shape
carat
color
clarity

What am I missing? Kashmir Sapphire under consideration

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I am considering buying this 1920s Kashmir sapphire, that has a GIA and EGL certificates of origin as an unheated Kashmir of 1.76 Carats. Please share your thoughts. I want a stone that doesn't change color in different light. I appreciate any input, as it is scary buying over the internet.

IMG_9014.jpg overlay.jpg overlay.jpg mail.jpg mail.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the return policy?
Have you seen the EGL lab memo?
Are there better close ups on the stone and ring? Current pics don't tell me enough.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
1617195963755.png
I posted the best pictures I have. Thank you for commenting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see that the memo is AGL, not EGL, which is even better.

Please request better close ups. I want to be able to see clarity from 6 inches away. Would be good to also see it under different light sources. Can you post the vid?

What is the return policy?

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I will ask and post.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have a video you can upload to YouTube (under an anonymous account) and then post the link here. That would help a lot. Also, what is the asking price?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer the AGL color quality prestige report. If it’s a significant purchase, it’s not enough to know the origin, but the color quality as well. I’m concerned about extinction in the stone, and just because a sapphire is Kashmir, does not make it an exceptional color.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a lovely sapphire and being Kashmir and unheated a premium sapphire.
However it is a deep toned sapphire and in low light conditions it will darken considerably. This is how it is with deeper toned sapphires. In strong light / sunlight it should look amazing but it’s an “offset” that you have to decide if it’s acceptable to you or not.
what is the return policy?
its extremely difficult to assess sapphires via photos and videos, you really need to see it in person and in the lighting conditions you’ll be wearing it in.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is lovely. Whether it's $10,000 lovely or $100,000 lovely no one here can tell from a few photos or videos. That is a photo taken by someone who knows what they are doing. That can either be a good thing or a bad thing. For this, I would probably fly to see it.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, all who commented. I agree that the stone has a darker tone, but I love royal blue, so it suits me. 1st dibs has a 3 day return policy, so I will be able to return it if I am not thrilled, windows or dark spots bother me, etc. I can’t managed to download the videos, sorry.
Here are 2 new pictures of the ring.

This forum is a wonderful resource because of all of you. 69273C40-D8B5-4FB1-A234-FA47C4B35636.jpeg FC6BEF6B-54A8-40B1-845B-237A8007E4A5.jpeg

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, all who commented. I agree that the stone has a darker tone, but I love royal blue, so it suits me. 1st dibs has a 3 day return policy, so I will be able to return it if I am not thrilled, windows or dark spots bother me, etc. I can’t managed to download the videos, sorry.
Here are 2 new pictures of the ring.

This forum is a wonderful resource because of all of you. 69273C40-D8B5-4FB1-A234-FA47C4B35636.jpeg FC6BEF6B-54A8-40B1-845B-237A8007E4A5.jpeg

That sapphire looks stunning in those new pics, particularly the first one. Wow.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It appears to be a beautiful stone, but I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t change color in different lighting situations.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
The stone will hold its color in all lights that are common. It looks to be pure blue or as blue as it gets as there is always a small percentage of secondary colors in any stone hue. If it had some violet in it, you could expect a shift. The report says "blue." No shift.

Last edited:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I am in love with my ring, the sapphire, the setting.

Attachments

• 1C3E953A-3E01-4955-80C3-3822DEE83030.jpeg
    1C3E953A-3E01-4955-80C3-3822DEE83030.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 82781E6E-3317-4F72-8235-230FDCC13007.jpeg
    82781E6E-3317-4F72-8235-230FDCC13007.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 94

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all, who kindly contributed to my decision to buy the ring of my dreams. Just a heads up, many offers were made to the dealer who had the ring, after I posted here. It had been for sale for months, with no interest, when I started corresponding with them. They were inundated and baffled by the interest after I posted here.

Word to the wise: hold, put a deposit down, , or purchase with return option BEFORE you ask for advice here. The advice here was measured. The frenetic activity at the dealers convinced me my intuition was right, and this was the sapphire I was looking for, that wouldn’t change color in different light. And it did not disappoint!

Thank you all, who kindly contributed to my decision to buy the ring of my dreams. Just a heads up, many offers were made to the dealer who had the ring, after I posted here. It had been for sale for months, with no interest, when I started corresponding with them. They were inundated and baffled by the interest after I posted here.

Word to the wise: hold, put a deposit down, , or purchase with return option BEFORE you ask for advice here. The advice here was measured. The frenetic activity at the dealers convinced me my intuition was right, and this was the sapphire I was looking for, that wouldn’t change color in different light. And it did not disappoint!

And thank you for this reminder! Friggin lurkers, man...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you. Its gorgeous!!!!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If nothing else, you can use it for your avatar

called it =)2

It looks very pretty! Congrats!

I'm surprised about all the action after you posted. And how would they find it? I can't even find it now...

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
called it =)2

It looks very pretty! Congrats!

I'm surprised about all the action after you posted. And how would they find it? I can't even find it now...

Google? Not sure, but it was on 1st Dibs

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations on acquiring such a vivid, spectacular blue sapphire. I think it's absolutely dreamy. Glad you made it your avatar.

I am glad you had it under deposit. I am glad your seller was above board. Apparently our barrel of apples has a few fetid ones. It's unfortunate for the PS community.

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the sapphire! It is incredibly dreamy and that color is amazing! I'm glad you got it and went with your instincts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results