shape
carat
color
clarity

What are the signs of aging?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie I didn’t think you were referring to me so no worries. Thank you and Love ya girl. :kiss:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you listen to your wife...
blah.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ultimately, maggots.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thing with feeling more comfortable in your skin is real and it is wonderful.

This!

I allowed my hair to go gray a year or two ago, and I couldn't be happier with that decision. Absolutely, it marks me as "older." But so did trying to maintain the brunette that had clearly flown the coop some time ago. And I love no longer having to devote time and energy to trying to maintain that facade.

I think my new hair looks pretty good, too - at least, it draws compliments even from strangers. Including the ultimate compliment: two women in church, one in her 70's and the other in her 80's, gave up dying their hair not long after I went gray. One has told me that my new look inspired her! They both had been using fairly harsh colors, and I think they look much, much better now (but I'll admit to being biased).

I just wish I'd had the courage to go gray earlier. White heads are kind of a hallmark on my mother's family - a point that was reinforced with a recent homeland visit with cousins that are my age and younger. (But I am grateful that mine is more of a steelish gray right now... and I hope I'll be ready for the white when it finally comes!) I wish my mother had had a chance to see me sporting the family trademark, and that my younger brother, whose hair had much more salt than pepper when he died a few years ago, had had a chance to see this particular point of similarity between us.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This!

I allowed my hair to go gray a year or two ago, and I couldn't be happier with that decision. Absolutely, it marks me as "older." But so did trying to maintain the brunette that had clearly flown the coop some time ago. And I love no longer having to devote time and energy to trying to maintain that facade.

I think my new hair looks pretty good, too - at least, it draws compliments even from strangers. Including the ultimate compliment: two women in church, one in her 70's and the other in her 80's, gave up dying their hair not long after I went gray. One has told me that my new look inspired her! They both had been using fairly harsh colors, and I think they look much, much better now (but I'll admit to being biased).

I just wish I'd had the courage to go gray earlier. White heads are kind of a hallmark on my mother's family - a point that was reinforced with a recent homeland visit with cousins that are my age and younger. (But I am grateful that mine is more of a steelish gray right now... and I hope I'll be ready for the white when it finally comes!) I wish my mother had had a chance to see me sporting the family trademark, and that my younger brother, whose hair had much more salt than pepper when he died a few years ago, had had a chance to see this particular point of similarity between us.

I followed a woman on youtube who chronicled her journey to embracing her grey (forget her name) and she looked fabulous and it was clearly freeing for her.

My people keep naturally colored locks for a long time, so I don't have to worry about it right now, but you are right-- it is time consuming!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My maternal grandmother didn't stop dyeing her hair until she was around 90. When I saw a pic of her with grey hair I was shocked, lol.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter got kicked out of the adult pool on our Christmas cruise. They said you had to be over 18. She will be 30 in a few days. We have good genes.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Moto style forever! ((70)
E72FE51B-1C26-498B-829F-A186BDCE6AFB.jpeg
Just watched Death Becomes Her last night, so my answer would be ~you know you are getting old when your arms and legs fall off.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Everyone is talking “looks”. I still get my hair colored...a proffessional good cut and color. MY weight is reasonable. Keeping the weight in check portrays a younger look. Husbands with wives who have let themselves “go” comment and compliment me on my looks. I am not a raving beauty btw. I just try to present myself in a positive manner. I don’t try to dress like a 30 or younger something. Love colors. I am more Classic...rarely trendy. Love jewelry. I Use a good skincare regimen. Always have, in fact.

What makes ME FEEL old(er)? Losing friends in their 50’s to cancer. My get up and go has slowed...I experience vertigo these days. Diagnosed with arthritus in my NECK! The chronic pain of that situation bugs the heck out of me. It fatigues me, in fact. I am more conscience of being careful taking the stairs, etc. My vitals and blood panels are excellent. I love to walk. I no longer get on a treadmill tho ....for safety reasons. Amazingly... turned 60 last summer and all heck has broken loose! ( the arthritus).

I keep a positive attitude. There is always someone else struggling in a worse way. I am blessed.
FM

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Moto style forever! ((70)
E72FE51B-1C26-498B-829F-A186BDCE6AFB.jpeg
Just watched Death Becomes Her last night, so my answer would be ~you know you are getting old when your arms and legs fall off.

You go girl! We are Moto twins! :cool2:

:appl:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Signs of aging:

Forgetting how old you are. I told everyone I was 41 all year. I’m 43 or am i 44? I’m 43. See? I declared 39 to be my last birthday, apparently, that stuck!

