shape
carat
color
clarity

Whadaa think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kgressler

Rough_Rock
OK this is the princess stone i have found that i kinda like although i am still looking i am a newbie and only really be lookin for a few days but reading here has helped alot.Listed at $2667

GIA13311929_zoom.jpeg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice printout :) Can we see the stone somehow ?

kgressler

Rough_Rock
princess_100_lg_top_wire.gif
princess_100_lg_side_wire.gif

Sorry i thought the measuments would copy and paste too.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pictures at BN are just samples - same for many diamonds, not yours
7.gif

kgressler

Rough_Rock
OH? Opps sorry. Well then on paper is this a decent diamond or in your opinion can i do better. I would like to stay above .75 and stay at or below 3000 for the stone.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I wish it had a smaller table... but maybe you do not ?

The BM photo is one of a princess cut with very large table. The one below is just the oposite - deeper and much, much smaller table (below 60%). Compared to the BN type, this would have lots more fire (dispersion). Probably brighter too, but since BN's comes with no check on brilliance, this remains just an educated guess.

printesa.JPG

kgressler

Rough_Rock
OK i was under the ussumption the i needed a larger Table.But instead i am lookin for a larger Depth.
OK bare with me. What would be a good number for both table and depth then?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think table and depth numbers are very informative on their own. I would rather consider AGA cut grades (LINK) and some account of optics on top.

Deeper cut would mean a smaller dimaond for the weight, but maybe top brilliance would make some excuse for just a bit of size loss ? It doesn''t need to, but looking for the right proportions AND brilliance my search yielded NIL in the exact size and price range.

There are three interesting alternatives though:

Of the fiery breed above there are two somewhat close to your specs:
1 carat J/VS1 (more expensive though) LINK

0.8 ct I/VVS1 (smaller a bit, because of different proportions) LINK

And one larger, with more traditional although better proportions (by AGA grading) and larger:

1ct H/SI1 LINK

The same is listed by more than one seller, so this is a choice of diamond, not shop. This listing happens to come with the stats attached (read cert copy). SI should be safe, but you would need to ask for a better copy of that cert and/or an appropriate picture of the stone to see what and where those inclusions are.

sean13

Rough_Rock
Hi kgressler,

Unfortunately it is difficult to choose a fancy cut based on numbers, becasue cutting is not the science with fancies that it is with rounds...at least not yet. I am not an expert, so I can''t tell you what numbers provide the most brilliant diamond, but I can tell you what I looked for in my princess cut and it helped me to find a beautiful stone.

After a lot of research on this site and looking at the AGA cut chart I was looking for a princess cut whose table was smaller than the depth, but whose two values were relatively close (< 5%). The one I chose had a Table-68%, Depth, 70.4%. The other vital number to look for is crown height, which you will most likely need to have the vendor obtain for you since a GIA report does not provide it. That being said, the most important factor is to view the diamond (or diamonds) and choose the one that is most appealing to you. Everyone is different...what works for me may not work for you. Given your size criteria and budget I would give these stones a look and see if the vendor can provide a sarin and lightscope.

Stone 1-http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-813757.htm

Stone 2-http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-813713.htm

Stone 3-http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-813354.htm

These stones could probably be obtained from numerous PS vendors!

If you try one of these or go with a completely different vendor, you should post the lightscope image and sarin information (crown/pavillion info) to let the real experts give you advice. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Sean

kgressler

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much Valeria and Sean.I need alot of help i guess.
25.gif
I see i need to do some more reading and research in to this.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2004 10:46:51 AM
Author: kgressler
Thank you so much Valeria and Sean.I need alot of help i guess.
25.gif
I see i need to do some more reading and research in to this.
There is no easy, short read about princess cuts. At least until the new cut grades (by AGS, same sort as now for those AGS0 Ideal rounds) come up, it is still a bit of work to shop around for princess cuts. The good part ? Those that will eventually turn "Ideal cut" in a few months may not be as expensive now, without the pedigree.

You may want to look up the story of a particularly well documented purchase of princess cuts around here - look up the older threads for "moremoremore". You''ll see what I mean ;-)

kgressler

Rough_Rock
OK i will right now. You have been great thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results