shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s the most amount of money you’d spend on a non-bling wearable item? Eg - handbag, shoes, scarf, clothes etc.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Good to know that they wear extremely well. I'll have to save my pennies and look for them on sale. I love Stella's style! :)

So i just bought another SM bag. I think most of them were purchased from the Outnet. Half off and an additional savings from Amex Platinum. It’s the discount site of Net a Porter if you haven’t seen it.
My splurge ( for the second time ) has been on a beach house so my jewelry, bags and clothing budget has adjusted accordingly. Not a problem because I am too practical to overspend on non durable goods and I live in a very rural area so no one would appreciate it!

Octave

Shiny_Rock
Bag twins! Now if I could just manage to become jewelry twins…haha I guess I’ll keep dreaming ;)2 IMG_6596.jpeg

Yes, I know! I have my goal twins too and I wish I could just be the part twin I like without having to take the other twin parts with me!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m retired now so I think my spending is different than when I was working.

Now:
Bags - $300 or $400. I keep my bags forever and ever and buy classics. Previously maybe $1000 or $1500. I shop sales also for bags. I probably have 10 black bags. I like Furla a lot for leather goods. Have 2 or 3 LVs that I never use anymore. Oh I like Mansur Gavriel leather bags and have 2 or 3 of them.

Scarfs - rarely wear them. Have one Hermes if I must be fancy.

Shoes and boots - along with jewelry, my weaknesses. I’m all over the board here. But most I’d spend now for like Prada would be $1300. I buy normally from Nordstrom or Saks and look for quality and comfort. I also like shoe sales a lot and can buy lots of shoes and boots at a time. I live in Colorado so boots are necessary- I tell myself. I also have been known to buy Fila sneakers and flip flops at Costco.

Coats - I’m not so into coats. Of course I have them but I don’t like buying them.

Wardrobe- really casual now. I still buy nice shirts - love Vince silks but mostly I’m in leggings and tshirt in winter and shorts and t shirt in summer. I wear lots of black (and white) and kind of have a daily wear look. I think I recently paid like $180 for a Mm lfleur black silk shirt for going out. Nice leather gloves for up to $200 but I keep them nice and forever. I don’t buy expensive leggings or shorts. Colorado is pretty casual so I’m fortunate.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here lately, its been fabric. :rolleyes::lol: I try to to spend a TON of money these days...I'm getting up there in age, though I'm never going to retire but that money may come in handy for other things.

I don't really buy bags anymore considering I can make whatever I want these days.

But I can't make shoes.... So I will spend money on nicer shoes. I feel like you can't really go wrong there.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I am willing to spend a certain amount for excellent leather bags and shoes. As for bags I prefer independent manufacturers over brands. In fact: the quality is often much better and the price much lower plus I like to have something that not everyone has or knows what it is. But such items also have their price of course if the quality is excellent. The most I spent on a bag was maybe around 1'500. (I do have one Hermès vintage Kelly bag but it was a present - and I must say, the quality is exquisite with this one as well). As for shoes I only buy if the quality is excellent. I think the most I spent was around 600 for a pair of Tod's shoes. I have had them for years now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results