shape
carat
color
clarity

What a difference a halo makes! my 8-Main Cushion

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
My original engagement ring is a contemporary/antique solitaire setting that my hubby custom designed himself. I absolutely love it and it fits my style perfectly. I've always loved the way halo settings looked too though, so I decided to get a second setting set to wear when I got pregnant and I couldn't fit my original ering anymore. This way, i didnt need to keep having my original setting resized over and over and I still got to wear my wedding diamond even though i was pregnant with fat fingers. I got the best of both words! I wear my original ering when my fingers went back to normal but I got to try out the halo setting for about 1.5 years (yes, i was pregnant with twins and my fingers started swelling at about 3 months and i didnt go back down until a little before a year after my twins were born). I gotta say....having a halo makes a huge difference in what the size of my cushion looks like. I love both looks and still favor my solitaire because i feel like it allows the beautiful facets to shine through more but I'll admit that the halo setting has given me DSS. LOL.

Anyway, for anyone interested, heres what it looked like. My fingers are swelling again so I just went back to my jeweler to have my settings switched out. please excuse the bandaid. i had a hard time taking off my first setting and ending up ripping off some skin (i know...yuck) but at least I took them off early enough this time where I could actually get them off. the last time, i had to have them cut off which was not fun at all! The lighting is different in both pictures too and couldnt get them in the same light (because, to be honest, i dont remember where i even took the first picture! LOL) but for any of you trying to decide between a solitare and a halo cushion...here's a side by side comparison for you!
img_1636__1_.png

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
Shoot. I meant to post this in show me the bling. I can't seem to figure out how to delta this on my phone....can someone tell me?

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Both beautiful BUT my favourite is the solitaire. Those frenchies make my heart flutter!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are beautiful! I usually love halos on cushions, but I like the antique style of the solitaire a little more, I think!

I will tell you, though, that I would never move a diamond back and forth from one setting to another. You might compromise the integrity of the prongs and end up loosing the diamond. I'd get a simulant to set in the halo for when you need the larger size and not change the diamond back and forth.

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
I ever even thought of that! I was thinking that not sizing my original ring up and down and up and down would save to integrity of the band. My jeweler is a really good friend though so I bring my rings in every couple of months to get checked and make sure everthing is still good. Plus it's insured although id hate to lose it since it's ridiculously hard to find 8 Mains :( thanks for the advice! I was thinking about just getting a fake but every cz I looked at just looked too fake to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely agree with you on not sizing rings repeatedly, too! I love the idea of having rings of two different sizes. We are not allowed to discuss sims on here, but I will tell you that there is a version of AVCs that are very well done from what I have seen!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
MsMisty,

I've decided to go with a slightly bigger band on my ering reset and when I'm having a skinny day, I triple up the bands, meaning I put another band in the middle. That seems to help quite a bit. And in the summer, on thicker days, I will use just two, or sometimes just even my e-ring if the finger is particularly swollen. Your diamond is absolutely gorgeous though!!!

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
SparklySoprano|1463418875|4032314 said:
MsMisty,

I've decided to go with a slightly bigger band on my ering reset and when I'm having a skinny day, I triple up the bands, meaning I put another band in the middle. That seems to help quite a bit. And in the summer, on thicker days, I will use just two, or sometimes just even my e-ring if the finger is particularly swollen. Your diamond is absolutely gorgeous though!!!

I'm a big fan of thin petite bands but probably because my ring size is 3.25. Yours is beautiful though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results