shape
carat
color
clarity

What about clear nail polish inside a ring that''s just a LITTLE BIT too big???!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I have a platinum RHR that''s just a TAD too big for me. It won''t fall off, but it does spin and look a little "floppy". Eventually I plan to get it resized, but in the meantime... would several layers of clear nail polish inside the shank work AT ALL???

Has anyone tried this?! Is it even "do-able"??? Could I still clean it in regular jewelry cleaning solutions? And what about when it''s time to remove the nail polish... would nail polish remover damage the platinum?

I know, it''s a TACKY "solution" at best... but I''m just looking for a short-term fix!
1.gif

THANKS!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I used to do it to my cheapie rings so that they wouldn''t bother my fingers (nickel allergy), when I was young, but it really didn''t change the size at all. You''d probably have to put quite a few coats on it!

I would go to claire''s and buy those ugly but cheap and effective ring sizing plastic "guards" they slip over the bottom of your ring and those will help it stay on. Alternatively, I think a jeweler could put a metal one inside it for you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some of the clear plastic guards from Claire's but they seem to take up too much room, even if I use the smallest one and cut it in half.

Here is another solution: clear gel

I actually ordered a tube of this but I haven't tried it yet. Not sure how it would hold up to the US though!

ETA: Hmmm. When you click on the link inside the one that I posted it doesn't take you anywhere. Try this: link (But look at the first link I posted too because it has a picture of a ring with the stuff inside. This link is just a picture of a tube of the product.)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 10:24:58 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
I have some of the clear plastic guards from Claire''s but they seem to take up too much room, even if I use the smallest one and cut it in half.

I actually ordered a tube of this but I haven''t tried it yet. Not sure how it would hold up to the US though!

ETA: Hmmm. When you click on the link inside the one that I posted it doesn''t take you anywhere. Try this: link (But look at the first link I posted too because it has a picture of a ring with the stuff inside. This link is just a picture of a tube of the product.)
I needed these in the end (before I resized my ring) and I would take the narrowest one and cut it in 3rds. That worked well.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 10:24:58 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
I have some of the clear plastic guards from Claire''s but they seem to take up too much room, even if I use the smallest one and cut it in half.

I actually ordered a tube of this but I haven''t tried it yet. Not sure how it would hold up to the US though!

ETA: Hmmm. When you click on the link inside the one that I posted it doesn''t take you anywhere. Try this: link (But look at the first link I posted too because it has a picture of a ring with the stuff inside. This link is just a picture of a tube of the product.)
OH! DeeJay,
THANKS-- that''s a neat product I never knew about! Thank you for the link. Please tell me how it works!!!

Ellen and Neatfreak,
Thanks for the replies, too. I really appreciate it! I will check out the little buggers at Claire''s... I wouldn''t mind a little plastic gizmo on a piece of costume jewelry... but I''m not sure about something so *visible* on this ring. Hmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results