shape
carat
color
clarity

What are good specs for an asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I know that there are strict standards for cut for rounds, princesses, etc and some sort of new grading for asschers, but how can I tell the good from the bad? I''m considering one with a GIA cert and the following specs:

GIA Feb. 2003
Shape..........Square cut emerald
Measurements...6.86 x 6.72 x 4.28 mm
Weight.........1.66 ct

depth....63.7%
table....76%
girdle...medium
cutlet...none

finish.... good
symmetry.. good
clarity... VS1- feather
color..... H

I''m affraid it might be a little deep, but I just don''t quite know what I should be looking for. Any opinions or advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it may be a *little* deep....but that table...whoa! it''s a big ''un.
you might want to look at something down around high 50''s.... not so different from the rb''s.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 10:05:02 AM
Author:mercoledi
I know that there are strict standards for cut for rounds, princesses, etc and some sort of new grading for asschers, but how can I tell the good from the bad? I''m considering one with a GIA cert and the following specs:

GIA Feb. 2003
Shape..........Square cut emerald
Measurements...6.86 x 6.72 x 4.28 mm
Weight.........1.66 ct

depth....63.7%
table....76%
girdle...medium
cutlet...none

finish.... good
symmetry.. good
clarity... VS1- feather
color..... H

I''m affraid it might be a little deep, but I just don''t quite know what I should be looking for. Any opinions or advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
bleck

some numbers:
table - under 64
depth - 60-70 - most tend to run on the deeper side of that.
crown height 10%+ some of the best today are in the 15% to 17% range.
As square as possible - 1.04 ratio and under.

From there get pictures: ASET prefered, regular pictures, IS images.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh well, just goes to show that if something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

From the pictures it''s now obvious that the table is very large, but it creates a "falling into" feeling that I liked. Does the large table also mean less sparkle then?

Thanks for the advice!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 10:37:33 AM
Author: mercoledi
Oh well, just goes to show that if something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

From the pictures it''s now obvious that the table is very large, but it creates a ''falling into'' feeling that I liked. Does the large table also mean less sparkle then?

Thanks for the advice!
Yes that combo would have very little fire and since asschers arent as brilliant as some other cuts it really leaves them not performing that well.

A high crown(10%+) is critical for fire in asschers and a huge table means it isnt.
You can get the 10 miles deep look with a smaller table.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results