Walking into the bedroom to get something and forgetting the purpose for going there. Forgetting the whipped cream you had in your hands while you walked into the bedroom on the dresser. Going back into the kitchen to cook and realizing you can’t find the freaking whipped cream! Spending a half hour trying to find the whipped cream, only to hear your 12 year old spraying it into his mouth. Feeling grateful and grossed out for that kid.

Finding your iPhone in the walk-in closet all of the gosh darned time.

Never, ever being able to find your car because you drive a white Honda Accord, just like everyone else in the world.

Waking up in the middle of the night in sheer panic because life has gone by in the blink of an eye. “Another blink and I will be 88!” “Another blink and I will be dead”.

Threatening your boobs with implants everyday if they don’t stand up and do their job.

Loving politics more than sitcoms.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Signs of aging:

Forgetting how old you are. I told everyone I was 41 all year. I’m 43 or am i 44? I’m 43. See? I declared 39 to be my last birthday, apparently, that stuck!

Walking into the bedroom to get something and forgetting the purpose for going there. Forgetting the whipped cream you had in your hands while you walked into the bedroom on the dresser. Going back into the kitchen to cook and realizing you can’t find the freaking whipped cream! Spending a half hour trying to find the whipped cream, only to hear your 12 year old spraying it into his mouth. Feeling grateful and grossed out for that kid.

Never, ever being able to find your car because you drive a white Honda Accord, just like everyone else in the world.

Waking up in the middle of the night in sheer panic because life has gone by in the blink of an eye. “Another blink and I will be 88!” “Another blink and I will be dead”.

Threatening your boobs with implants everyday if they don’t stand up and do their job.

You sense of humor will keep you young! I, too, drivea white ahonda Accord! Lol! Too funny

FM

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Signs of aging:

@House Cat LOL This post made me laugh so hard!!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Signs of aging?
Less tolerant of the cold and annoying people.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Signs of aging?
Less tolerant of the cold and annoying people.

Don’t forget less tolerant of the heat as well. I think for many (not all) they become just less tolerant in general.:whistle:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m 58, I get my hair cut and coloured every 5 weeks, I wear make up every day, I wear heels, tights, form fitting clothes, do I care if other people think it’s inappropriate, nope :lol:

To paraphrase Erin Brokovich, while I still only have one a**, I’ll wear what I like.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina I could have written every word of your post above with the exception of I color my hair every 3 to 4 weeks (roots).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I touch up my parting on week 3, which sees me through to my professional colour at week 5 @Calliecake :D

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you girls (((sigh) i could not keep up with you! (Hair coloring, etc.)
I stopped coloring my hair 20 years ago. I cut my own hair, bangs every month so I can see out. I would love to be more spiffy, but I must not have gotten that gene, so I am happy to have friends who rock the put-together look.

BUT I do wear red lipstick and diamonds every day.
And my diamonds are very clean!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really don’t have the colouring that suits grey hair @Jimmianne , YOU totally rock it tho’. :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stopped coloring my hair 20 years ago. I cut my own hair, bangs every month so I can see out. I would love to be more spiffy, but I must not have gotten that gene, so I am happy to have friends who rock the put-together look.

Jimmianne you are not alone so hope that provides some small comfort. Well the only difference is I don't wear lipstick. But yes I keep my diamonds on when I go out and I try keeping them clean (I must do better at this) and I have stopped coloring my hair once again because it is a real pain in the neck. And forget makeup at all these days. My skin is just too sensitive and barely managing to survive this lack of humidity and cold the winter is bringing. I agree with Austina...you do rock the gray. It suits your coloring.

But yes I love my friends and their put together look. That was never and will never be me. Rock on girls you glamorous girls! @Austina , @Calliecake, etc you go girls!!!

And for the record @Jimmianne you are glamorous too! Even without lots of makeup. Your inner self glows a glamourous glow what can I say. You don't need the extras. :kiss:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Madame Moto, what compliments!
Glamorous glow, indeed lol

You are one of the best put together women I know, so ... :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina , add me to the cut and colour every 5 week club!
Just turned 60, but someone I've known for about 10 years wasn't aware of my age until my recent birthday. She was shocked and said I'm "well-preserved", so I don't think my colour-assisted hair looks foolish or odd ... yet! :lol-2:

I'd love to save the expensive involved with colouring my hair, but I'm not quite ready to go with my natural colouring, whatever it might be. Wish I knew. I see gray hair on people that looks amazing! If I knew what colour it would be, and how it would look with my skin tone and "well-preserved" appearance (Ha!) then it would be an easier decision to stop or continue with the colour.

First World problem. =)2

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think that for men it's the paunchy stomach that hangs over the belt and a slouchy posture.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Clean diamonds are the key! Especially if they are studs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results