shape
carat
color
clarity

What are the red stones?

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
This was my grandmothers ring, one of a few beautiful pieces I have, I'm going to have everything insured and appraised, I thought to share here, and get any suggestions on the red stones.

_4974.jpeg

_4975.jpeg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like rhodolite garnet to me, but it's very hard to tell by your pictures.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, I didn't think they were rubies, I'll look into rhodolite garnet. I tried for a better photo, but the camera wouldn't focus.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also guess garnet, but I think of rhodolite being more rosy-red or violet than this appears.

Very pretty ring! You are so fortunate to have things from your grandmother!

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes I know, I honestly hold them so dear as she's the reason I adore jewelry. I remember as a kid wanting to sneak into her room and look at her jewelry box, I'd dream about it too !! :lol: I have her wedding ring, it's two round diamonds, kind of off set, maybe I'll upload.

I have one I wear daily also, and a gold bracelet, I'll take a picture of the ring too, and add it. I don't think the photo will do them justice, but I'll add them!

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure how well cut her wedding set was, it's very dirty, but it sparkles something fierce. The star was passed down to my mom, then me, I've had it close to 10 years now, as well as the bracelet. I'm not a yellow gold person, but I wear them proudly. The photo isn't quite picking up the different tones of gold in the bracelet, I've always been curious as to what makes them different, almost looks rose gold. It's quite heavy too, I like that it's substantial.

_1299.png

_4976.jpeg

_4977.jpeg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your grandmother's pieces Breanne! And I especially love the bypass ring....very, very special! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results