shape
carat
color
clarity

what are irridated diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutechick0021

Rough_Rock
I''m working with whiteflash to make a custom blue and white diamond eternity band. they gave me the following specs:

Full Eternity14k White Gold $1,450.00

18k White Gold $1,525.00

Platinum $1,695.00
Description: -Based ''Danielle'' Bezel Ring: http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/-Danielle--3-4-Eternity-Bezel-Diamond-and-Sapphire-Wedding-Band_1387.htm-Includes approximately .55ctw in ACA diamond melee, F/G in color and VS in clarity & Full Cut Irradiated Blue Diamonds SI1 Clarity Three-Quarter Eternity14k White Gold $1,325.00

18k White Gold $1,395.00

Platinum $1,575.00

Description: -Based ''Danielle'' Bezel Ring: http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/-Danielle--3-4-Eternity-Bezel-Diamond-and-Sapphire-Wedding-Band_1387.htm-Includes approximately .48ctw in ACA diamond melee, F/G in color and VS in clarity & Full Cut Irradiated Blue Diamonds SI1 Clarity

Not quite sure what this all means. can you guys help me clarify? thanks!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
These blue diamonds are actually usually high color, cap diamonds that usually no one would want to set in a ring, and are irradiated to give the blue color. Not radioactive and is a stable color, just not natural color diamonds which would be priced in the 10k/carat range or higher, for a 0.1c stone.

cutechick0021

Rough_Rock
Do they look real? Would it be worth getting for that price?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look real and are real. Just in a deep color that if in a natural blue diamond would cost a bomb. :razz:

EDT:
Pricewise, I am not sure, price might include sourcing of the stone, custom... Maybe ask for quotes from other vendors for comparison?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 7:41:08 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
They look real and are real. Just in a deep color that if in a natural blue diamond would cost a bomb. :razz:

I think most of the time they DON''T look real just for that reason. That no real blue diamonds ever look like that.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 7:44:15 PM
Author: neatfreak
Date: 4/6/2009 7:41:08 PM

Author: Stone-cold11

I think most of the time they DON''T look real just for that reason. That no real blue diamonds ever look like that.
I think there are diamonds that look at deep blue color, just not in price range of normal people.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Guys!
cutechick0021- they take diamonds and bombard them with radiation, and they turn colors.
The color of treated stones is quite different from a natural fancy colored diamonds.
The blues and yellows are almost....exaggerated(?) to where the irradiated colors are easy to spot. Still, many people buy and like them
There''s said to be no residual radiation, and it''s supposed to be permanent- I''ve never heard different.

The diamonds used for irradiation are generally brown- to get blue, you have to start with a brown, I believe.
Larger natural blue diamonds cost millions - and in the smaller sizes, natural blue diamonds are still crazy expensive, and don''t have all that much color.

cutechick0021

Rough_Rock
thank you for the information. Where could I find good pics of irridated blue diamonds?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've taken a few photos of some irradited blue diamonds- If you put up a thread asking for photos of irradiated blue diamonds, I'd be glad to add them- I'm sure others will as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results