideas are so cute!

The t-pain one! The couples massage! The video games he he.. I am dating an online gamer.. WoW anyone?!

I can''t wait to hear all about how everyone''s weekend went!

And yes, sammyj you''re right! Although he doesn''t have the best history of planning ''surprises'' I am keeping my fingers crossed this one is slightly more thought out than the last one (where he planned to go to Home Outfitters...) ;-)

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:24:02 PM
Author: nail_polish

All these ideas are so cute!

The t-pain one! The couples massage! The video games he he.. I am dating an online gamer.. WoW anyone?!

I can''t wait to hear all about how everyone''s weekend went!

And yes, sammyj you''re right! Although he doesn''t have the best history of planning ''surprises'' I am keeping my fingers crossed this one is slightly more thought out than the last one (where he planned to go to Home Outfitters...) ;-)
Home Outfitters....too cute! Was it to buy something specific? Maybe this year he''ll take you to Crate and Barrel!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

My BF is a gamer too. Him and his friends bought these FragFX (?) controllers and bluetooth headsets so that they could play online with each other. Silly boys.

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:41:00 PM
Author: sammyj

Home Outfitters....too cute! Was it to buy something specific? Maybe this year he'll take you to Crate and Barrel!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

My BF is a gamer too. Him and his friends bought these FragFX (?) controllers and bluetooth headsets so that they could play online with each other. Silly boys.

Haha! I think those headsets are so funny! I am guilty of online gaming too.. But I like kiddie games, like Hammer Heads and Peggle and the eye-spy ones.. And the facebook game Bloons! I obsessed with that! But they just take it way beyond :razz:

And unfortunately no.. Home Outfitters was not for anything specific.. He just thought 'cause we like going there, we would... It makes me chuckle now to look back, but after anticipating his 'surprise' for about 2 weeks... when he said, 'Okay, so I thought we could go to Home Outfitters'... I was a bit disappointed.

I keep being a pain this week in anticipation for the weekend, saying things like,
"So.. On Saturday, maybe you'll take me to Home Outfitters AND Wal-Mart! Or how about a trip to IKEA :)?"
27.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting mine a copy of NCAA Football for the XBOX 360. He''s been whining about how the computer-generated draft picks in Madden just aren''t the same as real college players, so I''m going to help his draft for next season :)

hahah that''s exactly something I''d get my BF... glad I''m not the only one who''s dating a ''gamer.'' I''m taking my guy to a performance of shakespeare done in the Simpson voices... and taking him to dinner. But technically the dinner is for me since I''m picking the restaurant...
21.gif

The funny thing is that the sports games are all he plays. The 360 is mine...I''m a big geek
1.gif

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
A weekend of hard labor finishing his basement! Drywall is up already, but we are doing subfloor, carpet, and patching/sanding/priming the walls.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:58:15 PM
Author: nail_polish

Date: 2/11/2009 12:41:00 PM
Author: sammyj

Home Outfitters....too cute! Was it to buy something specific? Maybe this year he''ll take you to Crate and Barrel!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Haha! I think those headsets are so funny! I am guilty of online gaming too.. But I like kiddie games, like Hammer Heads and Peggle and the eye-spy ones.. And the facebook game Bloons! I obsessed with that! But they just take it way beyond :razz:

And unfortunately no.. Home Outfitters was not for anything specific.. He just thought ''cause we like going there, we would... It makes me chuckle now to look back, but after anticipating his ''surprise'' for about 2 weeks... when he said, ''Okay, so I thought we could go to Home Outfitters''... I was a bit disappointed.

