shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s wrong with this stone?

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
It was the recommendation of another PSer. The angles and crown height % are wild for dancing fire, but looking at the video I don’t see much life. Shouldn’t this be a firecracker?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That type of photography environment doesn't lend itself well to showing fire. You'd have to do a video like WF or GCAL if you want to see a lot of fire. Why not just buy it to see it in person?

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
That type of photography environment doesn't lend itself well to showing fire. You'd have to do a video like WF or GCAL if you want to see a lot of fire. Why not just buy it to see it in person?

It just seems….lifeless compared to other stones in the same background. I was thinking about it but I’m out of returns with Ritani (I returned a ring set that I ordered as one purchase but they said that’s considered two returns), and it’s available on LGD but I didn’t have a great experience with them so I’m hesitant.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It just seems….lifeless compared to other stones in the same background. I was thinking about it but I’m out of returns with Ritani (I returned a ring set that I ordered as one purchase but they said that’s considered two returns), and it’s available on LGD but I didn’t have a great experience with them so I’m hesitant.

If it doesn't speak to you, that says something. Your perfect stone is out there!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Crown angle of 36 is pretty steep. Maybe that has something to do with it? I’m so not an expert, though. I’m just calling pitches from the bleachers lol

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Crown angle of 36 is pretty steep. Maybe that has something to do with it? I’m so not an expert, though. I’m just calling pitches from the bleachers lol

It is, but it’s supposed to pair well with the 40.5 pavilion angle for brilliant fiery sparkle!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
It is, but it’s supposed to pair well with the 40.5 pavilion angle for brilliant fiery sparkle!

I just reread the chart re:fire and brightness. Maybe bc it leans so far into fire territory it’s lost brightness? That seems to be what the chart claims.

But I agree with @Kim N — if it doesn’t whisper sweet nothings, then consider it a nothing lol

IMG_7164.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It's the lighting and camera settings during photography.
The pastels coming through give us a rough idea of the fire being produced/observed through the monocular camera lens.
I'd be concerned about a bit of over-obstruction and paddling with that one.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like the look of the material itself - it appears to have a filmy quality throughout the stone (maybe I'm wrong)

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
It was the recommendation of another PSer. The angles and crown height % are wild for dancing fire, but looking at the video I don’t see much life. Shouldn’t this be a firecracker?
[QUOTE="musicloveranthony, post: 5...oughout the stone (maybe I'm wrong) [/QUOTE]
It's the lighting and camera settings during photography.
The pastels coming through give us a rough idea of the fire being produced/observed through the monocular camera lens.
I'd be concerned about a bit of over-obstruction and paddling with that one.

@DejaWiz I feel like it’s missing exactly that. Even these crappy videos usually show some colored dispersement and this one seems lackluster.

@musicloveranthony I thought it looked hazy but then I thought maybe I was just over analyzing.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So, I am going to be odd man out and say I like it. I am getting flashes and they look very clear and some nice rainbow colors. I do see a crystal reflected on the side, but forward facing it should not be noticeable.

I see a LOT of dispersion on the facets and color as it moves. Unfortunately, I am mathmatically challenged, so do rely on others (KimN, DejaWiz and others) to help make sure angles are not funky (thanks you!). I just got off my Ritani 2 strike ban myself. :D

Did you pick it up? I see it is gone.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results