shape
carat
color
clarity

What are the options for an alternative purchase location?

gnf

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I am looking at buying an engagement ring for my girlfriend and have set my eyes on this setting with a Marquise Cut diamond. The ring style is perfect for what my girlfriend would want, and the fact that it''s a bridal set makes it even better. The issue I''m having is that I don''t know what to think about Novori. I''ve found maybe two or three good/bad reviews for this site online (not counting their testimonial section), and I don''t know if I trust it. I''ve contacted them recently to ask a few questions and to see if I can look at the diamonds somehow, but have yet to hear back.

Has anyone seen similar bridal set styles at more widely known online stores? I''ve looked at the recommended sites (White Flash, James Allen, etc.), but none show similar bands in yellow gold. If I send a link of this ring to one of these other sites, would they be able to custom-make something similar (or even inform me of bands they carry that they don''t advertise)? Would the custom-make be worth the extra cost that will go into the purchase just because I''m not trusting of a site that has exactly what I want?

Thanks for your help!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if you will be able to find that ring at a vendor. The style is less contemporary that what is available now. I would just systematically start going through what the different vendors have to offer on their sites and see if you can come up with something similar if you don''t feel comfortable with that manufacturer. There are many vendors who could create it for you but the price would probably be
a bit higher. A lot of people don''t want a ring that the wedding band cannot be worn alone so I think that is why you don''t see a lot of similarly styled rings.

Good luck in your search!

chhst49

Rough_Rock
Re: What are the options for an alternative purchase locatio

gnf: I am also thinking about buying from them and would like to know what you decided to do.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That style seems to be somewhat of an older style so you may have a hard time finding it at some of the PS vendors
who really try to stick with classics or more up-to-date styles (because this is what sells).

Did you ask the vendor if this ring will take a marquise setting?

I'll look around and get back to you if I can find something similar.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is one that has a little bit of twist in it that will take a marquise. They dont picture the
wedding band so you would have to ask (hopefully they have one).
http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagemen ... -1830.html

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't think custom is the way to go. The style is older so maybe look at www.stuller.com and www.adwar.com and unique settings of NY if you find the style you want, any jeweler should be able to get the semi mount in for you and finish it. If you need recommendations of jewelers that would do a good job of this, I would go with Wink (www.highperformancediamonds.com) or BGD (www.briangavindiamonds.com) personally.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results