shape
carat
color
clarity

What´s this Halo name?

Gabrielephant

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Ive been lurking for a while to fix my dilemma....

I want to customise myknife edge 0.75 RB solitaire with a halo. but I just can´t find the halo I want -
Something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jewelco-London-Carat-Diamond-Mount/dp/B0046WEPGS/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

Is there a special name for this type of halo? I don´t want micropave, bezels etc, and only a plain shank .. and does anybody have any idea? I like the flower look.

Secondly - being a romantic soul, I don´t want to part with the shank either - is it possible to add a halo onto a six prong solitaire - could I just buy the head?
Thanks

G

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! What a beauty MissGotRocks! Great find!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
in regards to your original question...can you add a halo to your existing setting...I think it depends on the type of setting you have? I would guess not but I think I have seen an example of this. I would definitely ask a jeweler.

also, I am not sure what the name of that more 'flower' like halo setting is called but if you are going for a custom one just show them a picture.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I believe it would be called a cluster. My mother has a beautiful ruby ring with a cluster diamond halo around it, very similar to the picture you showed.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I love the JA halo!

Gabrielephant

Rough_Rock
thankyou guys - much appreciated.

I do love my solitaire, but one one of the prongs bent, I bent it back myself and now I just want to change the setting. But not if I have to change the shank. i live in spain where everything like this is v expensive so havent even been to a jeweler.

I wear a 1.5 eternity ring on my other hand, so think I should balance it all out a bit.
Would my stone be any safer with a halo?
What propertion do you go fo? I read that you cant fo more thandouble the original ctw.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results