shape
carat
color
clarity

What are the pearl essentials?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
So in my past dozen trips to China I''ve gotten pearls for all of my friends and relatives, but only have one pair of studs and a graduated 16in necklace with the center 14mm to smallest 9mm at the clasp.

Now what are the staples? I was thinking about getting something long like Coati''s?

I always get funky baroque necklaces for my mom and MIL and will take pictures for you when next I''m home, but for now, I''m wondering about what to get myself. I have connections so can get them for solid prices, but am unsure of what to purchase. Everything goes with black pants right?

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For me, the pearl essentials are a choker, a longer necklace that''s either a single strand, a double strand or a single doubled over to make two strands, and a pair of stud earrings. After that, it''s time to experiment with color and maybe branch out into a bracelet or a ring, pendants or experiment with size of the pearls to fill in any gaps in your pearl wardrobe. Although I should talk. I seem to concentrate mostly on necklaces and have only ventured into color (a silvery gray) once!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Definitely a white set of studs, necklace and bracelet. I think a rope is a good idea as well. After that, I''d get a colored(maybe baroque or other interestingly shaped) necklace or other piece in a tone that flatters your skin.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want something long. It''s probably the third on the "essential" list for me, after my 8 mm studs and necklace.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think I''d wear a 30" strand more than the traditional 18". I have both and wear them rarely. But I''d like a better quality 30" strand.

jjjul

Rough_Rock
I love the ones that lay right above your collar bone...So sexy!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my list in "tiers"
1) an 18'''' strand, pearl studs, and a bracelet
2) a double strand choker or long strand that can be doubled/tripled, pearl dangle earrings
3) a single large pendant, pearl ring

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Great thoughts ladies, thanks!

mmmm, color. so much to think about, they are so versatile.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results