shape
carat
color
clarity

What a different a halo makes! My 8 main cushion cut!

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
My original engagement ring is a contemporary/antique solitaire setting that my hubby custom designed himself. I absolutely love it and it fits my style perfectly. I've always loved the way halo settings looked too though, so I decided to get a second setting set to wear when I got pregnant and I couldn't fit my original ering anymore. This way, i didnt need to keep having my original setting resized over and over and I still got to wear my wedding diamond even though i was pregnant with fat fingers. I got the best of both words! I wear my original ering when my fingers went back to normal but I got to try out the halo setting for about 1.5 years (yes, i was pregnant with twins and my fingers started swelling at about 3 months and i didnt go back down until a little before a year after my twins were born). I gotta say....having a halo makes a huge difference in what the size of my cushion looks like. I love both looks and still favor my solitaire because i feel like it allows the beautiful facets to shine through more but I'll admit that the halo setting has given me DSS. LOL.

Anyway, for anyone interested, heres what it looked like. My fingers are swelling again so I just went back to my jeweler to have my settings switched out. please excuse the bandaid. i had a hard time taking off my first setting and ending up ripping off some skin (i know...yuck) but at least I took them off early enough this time where I could actually get them off. the last time, i had to have them cut off which was not fun at all! The lighting is different in both pictures too and couldnt get them in the same light (because, to be honest, i dont remember where i even took the first picture! LOL) but for any of you trying to decide between a solitare and a halo cushion...here's a side by side comparison for you!
img_1636__1_.png

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
MsMisty: I replied the following in the RT --

Both beautiful BUT my favourite is the solitaire. Those frenchies make my heart flutter!

(seriously your cushion is the star in the solitaire setting!!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fulvia|1463396198|4032213 said:
MsMisty: I replied the following in the RT --

Both beautiful BUT my favourite is the solitaire. Those frenchies make my heart flutter!

(seriously your cushion is the star in the solitaire setting!!)

Ditto this. LOVE the solitaire. And your diamond IS the star of the show. Gorgeous and it speaks for itself. But as with all things bling it comes down to personal preference. I have always and will always LOVE the elegance and classic beauty of a solitaire. While I appreciate and enjoy halo rings my heart belongs to the solitaire for an ER. :love: You cannot beat the quiet sophistication and elegance of a solitaire IMO.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Both are beautiful looks for sure. But, I also love the non-halo setting the best (and I love halos, have one myself). The cushion stone is absolutely breathtaking and the prongs/setting help make it sing. Yet, the halo is a pretty look and I think you should enjoy rocking that out for a while. Thanks for sharing this post; I know a lot of people wonder about halo vs non-halo. :wavey:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SparklySoprano|1463403122|4032238 said:
Both are beautiful looks for sure. But, I also love the non-halo setting the best (and I love halos, have one myself). The cushion stone is absolutely breathtaking and the prongs/setting help make it sing. Yet, the halo is a pretty look and I think you should enjoy rocking that out for a while. Thanks for sharing this post; I know a lot of people wonder about halo vs non-halo. :wavey:
Fully agree!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results