shape
carat
color
clarity

Whaddya think of this EBAY vintage ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m strangely drawn to this ring ...what do you guys think? It comes with a 14K hand-carved band too ... my size ... harumph.

Linkie

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2006 8:35:44 PM
Author:decodelighted
I''m strangely drawn to this ring ...what do you guys think? It comes with a 14K hand-carved band too ... my size ... harumph.

Linkie
size 10?

it''s gorgeous go for it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2006 8:43:09 PM
Author: ladykemma
Date: 12/1/2006 8:35:44 PM

Author:decodelighted

Linkie
size 10?

it''s gorgeous go for it!

I agree, if the price stays down, it''s soooooo pretty and in your size, it doesn''t get any better...

widget

Ideal_Rock
I really like it....I say go for it!!!!

widget

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I would take that link off if you really want it. Or else it''ll bid up a lot more because you''ve just found a great ring for everyone who has access to this site!
2.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
oooooooohhhhh.... me likey! I love bezels and I love the filigree - in your size too, it''s a sign!
9.gif

a

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say go for it, good luck Deco!!!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the filigree!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, too!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, buy it now girl! It is perfect for you and what a great price!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the feedback guys! I''m tempted ... especially since it''s a hard size to find ... but ...

a) it''s the holidays .. I should really be shopping for *cough* others
b) i DO have a very similar heirloom RHR that I rarely wear

I''ll leave the link because if someone wants it more than I do ...c''est la vie! I think if I felt *SURE* about it I''d be more possessive ... hmmm.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I can''t quite make out the craftsmanship exactly, but it looks like it''s probably well-made.

It looks like the Seller has almost perfect positive feedback - none of those insideous neutral feedbacks and only 1 negative a long time ago. My sense of the listing is that it "feels" authentic - can''t give a tangible reason why. The Seller has a few other antique/estate pieces - I wonder what the deal is? Like where''d she get it from and why is she selling it. Maybe you don''t care about that stuff - I personally like to know. Also, if the Seller is responsive to the question, it gives me more confidence in the transaction.

Good luck - I hope you win!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
That''s an interesting ring! Nice find. I know what you mean about buying more of what you don''t already wear - I need to sell some jewelry because I did that.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
If you''re drawn to it, I say get it. Price is cheap, and it''s your size. Life is short -- enjoy the bauble!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey guys ... just a little update ... the ring sold for over $850, and NOT to me! I didn''t even bid .. I guess it just didn''t "call" THAT much.

Thanks for the input though!!! Maybe NEXT time!
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I looked at this mounting early today and my eyes see what consumers might have missed. The ring was very badly worn, worn out in fact, along the lower edge, probably on both sides. This was a result of years of wear from a wedding ring rubbing against it. The image of the ring in the upper right and lower left of the 4 side images supplied by the seller show the poor, broken condition of the lower portion of this ring.

This ring was die struck, probably in halves and assembled. It was not hand made and if it was hand engraved long ago, that is long worn away.

So, you didn't miss a true bargain because it was worn out.....

Meanwhile the stone was graded as "1 Clarity Flawless". What did they mean? Was this I1 clarity or Flawless or something with absolutely no meaning? This is only one of the many problems with ebay and the like. It is so easy to find misrepresented stones sold by supposedly unaware sellers. Many of the sellers know exactly what they are doing and misrepresenting, and others just don't know much at all. How can one rely on such a system?

Anyway, you didn't miss the buy of the year.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
^^^
Wow, thanks for the info! Just goes to show how hard it is to know if something is hand-made sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results