I keep being a pain this week in anticipation for the weekend, saying things like,
''So.. On Saturday, maybe you''ll take me to Home Outfitters AND Wal-Mart! Or how about a trip to IKEA :)?''
27.gif
That is too funny that he did that. It sounds like my BF who is not the best with coming up with surprises. They think of those little things we *like* and think doing it as a surprise would be the best thing in the world! Gotta love em. :)

Our first Vday together we were in a grocery store the night before and he said "Go ahead and pick out your flowers." Well, I got upset that he said that joking or not, because I wanted him to do something nice and thoughtful. Anyways, on the actual day he ends up sending me a boquet of green (okay, they were technically white) roses from a florist. He had misinterpreted my disappointment the day before as you have to buy flowers from a florist, so he ordered them LAST minute and that was all they had left. I remember being so upset over getting green (and over priced) roses.
20.gif
He thought getting me any flowers from a florist was exactly what I wanted and wanted to make me happy. Looking back now we just laugh at it and joke each year. :)

Since we don''t do anything anymore I am letting him go fishing this year.
3.gif

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 1:02:36 PM

21.gif

The funny thing is that the sports games are all he plays. The 360 is mine...I''m a big geek
1.gif
We should start a "My boyfriend is a gamer, and by association so am I" thread... We could talk about what games they play, how much money they spend on games (and not on e-rings), AND what games WE play...
9.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 3:38:22 PM

Date: 2/11/2009 1:02:36 PM

21.gif

1.gif
We should start a ''My boyfriend is a gamer, and by association so am I'' thread... We could talk about what games they play, how much money they spend on games (and not on e-rings), AND what games WE play...
9.gif
I used to play Lineage, which I liked, but they kept wiping the server, which annoyed me. I had a pet wolf named "Flow" (wolf backwards), lol. He tried to get me on Age of Conan, by my PC wouldn''t support it. *phew*

Sigh. he makes me box and play football on PS3.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Bought him fried chicken tonight, and he said it was a great Valentine''s Day surprise. Think that means I''m done early!
3.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 3:52:12 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Bought him fried chicken tonight, and he said it was a great Valentine''s Day surprise. Think that means I''m done early!
3.gif

Mmmmm... chicken... I am hungry!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I just bought FI some very nice, 18-year-old scotch. (All I could think of in the liquor store: "I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch." --Ron Burgundy)

I''m also planning on baking him something. It''s going to be either chocolate cake or chocolate cupcakes, depending on my mood.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going out of town for the weekend with some friends. But, I''ve booked a fancy resort for Sunday night since neither of us have to work on Monday (but our friends have to go home). I got him a card already and I''ve been thinking about getting him a couple of CDs that he''s been wanting (hmm...I better do that!). I''d really like to get him an ipod (I can''t believe he still doesn''t have one), but I don''t think it''s in my budget right now. Well, I know it''s not!

It was funny last night. As we were getting into bed all of the sudden he exclaims, "Valentine''s Day! Oh, man, I gotta get you something!" After laughing at him, I assured him that he definitely does not need to get me anything because he gave me two presents for my birthday. (I''d asked for a specific necklace. He couldn''t get to that particular store, so he ended up not being able to decide between two and gave me both.) Besides, I know he spent a lot of money on my birthday celebrations last weekend. I''m really looking forward to this weekend though.

Kitiaral

Rough_Rock
This Valentine''s day my boyfriend works. So I decided to also work. We are both off Sunday, so that will be OUR V-Day! We will probably make breakfast together and then I hope to go to a movie. We haven''t been out to one in soooo long!

As far as gifs/surprises for him he has everything he wants, so it''s kinda hard. I will probably opt for some fancy boxers since he doesn''t have many of those. Also, there is a baseball game he wants for the PS3. I also plan on writing him a sweet love letter to remind him how much he means to me and all of that sappy stuff.
emlove.gif

I suggested we not go overboard with gifts b/c we just spend a lot of $ for xmas, but he got me something big anyway so i have to figure something out too. Although he states that it is unnecessary. I know he got me something from tiffany''s (yes...i''m sure it''s not a diamond ring). He''s very excited about it. So we''ll see. Wishing you all a wonderfully romantic Valentines!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results