shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s this H&A worth?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuckyChuc

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about getting this diamond for my fiancé for engagement. Do you think this is a fair price for an AGS Cert.? Any comment is greatly appreciated from this newbie. Thank you all.

Shape: Brilliant Round
Carats: 1.014
Color: F
Clarity: VVS1

Measurments: 6.51 - 6.55 x 3.94 mm
Depth: 60.2%
Table: 57%
Girdle: 0.8-1.2F
Culet: PT
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.7

Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: None

Finish: H&A
Price: $8,769

1014ct F VVS1 (S244201) 4.jpg

LuckyChuc

Rough_Rock
Another Pic.

1014ct F VVS1 (S244201) 5.jpg

tessa

Shiny_Rock
LuckyChuc is a good name for you!!

tessa

Shiny_Rock
She will be lucky too- Mrs. LuckyChuc!

Nice stone.
I don't know values though

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
LuckyChuc -

Is there any reason why you want a VVS1? The reason I ask is that by going down to a VS2, you can save over $2K. If you run the pricescope link above, you can see the price difference. Make sure you highlight H&A when you make your search.

Good luck!

LuckyChuc

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind word. I have set a $10K budget aside for the engagement ring. I hope after getting the rock there's enough left for the setting. I have thought about stepping down the clarity to VS1-2 like everyone have suggest, but then I thought about it, what the heck, she deserve all of it. Guess love is blind
love.gif

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Mara 110% - get her a bigger stone! an F VS will be MORE then perfect enough for any woman, and the WOW factor will be amazing.

bling

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, but i have to agree with Mara too. :razz: i started out with an F vs2 1.01ct RB and loved it. but i have to admit..the shrinkage factor hit me hard. while still staying within the same budget, i traded in my stone for a larger G vs2...and honestly..i cannot see a diffence in color, but i can see in size and i love it! still white white white! and the inclusions..i still cant find them. so unless you are set on the D-F VVS range..i would consider looking into some of the options suggested but some of the PS members. in the end, its completely your decision, but people here give great advice! good luck!
appl.gif
9.gif

LuckyChuc

Rough_Rock
Mara, ChooChoo, and bling, I agree with all of you. I tried to convince my fiancé to go with a bigger stone and step down on clarity. As much as I’ve tried, she seems to be set on Color & Clarity her highest priority. No matter how much I try to convince her that neither she nor her friends are able to tell the difference between F and G, VSS and VS, to no prevail. Oh well, as long she happy with it. You guys/gals are great. Thanks everyone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I didn't know that she was involved in the process. Well if that is what she wants, then she should have it.
2.gif
I thought that you were doing all the decision making, so just figured I'd throw in a size gal's perspective just in case.
2.gif

Though you better warn her! Diamond shrinkage sets in fast (mental) so in a few months she may be wishing she had bumped up that size!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results