shape
carat
color
clarity

what are the facts on " russian cut " diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sean

Rough_Rock
what are the facts on " russian cut " diamonds ? are they a good cut , are they cut for brilliance and fire like the jewelers are telling me, or are most diamonds cut this way and the " russian cut " is just a marketing ploy, any opinions please ?:confused:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
During Soviet times all diamonds in the USSR were cut to very strict standards. The average make was very good. Russian cut became a synonym of the very good cut.

Could you post the proportions of the diamond here?

sean

Rough_Rock
hi Leonid , the diamond is a russian cut
princess cut
.61 carrot
f vs2
4.83 by 4.53 by 3.52 deep
table 79 %
depth 73 %
price $ 1550
in my eyes it has great brilliance , sparkle and fire .
is this to small of a diamond for an engagement ring ??

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can not tell fancies frm the #'s, only with an Ideal-Scope.
Russia made more Russian make than they mined diamonds :)

Many dealers sell any well made or half well made diamond as 'Russian' make. It is like saying we only sell A quality apples. Use your eye's, Ideal-Scope (check this page out https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_fancy.asp ) and an appraiser (dave Atlas is a fancy shaped expert who also has a grading by #'s system you will find in the Tutorial down the bottom)

Sheryfox

Rough_Rock
With regard to Russian Cut being a term synonymous with a fine cut diamond - I also heard that Russian "material" polishes brighter. Is this the case? I cannot find any hepful articles on Russian cut diamonds on the web.

Please respond to [email protected]

Thank you.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamond is diamond

There is lots of smokey gnatty material from Argyle - but also a few really bright gems.
Russia has more nice and less 'Naats' - but diamonds is diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results