shape
carat
color
clarity

What am I?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I was cleaning out my jewelry box and came across this ring that was given to me a looooooooooooooong time ago (I think I was in 8th grade). It's obviously not a quality piece of jewelry but I'm curious as to what kind of stone the purple one is (the side stones are either some kind of brown stone or the most horrific colored diamonds I've ever laid eyes on
2.gif
).

RandomStoneKA.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Amethyst maybe? Why dont you take it to your local jeweler?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks like a rhodolite garnet or a pink tourmaline to me...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2007 9:33:36 PM
Author: surfgirl
Amethyst maybe? Why dont you take it to your local jeweler?
That''s a good idea. I just found it this afternoon. I need to get my rings polished and replated, I''ll try to remember to bring it when I go.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking amythest.

Chrysoz

Rough_Rock
very interesting piece of jewelery...

Lets say your picture and my monitor is showing exactly the right hues, the, I am pretty syre it is NOT an amethyst. As I said, it can be my monitor''s fault, but the color is wrong in some way...

the problem is that Amethyst would be the most logical answer, it is a large bit to deep purplish to be a rhodolite and if the ring would have been a bit more valuable, I would have put my guess on Spinel, but now... I don''t know. Let your jewelerer test it and be sure to let us now arfterwards
2.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''''d guess either amethyst or synthetic alexandrite ... the side stones look like smokey quartz to me, which makes me lean towards the former. Do you know what the setting is made of?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 3:16:59 PM
Author: Circe
I''d guess either amethyst or synthetic alexandrite ... the side stones look like smokey quartz to me, which makes me lean towards the former. Do you know what the setting is made of?
Circe, I don''t know anything about the setting (except that it never made my finger turn green!) or the stone. It was given to me when I was quite young (13 or so) by a woman who loved purple and served as a second mother, of sorts, to me. I don''t have a trip to the jeweler planned anytime soon, but when I go this ring, which is now living on my computer table, is coming with me. I wish I could mail it to one of you smart ladies to help me identify!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could it be Iolite?
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results